The Falkirk FC Thread

Well that was two points thrown away again.  If we were to win this league it will be by a few points only.    We have lost 11 points in the first 9 games, perhaps at least 8 of them needlessly. 

If this continues we cannot get promoted.  McKinnon needs to go NOW.  Every lame draw could mean the difference between promotion and another year in this league.   Replacing McKinnon is more urgent than replacing the board right now.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

I genuinely do not believe we will win this league at all. McKinnon has never won a championship, and I doubt that he ever will.

He is going to muddle along hoping not to lose, and simply does not do the things needed to win games. His tactical ineptness was there to all to see in the second half today.

The man simply doesn’t know what he is doing, and is just winging it from week to week.

Last season, he didn’t react to Alloa winning game after game, and just kept ploughing the same furrow. He is pretty close to indulging in self same nonsense this year.

I doubt that many supporters have any belief in him any more, and I would doubt that many of players are buying into his “style”.

Our club has been gently going backwards for a number of years as the joy of reaching 3 Scottish cup finals in 18 Golden years raised the hopes for a full generation of fans, who began to believe this was normal for a Bairn. The older generation obviously had seen different days but you can't blame anybody for dreaming and expectation levels to rise to a new level. However, the pain of 3 defeats in these finals, especially the ICT one, combined with the demise of Brockville which has been replaced with the lesser intimidating TFS and owners who have made bad decision after bad decision has ripped the heart from our club. All of these decisions and the appointment of a number of defensive minded managers have all added to the mess we have become. We can only hope that we can get out of this league at the first attempt, the MSG sell to the correct person/people and we begin to move forward and fulfill our potential. The positive is that the unbelievable  loyalty shown by Bairns fans gives us some hope for the future. Think it's time all fans pulled in the same direction and pray everything on and off the park works out for the best.

You were doing all right until the praying bit.

Time to empty and start again. 2 up at HT and should really have been 3 but squandered by a manager scared of his own shadow. Anyone watching knew that if Raith scored then we would be hanging on and in the end we were lucky to draw. What an off the line clearance by Doyle.

The manager is clueless I’m afraid - benefit of doubt long gone.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are going nowhere until they get rid of McKinnon. He is turning into yet another disastrous appointment. Tactically clueless, and (if there be such a thing) an absolute coward of a football manager.

His time is well and truly up.

His time was up in May but our rudderless ship will see him in place for month(s)

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

The first half showed the potential that Falkirk has, but something changed (besides Raith’s formation) for the second half. Tactics seemed abandoned, the rate of play of your midfield dropped way off, and we were right back in it. At the end, we were somewhat unlucky with the clearance off the line...which is crazy given the first half. As I’ve noted, with the bigger players being older on Falkirk, maybe it’s not just Ray and his idiot tactics and tricks, maybe there is a conditioning issue and Ray doesn’t know how to solve it with subs?

Your formation gave us all we needed to flatter us, 2nd half was the realistic picture 

9 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Decent manager would walk this league, we have had 2 good performances against dumbarton and Stranraer few decent spells against forfar and the first half today which wasn't even that great, yet we could of been top of the league tonight which shows how shit this league is

Dumbarton were horrific and so were Stranraer, looking good against horrific opposition isnt the key to being top dog in this league

I await his post match interview, see if I last more than 10 seconds before I shout fuk off and turn off

Ray" two week break, season starts in two weeks"

Edited by MrDust

Decent manager would walk this league, we have had 2 good performances against dumbarton and Stranraer few decent spells against forfar and the first half today which wasn't even that great, yet we could of been top of the league tonight which shows how shit this league is
Careful now mate. Posted similar in the match thread and was accused of "arse licking"* by Marshy who has once again turned into a right oddball over me for reasons I am yet to comprehend.

*despite the fact that could have easily finished top today is a fact not up for debate in the slightest

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We are going nowhere until they get rid of McKinnon. He is turning into yet another disastrous appointment. Tactically clueless, and (if there be such a thing) an absolute coward of a football manager.

His time is well and truly up.

Fair point but who do we get and would the come to the club ?

Falkirk had a hard won reputation that it was a good club to manage and the applications to manage the club showed that.

Youth academy.

Stood by their managers through tough times.

Did not hire and fire.

All gone and trashed and will take years to recover that reputation.

In hindsight we maybe should have stood by Houston and given him the funds Hartley and McKinnon have wasted.

To be fair to Housty he took us to play offs against clubs with more financial clout and a cup final, and my goodness they were teams that played to the last minute with spirit and fight.

When the squad needed rebuilding after losing the core of the team we got Harris and McKee and it ended in tears.

Mind you hindsight management is easy !

44 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Careful now mate. Posted similar in the match thread and was accused of "arse licking"* by Marshy who has once again turned into a right oddball over me for reasons I am yet to comprehend.

*despite the fact that could have easily finished top today is a fact not up for debate in the slightest

I worry a bit about Marshmallo.  He generally seems sensible enough, but is increasingly capable of going a little crazy, particularly in the wake of poor results.

Does he drink lots on match days, or just care a bit more than is good for him?

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I worry a bit about Marshmallo.  He generally seems sensible enough, but is increasingly capable of going a little crazy, particularly in the wake of poor results.

Does he drink lots on match days, or just care a bit more than is good for him?

I dont know. He is very strange towards me though and I am being genuine when I say I have no idea why. Probably a bit of trolling, f**k knows really. His outburst today is the strangest one yet though. Sure he'll sleep it off.