The Falkirk FC Thread

Along the same lines with me.
Following since around the same time.
After our last game at Brockville it wasn't until the new season hit me that we would never be back ( unless I win the lottery and buy out Morrisons.. I will not seek any rent either [emoji106] )
Ever since then it hasn't felt like the same club.
I'm not too sure how much Brockville could have been developed and how much it would have cost.. but at that time I dont think we were in any position to do much about it.
People say you have to move on and progress... I've never seen this move to this stadium as progressive... especially given the council's role in screwing us over.

Nice idea, and it's obviously true of some.
In fairness though, there's been a pretty healthy degree of scepticism among most of the Falkirk fans on here from the outset.  

On here probably but the twitterati was and still is on another level

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I beg to differ, so let's examine my "rant" and how much is factual:

• Dude from nowhere - well not one of us had heard of MC before he rocked up
  • Serial business failure - FACT , even MC admitted this (eventually)
  • Ex-bankrupt - FACT, again admitted by MC ,although he claims he only found out himself a few days ago (Ha Ha) even though he also said he'd made the MSG aware of it weeks ago 
  • Deluded - My opinion this one I will give you that
  • Scary - for sure , especially if he gets 62% of the club
  • Tramp-like - FACT , just look at him
  • Lying - FACT , well documented on here
  • Populist - 4th Stand, new pitch , academy, full ownership of stadium, hotel ,Twitter nonsense,  Keane tickets etc
  • Chancer - My opinion but I think I have seen enough to think I'm right.
  • Accused of sexual harassment - FACT

All of this plus, with a Tory-led Brexit just around the corner, I expect a lot of financial deregulation and goodness knows what he'll be be allowed to get away with.

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I've been watching Falkirk since I was 11 in 1968.

Whilst I appreciate that we're the same club, I definitely felt a distinct difference between the club that left Brockville and eventually appeared at the new stadium. It should be remembered that we spent a season sharing at Ochilview, which wasn't much to write home about, but I did feel that it was like 'starting again' in some ways. That impression has diluted considerably since then but I still yearn for Brockville and all of the memories that goes with it.

You may have gathered that I'm not exactly in the first flush of youth and many younger fans will have a very different impression however such a stadium move or, God forbid amalgamation, is much more likely to affect folk of my generation than the younger ones I would have thought. 

Know what you mean. The club lost its heart , the essence of a Falkirk home game. From one of the, if not the most intimidated provincial stadiums in Scottish football to the atmosphere vacuum we have now. It is even more noticeable to those of us that can remember Brockville in full cry.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

And the tone starts to change.....

What the f**k is this?
Screenshot_20191019-143352_Samsung%20Internet.jpeg

It’s not individuals trying to stop it, it is his past that’s been coming to light, since the meet and and greet in the south stand.  If he didn’t have such a shady past and a list of failed businesses there wouldn’t be a problem. The reality of the situation is he’s a disaster waiting to happen, I just don’t want us to be the next failed business on his list.

The only two people who will stop this will be the two largest shareholders. If either say no (42% between them) the deal is dead and MC can whine all he wants.

The only person holding this up is him.

The only two people who will stop this will be the two largest shareholders. If either say no (42% between them) the deal is dead and MC can whine all he wants.

Seems pretty telling to me that Campbell appears only interested if he can buy up a majority of shares.

I hope the one “trying to stop it” is SA. He gets pelters from time to time because he won’t go into splattercash mode, but like it or not, much of what exists at TFS is down to him.

I go back to him saying “the MSG are going nowhere”. Now, that could be interpreted two ways, but dysfunctional or not, I think he really does have FFC as his first concern.

If he smells a rat wrt MC, and decides not to sell, then that’s fair enough.

I have seen and heard nothing that makes me think MC is good news. Everything points to him being the very opposite.

29 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I hope the one “trying to stop it” is SA. He gets pelters from time to time because he won’t go into splattercash mode, but like it or not, much of what exists at TFS is down to him.

I go back to him saying “the MSG are going nowhere”. Now, that could be interpreted two ways, but dysfunctional or not, I think he really does have FFC as his first concern.

If he smells a rat wrt MC, and decides not to sell, then that’s fair enough.

I have seen and heard nothing that makes me think MC is good news. Everything points to him being the very opposite.

His comment was meant to mean that even if he sells up he'll still follow the team home and away. It certainly didn't mean he'd be a major shareholder from now to eternity as some folk seem to have misinterpreted it as.