The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Oh my.... He is almost at P&B levels now, telling folk to go and have a lie down etc emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Get this absolute minter stopped ffs.

I know Twitter is a fairly new phenomenon but I have never seen anything like this before with any kind of businessman looking to secure a purchase of anything. It's unprecedented!

I noticed ,despite repeated requests, he never answered the direct question - name one of your successful businesses? Instead he dodged the question & then got pretty sarcastic (which is ironic coming from me ha, ha!) . 

6 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I know Twitter is a fairly new phenomenon but I have never seen anything like this before with any kind of businessman looking to secure a purchase of anything. It's unprecedented!

I noticed ,despite repeated requests, he never answered the direct question - name one of your successful businesses? Instead he dodged the question & then got pretty sarcastic (which is ironic coming from me ha, ha!) . 

Yep said this a few weeks ago..where in the (business)world have you seen this sort of interaction before anything has been done. its a complete and utter shambles.  

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Oh the Royal Bar was all right and Jessy behind the bar kept a good pint. You may have a point with the 1066 though !

Wow, that brings back memories. used to go in there for a pie and a pint (or two) at lunchtimes and it was usually Jessie that was serving. That was late 60`s early 70`s.

6 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

MC tying himself in knots on twitter last night i see, changing his story again, what an absolute charlatan this man is.

He was replying to a faceless account called 'Lucifer' which had 4 followers. Totally normal behaviour for the (potential) owner of a football club 🙄

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Wow, that brings back memories. used to go in there for a pie and a pint (or two) at lunchtimes and it was usually Jessie that was serving. That was late 60`s early 70`s.

Always thought Hope Street to the game and walk along Meeks Road after was so apt for two streets outside a football stadium.

Royal Bar always had good banter with minimal bampots present.  Happy memories indeed.

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Oh the Royal Bar was all right and Jessy behind the bar kept a good pint. You may have a point with the 1066 though !

Suspect Number 7  may have been referring to something more exotic in the Royal Bar on a Sunday lunchtime ......

Edited by HonestAl

Guest Ecosse83

Holy moly just checked Campbell's twitter after deliberately not looking at it, what a bloody joke. Maybe sounds a bit daft but I had my suspicions about this guy after seeing him mince about hospitality on match day with jeans and trainers on (not exactly a professional look for a guy looking to buy the club). Now I'm reading him replying to random Joe's on twitter which again is far from professional.

Even if he has the funds for this he doesn't come across as serious enough to run a football club. Just get him in the fucking sea right now!!

56 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Holy moly just checked Campbell's twitter after deliberately not looking at it, what a bloody joke. Maybe sounds a bit daft but I had my suspicions about this guy after seeing him mince about hospitality on match day with jeans and trainers on (not exactly a professional look for a guy looking to buy the club). Now I'm reading him replying to random Joe's on twitter which again is far from professional.

Even if he has the funds for this he doesn't come across as serious enough to run a football club. Just get him in the fucking sea right now!!

Club are at fault for all of this, announcing the preferred bidder followed by Q&A at the south stand and all the Twitter stuff sprinkled on top.

Hilarious that a sizable number of our supporters were taking this guy seriously - and possibly still are. I’ve not viewed the Facebook page for a while but there’s probably still folk who think he’s serious.

What a bunch of dumbos. 😂

14 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Hilarious that a sizable number of our supporters were taking this guy seriously - and possibly still are. I’ve not viewed the Facebook page for a while but there’s probably still folk who think he’s serious.

What a bunch of dumbos. 😂

That description is every bit as applicable to those who have selected him as the preferred bidder. That's where the real focus and ire of the support should be directed. An astonishingly abysmal decision, when even the most rudimentary of background checks would have sent him packing. Took supporters about three hours to uncover serious doubts about this character. Seems they still haven't done so after three months. Or, more likely, they do not wish to admit to their  latest f***k-up, their biggest yet, and so will spin this out for a good while yet, with Campbell grateful for an extension to his fifteen minutes of fame. They'll eventually release a 2-line statement confirming it's off around 11 p.m. Xmas Eve. Beyond embarrassing. No more fit to be in charge of this club than Campbell.

It certainly seems like the mood has changed towards MC. Anything negative that was posted about him used to receive a tirade of abuse accusing said poster of having an agenda or in it for their own good.

The last couple of weeks however the mood certainly seems to have moved to not wanting this guy anywhere near the club from nearly everyone across all SM platforms.

Not really sure what has changed. I was pretty convinced early on something didn’t add up and as the weeks have gone on that conviction has got stronger.

We all want change and this guy came along and we all wanted to believe but most want the club to be safe than a train wreck it could turn into.

Surely it is time for us fans to turn up the pressure on the board to make the decision to tell MC he is not what this club needs to move it forward. Can we boycott all hospitality, buying merchandise etc whilst this nonsense rumbles on. We could put the money saved into a fund for buying a player/paying off a Manager!!

Surely it is time for us fans to turn up the pressure on the board to make the decision to tell MC he is not what this club needs to move it forward. Can we boycott all hospitality, buying merchandise etc whilst this nonsense rumbles on. We could put the money saved into a fund for buying a player/paying off a Manager!!

Great idea it would be a challenge but we the fans need to end this shambles organized demonstration needed pronto it’s time to get vocal !!

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on here as I can't really be arsed reading all the shite posted daily repeating the same stuff but in slightly different ways but I was sat next to SA and MR at Starks park as both were in the away end.

It seems they aren't really afraid of what folk think or will say to them and generally speaking neither would I be.

The all talk brigade is good for a laugh.

I will enjoy sitting with my child and watching whatever "protest" happens in the next 2 games.

£100 says I'm not impressed.

Edited by Gaz FFC

5 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'm not sure if it was mentioned on here as I can't really be arsed reading all the shite posted daily repeating the same stuff but in slightly different ways but I was sat next to SA and MR at Starks park.

It seems they aren't really afraid of what folk think or will say to them and generally speaking neither would I be.

The all talk brigade is good for a laugh.

I will enjoy sitting with my child and watching whatever "protest" happens in the next 2 games.

£100 says I'm not impressed.

I would have thought SA would have the best interests of the club at heart , or has that ship well & truly sailed?

8 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It certainly seems like the mood has changed towards MC. Anything negative that was posted about him used to receive a tirade of abuse accusing said poster of having an agenda or in it for their own good.

The last couple of weeks however the mood certainly seems to have moved to not wanting this guy anywhere near the club from nearly everyone across all SM platforms.

Not really sure what has changed. I was pretty convinced early on something didn’t add up and as the weeks have gone on that conviction has got stronger.

We all want change and this guy came along and we all wanted to believe but most want the club to be safe than a train wreck it could turn into.

Yes there was a lot of shouty people claiming he was the messiah , now strangely quiet or saying they are 'bored'.

What has changed is simply the time it has taken has led to fans getting frustrated, starting to doubt him, with massive holes & contradictions appearing in his story & the charm offensive is wearing real thin. If this had been concluded quickly there would be no such mood change, at this point.

As it is the mood has changed and now MC is also getting frustrated by all the doubters & uncomfortable questions , a rod he made for his own back by engaging everyone on Twitter.

His mask has slipped slightly in the last few days as he bites back.

I don't know if he is still going to be successful, if he is he will be under some amount of scrutiny from the start.

I have never trusted him and my only agenda is for us still to have a football club in 3 years time.   

I think there was initially about half dozen of us rightly sceptical of the whole thing I mean lets face it Anyone of us could have came out with his pitch (no pun intended) 

MSG: What’s your visions for the future

MC:  Establish the club as a Premiership club

Build a 4th stand

Restore the Academy

Return to grass pitch

BOD: Great we want you  as preferred bidder

Whether this was some great plan of theirs and they had an anterior motif or not whichever way you look at it they have excelled themselves this time as far as incompetence levels go and bad decisions.  If they really wanted out then they wouldn’t have mucked up the Scott Davidson bid or Gowsers one, if some wanted to stay then the BtB one was there was either way there was options that satisfied or would have satisfied either side complete buy out or stay on the board and have shares diluted.