The Falkirk FC Thread

Hi [mention=76966]Etherglider[/mention]

I work for the Falkirk Herald. This week we are going to run "Grown men fanny about briefly on anonymous football forum" on page 2
Can you DM me a comment please?

If it was the Falkirk Herald it would be a front page splash on BAIRNS FANS IN SONG PLAGIARISM SCANDAL!

7 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd agree with this, not that I think he's done a great job or anything but we have to have some sort of continuity and let the players gel. If this hasn't happened by January 1st I'd empty him.

Can't see us doing anything but keeping him as long as we're in touching distance of top spot tbh. 

Gel? Christ they've now played what 16 games together and train every day. If they haven't gelled by now they never will.

50 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

If it was the Falkirk Herald it would be a front page splash on BAIRNS FANS IN SONG PLAGIARISM SCANDAL!

Naturally, to hide the “Campbell takeover delayed on news of Russian bankruptcy!”, or some such fun note. As I asked before, has anyone on the BoD confirmed MC has passed the DD?

Gel? Christ they've now played what 16 games together and train every day. If they haven't gelled by now they never will.

After the Broadwood fiasco, McKinnon was pretty strong on the “we will get better and we will get stronger” tag line.

Not sure if he meant this season, but it definitely came across a a promise. Camera angle didn’t show his hands behind his back right enough, so he might yet claim he had fingers crossed, so it doesn’t really count.

7 hours ago, BudBairn said:

Listen, If we sack Ray who would we bring in??

I am not sure you’ll find a manager with a better record on LinkedIn.

#stickwithunbeatenrunray

Keep Ray until Jack Ross becomes available ……..which won't be too long now.

Hartley seems to be doing a good job in L2?

Other than Hartley allegedly being a horrible character, and using us for his catastrophic recruitment experiment, if gauged solely as football manager, it’s pretty safe to say that he is way better than McKinnon.
Then again, there’s not too many out there who I reckon are poorer than McKinnon.

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Its just my gut based on nothing more than if it was happening, why hasnt it happened already. The constant "couple of weeks away" updates etc.

I'm unsure if you are naive or inexperienced with lawyers, but delays in large purchases are common practice.  Things crop up, which then have to be investigated further.  Depending on who the lawyers are / paralegal staff, not all are the same.  Also, they do not only have one piece of work which they have to work on.  There could be twenty / thirty at any one time, so things can unfortunately slip through the net so to speak.

I presume it is probably the former in this case with the publicity behind this case.

Just my tuppence worth

24 minutes ago, Bairnschild said:

I'm unsure if you are naive or inexperienced with lawyers, but delays in large purchases are common practice.  Things crop up, which then have to be investigated further.  Depending on who the lawyers are / paralegal staff, not all are the same.  Also, they do not only have one piece of work which they have to work on.  There could be twenty / thirty at any one time, so things can unfortunately slip through the net so to speak.

I presume it is probably the former in this case with the publicity behind this case.

Just my tuppence worth

Are u logged in the wrong account m8?

Suppose I should be grateful not to have to read another one of your keyboard mashing rants about me in reply to a post....

Just my tuppence worth

Large purchase?

We are a tiny company.

Carillon were a company with Billions of contracts and complex debt structure and were bought in four weeks.

So let’s not kid ourselves on that Falkirk is some sort of complicated corporate animal

in case anyone is interested I've put this Brockville Hope Street terrace turnstile sign with original auction documentation from May 2003 on gumtree today. search Falkirk football club and you should find it. im having a massive football memorabilia clearout so if anyone is looking for programmes (all teams) give me a shout. cheers bofa bairn20190930_153438~2.jpeg

45 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

in case anyone is interested I've put this Brockville Hope Street terrace turnstile sign with original auction documentation from May 2003 on gumtree today. search Falkirk football club and you should find it. im having a massive football memorabilia clearout so if anyone is looking for programmes (all teams) give me a shout. cheers bofa bairn20190930_153438~2.jpeg

Chuck the club on it while your at it mate.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Are u logged in the wrong account m8?

Suppose I should be grateful not to have to read another one of your keyboard mashing rants about me in reply to a post....

And me also!  No, I only have this one account!

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Large purchase?

We are a tiny company.

Carillon were a company with Billions of contracts and complex debt structure and were bought in four weeks.

So let’s not kid ourselves on that Falkirk is some sort of complicated corporate animal

I would say it is a large purchase.  There are so many different things which lawyers have to look into.  Think about when you buy property with a freehold (Scotland).  That itself involves many checks.  Buying a football club in its complex nature will take even more longer.  Not everything is owned by the club, so you are including more complex issues.

MC is either a balloon, optimistic, or Mittyish when he foolishly said it would be completed end of August.

Not that I would have thought this long, but staff illness, holidays, poor man management from the paralegal staff in either or both lawyer offices can derail any timescale either parties expected.

I expect the sale to go through, but both sides have to be on the proactive with the lawyers.

FFC have remained quiet, which I think is right.  MC hasn't so everyone is hounding him on twitter, and receiving monotone automatic replies meaning nothing.