The Falkirk FC Thread

17 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I never said he wished ill on the Club but for all the derogatory comments aimed at MC, where are we heading right now under the stewardship of people who are apparently fans? How much lower can these people realistically take us? If these “fans” with a bit of dough are not prepared to invest some of their wealth then stand aside and let in others who will...hence where my support of the MC takeover bid comes in. I’m done with the status quo.

So you'd rather some dodgy dude from nowhere, serial business failure, ex-bankrupt, deluded , scary, tramp-like , lying , populist ,chancer accused of sexual harassment, take charge of the club?

Jeez - at least Ritchie only relegated us. 

12 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Why on earth would he go to our games and watch the shite we have on the pitch . I thought what he has to offer is talent spotting . Surely he would be better off watching whoever to bring in somebody with a modicum of talent or character.

To identify weakness/areas of improvement?

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

So you'd rather some dodgy dude from nowhere, serial business failure, ex-bankrupt, deluded , scary, tramp-like , lying , populist ,chancer accused of sexual harassment, take charge of the club?

Jeez - at least Ritchie only relegated us. 

What‘s the alternative? Carry on plummeting down the leagues under the current custodians, who are supposedly fans? F**k that and f**k that failure Ritchie, an absolute imposter of a man. What happens if League One becomes the norm? Do we just shrug our shoulders and say “hey-ho, at least they only relegated us”? Perhaps that level of ambition and gross mismanagement cuts the mustard for you but it certainly doesn’t for me.

Pretty much all of what you’ve just stated about Campbell is nothing more than a rant. Not much factual, merely a personal opinion (which I acknowledge you share with a dozen or so others on this forum who make up a tiny percentage of our overall fan base). I agree there has been evidence of failed businesses, which he hasn’t denied. But I‘ve heard an awful lot from his side too and I think he deserves a chance on the back of that. I fully respect everyone’s right to be cautious and to disagree, I‘m cautious too and I realise there is a big risk involved, but there’s a risk with any option we choose. I initially thought the BtB bid was the way to go, but since it became apparent that was merely jumping into bed with the current lot & rearranging the deckchairs (or a “diluting of shares” to give it its proper term) rather than a takeover, that no longer became a viable option. We need gutted from top to bottom and if those behind BtB can’t stump up enough cash for a complete takeover then it’s a firm no from me. I’ve also heard numerous stories regarding some of the ego’s involved with BtB that I don’t like which gives me no confidence they would be acting in the Club’s best interests. Gaowza’s bid I’m loathed to even acknowledge. A journeyman footballer who suddenly has millions to invest in a football club and he chooses Falkirk? Where’s his business plan? Where’s he made his money? What experience has he got running businesses let alone a football club?  And even if all that evidence does stack up, it’s inevitable he’d bring back his bum-chum Hughes and that can get so far to f**k. 

This is on the MSG and as a group of fans, we cannot allow them to get away with this any longer. They are wholly responsible for the situation we find ourselves in, both on and off the park.

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

Falkirk in League One is completely unacceptable but it's a lot better than no Falkirk FC at all, which is a risk we'd take with that Scooby Doo villain charlatan Campbell.

The BoD should sell to the fans and never darken the club's door again.

FWIW I reckon they're waiting for a good run of results before they announce Bexley is Bonkers is kicked into touch.

3 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Gaowza’s bid I’m loathed today even acknowledge. A journeyman footballer who suddenly has millions to invest in a football club and he chooses Falkirk? Where’s his business plan? Where’s he made his money? What experience has he got running businesses let alone a football club?  And even if all that evidence does stack up

You should be probably be asking these questions about MC.

15 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Gaowza’s bid I’m loathed to even acknowledge. A journeyman footballer who suddenly has millions to invest in a football club and he chooses Falkirk? Where’s his business plan? Where’s he made his money? What experience has he got running businesses let alone a football club?  And even if all that evidence does stack up, it’s inevitable he’d bring back his bum-chum Hughes and that can get so far to f**k. 

Pretty irrational rant against Gow.

I was told by a friend (usually ITK) who has spoken with Gow about his bid that he was heading up a well funded consortium of businessmen and they were looking to invest more into the club than the MC bid.

Also please explain why a former footballer, journeyman or otherwise, cannot go on to have a successful career after his playing days are over.

20 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

What‘s the alternative? Carry on plummeting down the leagues under the current custodians, who are supposedly fans? F**k that and f**k that failure Ritchie, an absolute imposter of a man. What happens if League One becomes the norm? Do we just shrug our shoulders and say “hey-ho, at least they only relegated us”? Perhaps that level of ambition and gross mismanagement cuts the mustard for you but it certainly doesn’t for me.

Pretty much all of what you’ve just stated about Campbell is nothing more than a rant. Not much factual, merely a personal opinion (which I acknowledge you share with a dozen or so others on this forum who make up a tiny percentage of our overall fan base). I agree there has been evidence of failed businesses, which he hasn’t denied. But I‘ve heard an awful lot from his side too and I think he deserves a chance on the back of that. I fully respect everyone’s right to be cautious and to disagree, I‘m cautious too and I realise there is a big risk involved, but there’s a risk with any option we choose. I initially thought the BtB bid was the way to go, but since it became apparent that was merely jumping into bed with the current lot & rearranging the deckchairs (or a “diluting of shares” to give it its proper term) rather than a takeover, that no longer became a viable option. We need gutted from top to bottom and if those behind BtB can’t stump up enough cash for a complete takeover then it’s a firm no from me. I’ve also heard numerous stories regarding some of the ego’s involved with BtB that I don’t like which gives me no confidence they would be acting in the Club’s best interests. Gaowza’s bid I’m loathed to even acknowledge. A journeyman footballer who suddenly has millions to invest in a football club and he chooses Falkirk? Where’s his business plan? Where’s he made his money? What experience has he got running businesses let alone a football club?  And even if all that evidence does stack up, it’s inevitable he’d bring back his bum-chum Hughes and that can get so far to f**k. 

This is on the MSG and as a group of fans, we cannot allow them to get away with this any longer. They are wholly responsible for the situation we find ourselves in, both on and off the park.

How the Hell can you be so reckless about the fate of your club?

It's bloody unbelievable.  Of course Falkirk won't remain at this lowly playing level for long.  To let impatience and understandable annoyance about that create a willingness to risk the club's very existence is madness.

I can't see this MC chancer getting control now, but if he does, it'll be guys like you who'll deserve it if it all goes violently tits up.

2 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

What makes you think I haven’t?

OK if you have, were you satisfied with his answers? i cant see any proof he has the kind of money he claims to have.

Did he give you a reason for the bankruptcy? i here his line is "i didn't know i was bankrupt"

has he provided the club with proof of source of funds? (if he said he has , hes lying).

2 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Anyone catch Wednesday's football daily podcast entitled how to run a football league club. Lots of takeover chat. Worth a listen https://open.spotify.com/episode/0iLIx7XkJ1ttPw3AbnlJA2?si=Veq9x5f2TLyNcI2R7CCSdQ

Very good listen. 

Shows why a fourth stand should be built as football clubs need to make money bar the other 20 odd match days throughout a season. Rather than rely on money from owners businesses as they can go bust at any time like at Notts County.

24 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Pretty irrational rant against Gow.

I was told by a friend (usually ITK) who has spoken with Gow about his bid that he was heading up a well funded consortium of businessmen and they were looking to invest more into the club than the MC bid.

Also please explain why a former footballer, journeyman or otherwise, cannot go on to have a successful career after his playing days are over.

So my rant against Gaowza is irrational, but all the others against Campbell are just par for the course?

You’ve spoken to a friend who is usually in the know who has spoken to Gaowza you say? Ah well that’s us sorted then. Why didn’t you say so earlier? That’s all the proof I needed to get behind his bid and put my trust in him and his completely anonymous businessmen to take charge of our club.

Theres also no logical reason why a journeyman ex-footballer can’t go on to have a successful career after his playing days are over. However on the basis Gow was still playing less than a year ago, I’m struggling to see where he’s made his money in such a short space of time. I’d also be interested to know what line of work he’s in out with football because there’s not much that I can find online about his successful business ventures.

Can you see where I’m going here? Surely a bit of pot calling the kettle black, no?

Edited by Relegator Ritchie

2 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

So my rant against Gaowza is irrational, but all the others against Campbell are just or for the course?

You’ve spoken to a friend who is usually in the know who has spoken to Gaowza you say? Ah well that’s us sorted then. Why didn’t you say so earlier? That’s all the proof I needed to get behind his bid and put my trust in him and his completely anonymous businessmen to take charge of our club.

Theres also no logical reason why a journeyman ex-footballer can’t go on to have a successful career after his playing days are over. However on the basis Gow was still playing less than a year ago, I’m struggling to see where he’s made his money in such a short space of time. I’d also be interested to know what line of work he’s in out with football because there’s not much that I can find online about his successful business ventures.

Can you see where I’m going here? Surely a bit of pot calling the kettle black, no?

Did you find anything on MC successful business ventures?

1 minute ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

So my rant against Gaowza is irrational, but all the others against Campbell are just or for the course?

No.

I never mentioned any of the rants directed at MC, and despite your snidey wee remark about where my (limited) information about Gow came from I absolutely trust the source.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How the Hell can you be so reckless about the fate of your club?

It's bloody unbelievable.  Of course Falkirk won't remain at this lowly playing level for long.  To let impatience and understandable annoyance about that create a willingness to risk the club's very existence is madness.

I can't see this MC chancer getting control now, but if he does, it'll be guys like you who'll deserve it if it all goes violently tits up.

f**k off, you self-opinionated c**t!

“Guys like me” have travelled all over the country following this club through thick and thin all my life. Made sacrifices plenty of others wouldn’t have dreamed of making along the way to make sure I could watch my team on a Saturday. “Guys like me” have gone through every emotion there is to go through. I live and breath this football club and I’ll certainly not be lectured about what I deserve from anyone let alone a p***k like you.

Did you find anything on MC successful business ventures?

I love how anything negative about him is “shared by a dozen”, but RR has unsubstantiated positive stuff that makes him a good guy.