The Falkirk FC Thread

I still find it difficult to understand why someone none of us had heard of a year ago and is not a Falkirk fan (he said he supports Man U) would want to put his own money into our club for absolutely no return.

He said he won't take a director's wage, every penny generated will be re-invested in the club and will spend big on the new 4th stand, the south stand, new pitch, academy, buying out the council etc. He's not in it for the money he says. 

He is even willing to relocate completely from the US to Edinburgh , away from his existing & soon to be launched businesses. 

Why? He does seem to be extremely benevolent for someone with no previous links with or love for FFC. 

Even Superfan didn't give us the South Stand for nothing.    

Style? Not really. Think they got off to a bad start and could have helped themselves with more transparency regarding their motivation for sudden desire to join in. Don’t think the penmanship reeks of the idiot that often frequents the thread but may be wrong. However the double standards from some is bonkers. Acting if they don’t have just as much of an agenda/axe to grind as anyone that’s been here for a while and to be clear, that’s what in my opinion been a major flaw in your recent posts, not that you’ll agree or care.

Not saying there is anything wrong with axe grinding but this holier than thou act from some is pretty galling.

I will freely admit to having an agenda over the current proprietors. In so far as I want them to f**k so far off and never return.

That said, there are fans on here who see it various different ways. I also have no issue with that and I like honest debate. Even heated debate. Me and MrDust disagreed about plenty yesterday but I dont think he should be banned or ridculed. His points come from an honest place.

This guy is pretty clearly the latest to come in here to pretend to be a fan and try to debate dishonestly using his "itk" bullshit he has been fed. As you know this thread has had more than its share of that shite. It doesn't really add to to expereince of coming on here and talking to other normal fans when you have navigate through that bollocks. Should be emptied for that reason IMO.

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I still find it difficult to understand why someone none of us had heard of a year ago and is not a Falkirk fan (he said he supports Man U) would want to put his own money into our club for absolutely no return.

He said he won't take a director's wage, every penny generated will be re-invested in the club and will spend big on the new 4th stand, the south stand, new pitch, academy, buying out the council etc. He's not in it for the money he says. 

He is even willing to relocate completely from the US to Edinburgh , away from his existing & soon to be launched businesses. 

Why? He does seem to be extremely benevolent for someone with no previous links with or love for FFC. 

Even Superfan didn't give us the South Stand for nothing.    

He says he is in it to make money, either through "real estate, football or transfers"

He says he is in it to make money, either through "real estate, football or transfers"

Well he’ll be the first to make money from Scottish football outside Celtic!
He doesn’t need to own the club to try and make money from commercial property he needs a brain and some experience (both missing )
Transfers is an interesting one and I suspect where mr Park thinks he can make himself some cash. Has dodgy written all over it!
Any businessman with half a brain would tell you there is NO repeat NO money to be made in fitba in Scotland . The MSG know this you should know this but you keep on supporting the MC might not be that bad a guy , give home a chance crew. As I said earlier you are a fanny with an agenda! Probably edi lex or one off their pals . Some advice forget posting your pish on here and Crawl back into your commitee room and work on the next club announcement which should read Falkirk have asked the preferred bidder M C to step down after serious concerns about his background brought to their attention by fans who care!

27 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Well he’ll be the first to make money from Scottish football outside Celtic!
He doesn’t need to own the club to try and make money from commercial property he needs a brain and some experience (both missing )
Transfers is an interesting one and I suspect where mr Park thinks he can make himself some cash. Has dodgy written all over it!
Any businessman with half a brain would tell you there is NO repeat NO money to be made in fitba in Scotland . The MSG know this you should know this but you keep on supporting the MC might not be that bad a guy , give home a chance crew. As I said earlier you are a fanny with an agenda! Probably edi lex or one off their pals . Some advice forget posting your pish on here and Crawl back into your commitee room and work on the next club announcement which should read Falkirk have asked the preferred bidder M C to step down after serious concerns about his background brought to their attention by fans who care!

Why are you such a moron?

I posted earlier that when asked by one of the BoD members what I would do I said I wouldn't sell to MC

I've also contacted MC directly asking what is in it for him, raising serious concerns regarding the bankruptcy notice, asked what assurances he can give that he wont lead us to ruin, stated that FFC is not a normal business, that it means a great deal to a number of people and that if things go tits up then there will be a lot of angry supporters looking for blood.

Apart from being a w****r on an internet forum, what have you done regarding this situation?

I don't know if MC is good or bad and let's face it. A lot of very successful businessmen have the odd company bankruptcy to their names and failed businesses. Would he be good for Falkirk? Question must be why? If you were a businessman from Falkirk and decided to buy Torquay would you really be that concerned if your gamble failed and the club folded? Why would MC? OF course he will want it to work as their is prime land and possible transfer money at stake but if he failed and sunk the club he would wash his hands and move on. We on the other hand would potentially lose a large part of our identities( well as a fan for 56 years it would certainly floor me)

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

A lot of very successful businessmen have the odd company bankruptcy to their names and failed businesses. 

What businesses has Mark Campbell run "very successfully"? I'll settle for one example.

3 hours ago, champions said:

Hmm....here he says the opposite.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fans-q-a-with-mark-campbell-as-it-happened-1-4973223

What's in it for you?

Fan; Do you plan to make money personally, or your own company?

MC: Neither, the money will be going back into Falkirk.

10 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Hmm....here he says the opposite.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fans-q-a-with-mark-campbell-as-it-happened-1-4973223

What's in it for you?

Fan; Do you plan to make money personally, or your own company?

MC: Neither, the money will be going back into Falkirk.

Agreed, he's changed his story.

I just copied and paste what he sent me.

Edited by champions

47 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Seriously, all this discontent must affect the players.

What an absolute car crash of " negotiations" .......fans must be totally scunnered !

We have the bus crash that is Ray McKinnon, that tops car

Why are you such a moron?
I posted earlier that when asked by one of the BoD members what I would do I said I wouldn't sell to MC
I've also contacted MC directly asking what is in it for him, raising serious concerns regarding the bankruptcy notice, asked what assurances he can give that he wont lead us to ruin, stated that FFC is not a normal business, that it means a great deal to a number of people and that if things go tits up then there will be a lot of angry supporters looking for blood.
Apart from being a w****r on an internet forum, what have you done regarding this situation?

It worries me that BOD members are asking you what to do! It’s also laughable that you think asking MC for assurances is of any value.What part of the guy is a total tosser don’t you get! He will tell you anything to get control.

16 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

It worries me that BOD members are asking you what to do! It’s also laughable that you think asking MC for assurances is of any value.What part of the guy is a total tosser don’t you get! He will tell you anything to get control.

From his lengthy message I took no assurances whatsoever!  The response relating to the bankruptcy was just odd as well.

You may think it's pointless raising anything with him, but at least I'm prepared to ask him outright about the concerns. As a supporter I've done as much as I can do for just now, which is a hell of a lot more than just sitting behind a computer and posting shite on a chat forum.