The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesnt make any sense in that context though. Why would any boycotters care if SA continues to attend games? 

His comment only makes sense in the context of "i'm not selling"

In the overall context then that doesn't make sense, the MSG said at the EGM that they were looking to pass control onto the next generation (not an exact quote but as close as I can remember) that's why they looked at fan control of the club and BTB. Other bids like MC, Gow etc once it was clear the board were looking to sell as things went to pot on the park! 

I know I'm in a minority (possibly of 1) but history and probably this season as well (partick,pars or dundee even) shows clubs our size aren't to big to spend the odd year at this level, it's nowhere near unprecedented and if the board were as bad as they're made out we wouldn't have anything like the budget to spend on the squad that we have! 

I still say the whole MSG are terrible, incompetent, corrupt, greedy and couldn't run a raffle is purely a reaction to the last couple of seasons on the park when they put faith in a manager and it backfired spectacularly. Unless, oh sorry I forgot about the massive MSG must go banner that covered our end at hampden during the last cup final, showed they've been terrible for 20 odd years or did I just dream that last part....:lol:

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

Indeed it is. Do we have a plethora of Marillion fans in the Falkirk FC community?
Rather listen to that stuff at games than bloody Amarillo?emoji53.png

Yes , Market Square Heroes - the real face behind the mask.

In fact the lyrics from that song could be applied to Mark Campbell's Twitter page now:

"Are you following me, are you following me?
Well suffer my pretty warriors and follow me"

Yes , Market Square Heroes - the real face behind the mask.
In fact the lyrics from that song could be applied to Mark Campbell's Twitter page now:
"Are you following me, are you following me?
Well suffer my pretty warriors and follow me"

How about we change the club song temporarily to ‘Incommunicado’?
Then if things do get sorted and we end up with MC in charge we could change it to ‘Neverland’. As that’s where he’ll take us....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Then if things do get sorted and we end up with MC in charge we could change it to ‘Neverland’. As that’s where he’ll take us....

One thing is for sure - if MC get's the keys we are all totally "Fugazi" 

15 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

This guy is sniffing around not because we are wonderful or special or are some kind of sleeping giant. There will be a set of circumstances that suit a scheme (or a scam) that we are currently unaware of. There’s a catch to all of this that as of now, hasn’t been nailed down.

I think we had it nailed with players signing up to his agent buddies and sports management representation in that they get signed to Falkirk, they get a shop window to play in player moves on for transfer fee agent/sports management company gets fee club gets next to here haw.

basically a bit like project Hartley on steroids with an even worse outcome.

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I was more thinking if he does get the keys it will be “Freaks” (as in all the best Freaks are here)

and at least we aren’t running out to Robbie Williams “let me entertain you”

2 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I still say the whole MSG are terrible, incompetent, corrupt, greedy and couldn't run a raffle is purely a reaction to the last couple of seasons on the park when they put faith in a manager and it backfired spectacularly. Unless, oh sorry I forgot about the massive MSG must go banner that covered our end at hampden during the last cup final, showed they've been terrible for 20 odd years or did I just dream that last part....:lol:

Ooft.

...or it could also be due to closing the academy, accusing the fans of racism in full media spotlight, threatening fans over the use of non-copyright material, failing to register our trademark material, etc...
Maybe I dreamt all that too? .....

I`m somewhere in the middle. Definitely sounded to me as though he was saying the MSG are going nowhere but it was said in anger, a bit of a "red mist" moment. Similar to Boris Johnson saying he would "rather die in a ditch than send a letter to Brussels". Just a bit of bravado.
It may well end up being the case though the way this bid is going.

You mean the Prime Minister of her Glorious Majesty’s United Kingdom is telling fibs!

b*****d[emoji35]

Has been a few times on here I have noticed discussion about who owns what around the stadium, after being stung for £4 to use the car park at the away end does that cash make its way to the club or council coffers, seems a bit steep for around a maximum of 2hrs parking

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Has been a few times on here I have noticed discussion about who owns what around the stadium, after being stung for £4 to use the car park at the away end does that cash make its way to the club or council coffers, seems a bit steep for around a maximum of 2hrs parking

As far as I know it's the council, it's their land.