The Falkirk FC Thread

This thread is unreadable now. Match threads in this league are pretty dull (with the exception of the last two games and possibly Clyde). Gonna be a long season.
Think every week we should nominate 5 Bairns to act as away fans for the threads.

It’s actually frightening how many personal issues are aired between a lot of Falkirk fans on P&B.

Everyone claims to have the best interest of the club we love as their number 1 priority but can’t wait to insult a fellow fan.

Is this really what has become of our fan base ??

I don’t post nearly as much as I used to as I am totally disillusioned with what’s happening but seriously guys you need to stop the feuds and insults. It’s not good.

3 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

see Ross Wilson is being rumoured on the BBC to be moving from Southampton to become Rangers director of football.

always felt we should have been leveraging that relationship more for loanee Southampton youngsters

Be a shame if he joined one of the bigot bros.

It’s actually frightening how many personal issues are aired between a lot of Falkirk fans on P&B.
Everyone claims to have the best interest of the club we love as their number 1 priority but can’t wait to insult a fellow fan.
Is this really what has become of our fan base ??
I don’t post nearly as much as I used to as I am totally disillusioned with what’s happening but seriously guys you need to stop the feuds and insults. It’s not good.

Totally agree with your most recent post. Always enjoyed a wee P&B fix and there were/are some genuinely fantastic posters offering some excellent perspectives. Particularly round the end of the Houston era, I thought the discussions then were pretty robust but often thought provoking and always felt there was a sense of authenticity about them. Although I often didn’t necessarily agree with some things said, the debates were largely positive, humorous and never nasty.

Recently it has become almost unreadable as you have to wade through the utter garbage to stumble across the odd salient point or discussion.

For me this largely due to the number of trolls that have appeared and have amazingly been entertained and this has created a race to the bottom.

I’ve found myself being exacerbated by one or two of the better posters that have got caught up in bullshit and now I struggle to look beyond anything other than that.

A fresh start for me today, a new positive approach and ‘let’s make this thread great again!’

2 minutes ago, ANEWHOPE said:

Totally agree with your most recent post. Always enjoyed a wee P&B fix and there were/are some genuinely fantastic posters offering some excellent perspectives. Particularly round the end of the Houston era, I thought the discussions then were pretty robust but often thought provoking and always felt there was a sense of authenticity about them. Although I often didn’t necessarily agree with some things said, the debates were largely positive, humorous and never nasty.

Recently it has become almost unreadable as you have to wade through the utter garbage to stumble across the odd salient point or discussion.

For me this largely due to the number of trolls that have appeared and have amazingly been entertained and this has created a race to the bottom.

I’ve found myself being exacerbated by one or two of the better posters that have got caught up in bullshit and now I struggle to look beyond anything other than that.

A fresh start for me today, a new positive approach and ‘let’s make this thread great again!’

It doesnt help that we have been basically covering the same ground for the past 3 months.. sooner the ownership stuff comes to a head the better.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

see Ross Wilson is being rumoured on the BBC to be moving from Southampton to become Rangers director of football.

always felt we should have been leveraging that relationship more for loanee Southampton youngsters

At times Ross needed to be "egged on" to do stuff, after that things tended to be a "piece of cake"!!😉😂

RossW`s Birthday treat5.jpg

Edited by 60`s bairn

Our club has been gently going backwards for a number of years as the joy of reaching 3 Scottish cup finals in 18 Golden years raised the hopes for a full generation of fans, who began to believe this was normal for a Bairn. The older generation obviously had seen different days but you can't blame anybody for dreaming and expectation levels to rise to a new level. However, the pain of 3 defeats in these finals, especially the ICT one, combined with the demise of Brockville which has been replaced with the lesser intimidating TFS and owners who have made bad decision after bad decision has ripped the heart from our club. All of these decisions and the appointment of a number of defensive minded managers have all added to the mess we have become. We can only hope that we can get out of this league at the first attempt, the MSG sell to the correct person/people and we begin to move forward and fulfill our potential. The positive is that the unbelievable  loyalty shown by Bairns fans gives us some hope for the future. Think it's time all fans pulled in the same direction and pray everything on and off the park works out for the best.

We are going nowhere until they get rid of McKinnon. He is turning into yet another disastrous appointment. Tactically clueless, and (if there be such a thing) an absolute coward of a football manager.

His time is well and truly up.

The first half showed the potential that Falkirk has, but something changed (besides Raith’s formation) for the second half. Tactics seemed abandoned, the rate of play of your midfield dropped way off, and we were right back in it. At the end, we were somewhat unlucky with the clearance off the line...which is crazy given the first half. As I’ve noted, with the bigger players being older on Falkirk, maybe it’s not just Ray and his idiot tactics and tricks, maybe there is a conditioning issue and Ray doesn’t know how to solve it with subs?

I posted here a month ago that he would go for beating Stranraer, drawing with EF and drawing with RR as just dandy, and that’s exactly how it has planned out.

He will think it’s all great, and we now have firm foundation or a launching pad for the next round of games.

Sadly, we have probably the least effective manager in the this league, and his “scared of his own shadow” tactics have now been seen so many times, it’s no longer worthy of discussion.

He is the albatross round the club’s neck, but the BoD will carry on with their inane form of logic, and keep him in his job for a while longer.

The man would be out of his depth in a car park puddle.

We have won 4 out of 9 games in the seaside league, yet this doughball of a manager will spin it as being “on plan”.