The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

Has anyone seen his business plan? Structure of his management team? Will any of the current board stay?

Which is exactly the point here. At this time, I fully understand those Falkirk fans who believe that MC’s business plan comprises of buying the oranges and reds, getting all four stations, building houses and then hotels, and waiting to win...

...mainly because that seems about his speed and reminds them of the money he has actually shown.

I don’t have any agenda, but its time some truths were told.

Since MC was announced as preferred bidder, we as fans have been drip fed story after story, nearly all of which can be traced back to BtB one way or another.

So let’s talk agendas...

Why wouldn't you want to know as much info on MC as possible?...good or bad any info fans produce should be considered no?

BTB are doing a lot of legwork and should be applauded for it IMO.

Also feel free to post sme good news stories on MC if u can find any.

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Time.

Time in which he delivers his "something for everyone promises" like buying the main stand from the council, restarting the academy, building a fourth stand and improving what we see at 1500 on a Saturday.

Time in which we see him putting in to the club rather than taking out.

Little things such as openness and honesty will help too. As will appointing board members whose background and integrity can't be questioned.

If he does that he'll be accepted.

UNTIL he does that there will always be doubts.  

The problem with that is that he'll then own the club. What can he do now, prior to completing the purchase, to show that his intentions are good?

3 minutes ago, champions said:

The problem with that is that he'll then own the club. What can he do now, prior to completing the purchase, to show that his intentions are good?

When will we find out exactly what he has purchased?  What parts of the ground will he have under his control?  Is it just what we own just now or will it be the south stand too? Has he made any effort so far to buy the main stand from the council? I presume the sale will still need passed at an EGM as currently one individual cant own more than 49 percent of the shares. 

34 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I have spoken to numerous people who are blissfully unaware of it all. And there are evidently many whose disdain for them didnt extend even as far as waiting out past the early bird discount. Thats really not up for debate.

So you will be able to come up with a percentage on your studies based on the numerous people you have spoken to ?

My figure of 100% wanted the MSG out and the only folk I have seen wanting them to stay are the madsters who appear here frequently..

The EGM created the situation to sell, the season renewals didn't matter a jot especially with Vaulks cash,I'd even bet a few of our players came in because of the decent numbers, which is why folk renew the season ticket and not to support the MSG.

Its a pity we have a manager who couldn't build a one tiered wall with Lego, nevermind a squad with the biggest budget. The limbo situation with ownership will see him remain for months now also

14 minutes ago, MrDust said:

So you will be able to come up with a percentage on your studies based on the numerous people you have spoken to ?

My figure of 100% wanted the MSG out and the only folk I have seen wanting them to stay are the madsters who appear here frequently..

The EGM created the situation to sell, the season renewals didn't matter a jot especially with Vaulks cash,I'd even bet a few of our players came in because of the decent numbers, which is why folk renew the season ticket and not to support the MSG.

Its a pity we have a manager who couldn't build a one tiered wall with Lego, nevermind a squad with the biggest budget. The limbo situation with ownership will see him remain for months now also

Of the people I know 60% renewed, 30% didnt renew but patg, the remainder refuse to renew or attend.

However all of them want new ownership.  Those who did renew believe their money is going towards the team and ultimately they want the team to succeed.

27 minutes ago, champions said:

Nothing. 

All he can do just now is talk. Words are meaningless unless you trust a person enough to be certain that they'll turn words into action. 

And as none of us know MC then he starts out with no trust. And least from the  cynical like myself.

He'll have plenty of opportunity to earn that trust after he gets control.  

Struggling with how that is relevant to the initial point I made tbh

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
37 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Struggling with how that is relevant to the initial point I made tbh

You are pointing a finger at the season ticket renewals, so it would be interesting to back it up with the numbers you are pointing the fingers at.

If you cant produce some sort of figure, then fine but it will be surely be because you are pointing the finger at a tiny portion of our support/madsters who were for the MSG to remain

1 minute ago, MrDust said:

You are pointing a finger at the season ticket renewals, so it would be interesting to back it up with the numbers you are pointing the fingers at.

If you cant produce some sort of figure, then fine but it will be surely be because you are pointing the finger at a tiny portion of our support/madsters who were for the MSG to remain

No I am not. I mentioned them, then evidently you are getting defensive over it. My point, in response  to BPM, is that our fanbase is split into factions. It was before the MC stuff and is even more so now are there is another line in the mix to stand either side of (the credibility of Mark Campbell) which IMO makes any possibilitiy of effective fan action even less than it was before. 

Not for the first time, I have no fucking idea what you are on about in response, but you certainly haven't made any response to the above. So you can whine about what I said about season ticket buyers all you want. Its no more than a minor side point to what I was actually talking about. 

3 hours ago, Fourthstand1876 said:

I don’t have any agenda, but its time some truths were told.

Since MC was announced as preferred bidder, we as fans have been drip fed story after story, nearly all of which can be traced back to BtB one way or another.

So let’s talk agendas...

Wow , is this the same guy who 5 mins ago was meekly saying  Hi guys I'm new on here , only know what I have read on here so don't give me a hard time, with some MC twitter-like "LOL".

How quickly did that mask slip.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure you can square that sentiment with over 2000 st renewals

blame pointed to the 2000+

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

No I am not. I mentioned them, then evidently you are getting defensive over it. My point, in response  to BPM, is that our fanbase is split into factions. It was before the MC stuff and is even more so now are there is another line in the mix to stand either side of (the credibility of Mark Campbell) which IMO makes any possibilitiy of effective fan action even less than it was before. 

Not for the first time, I have no fucking idea what you are on about in response, but you certainly haven't made any response to the above. So you can whine about what I said about season ticket buyers all you want. Its no more than a minor side point to what I was actually talking about. 

Im not getting defensive at all, you are going on about blame towards season ticket renewals and wont give out your workings as a  percentage of the 2000+ who were for the MSG to remain.

If you are concerned about the split between our support, Id stop bleating on about blame to the 2000+ season ticket renewals, this is where the split started  and not at the support of the MSG.

Once again the EGM was the trigger that pushed the MSG to sell up, the season tickets were selling well enough pre to the EGM, so basing an debate that non renewals would've shifted them quicker is pointless as its clear to see the EGM is what pushed the buttons

Edited by MrDust

Im not getting defensive at all, you are going on about blame towards season ticket renewals and wont give out your workings as a  percentage of the 2000+ who were for the MSG to remain.
If you are concerned about the split between our support, Id stop bleating on about blame to the 2000+ season ticket renewals, this is where the split started  and not at the support of the MSG.
Once again the EGM was the trigger that pushed the MSG to sell up, the season tickets were selling well enough pre to the EGM, so basing an debate that non renewals would've shifted them quicker is pointless as its clear to see the EGM is what pushed the buttons

You are getting defensive. I havent blamed anyone for anything. Despite hounding me for percentages I can clearly never give, you have been spouting pish about what the "mass opinion" was. How about you give me some percentages?

Once again, I never blamed anyone for anything. You said the mass opinion was very much MSG GTF. I said that you cant really square that with very strong season ticket sales. That is a self evident point, and would be, even in the absence of attmepted boycotts etc. But since there were boycotts, and as customers whose only recourse against proprietors is to withdraw custom, the fact that there were so many renewals flies in the face of your sans-evidence claims about mass opinion.

But even taking all that into account, it is still irrelevant to my point, which is still as valid as when I made it, that our fanbase is split in factions sufficiently, and is only getting more so, that its nigh on impossible for the fans to do anything about the planned sale to MC.

That was the point I made. You then came steaming in looking for statistics, despite making similar claims yourself and being unable to back them up with statistics.

Two things.

1. We are not living inside a John le Carre novel. All the people who think this is some sort of elaborate plot by the MSG to use MC as a gimp so they can be seen as saviours of the club when they tell him to feck off are wholly deluded. 

2. Just my opinion, but surely if MC had the money the deal would have been done by now?

The MSG are digging a bigger hole for themselves by not drawing a line in the sand for MC to pay up or feck off.

Just now, BairnBrainBrian said:

1. We are not living inside a John le Carre novel. All the people who think this is some sort of elaborate plot by the MSG to use MC as a gimp so they can be seen as saviours of the club when they tell him to feck off are wholly deluded.

If it's a choice between Machiavellian scheming and general incompetence, incompetence is always the safer bet.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Time.

Time in which he delivers his "something for everyone promises" like buying the main stand from the council, restarting the academy, building a fourth stand and improving what we see at 1500 on a Saturday.

Time in which we see him putting in to the club rather than taking out.

Little things such as openness and honesty will help too. As will appointing board members whose background and integrity can't be questioned.

If he does that he'll be accepted.

UNTIL he does that there will always be doubts.  

Has someone hacked your account BB?  Do you now genuinely want MC to take over the club with at least 62% of shares & give him time?

Did you not say something like if he f*cks us up, he will retreat to the US (on his visitors visa) & ignore all the flak - and there is nothing us fans can do. 

If he does attempt to deliver all of those  promises once he has control - we will know we are on the road to ruin. 

He has shown no "'openness & honestly"  thus far - quite the opposite. 

By the time he gets the keys it's already too late.

Time , hopefully he will be doing time if that girl in the US wins her case.

5 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Has someone hacked your account BB?  Do you now genuinely want MC to take over the club with at least 62% of shares & give him time?

No to both questions.

I'm not advocating for him; I simply answered the query as to what he would have to do to prove himself.

57 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Wow , is this the same guy who 5 mins ago was meekly saying  Hi guys I'm new on here , only know what I have read on here so don't give me a hard time, with some MC twitter-like "LOL".

How quickly did that mask slip.

My ignore list is getting longer by the day.

24 minutes ago, BairnBrainBrian said:

Two things.

2. Just my opinion, but surely if MC had the money the deal would have been done by now?

The MSG are digging a bigger hole for themselves by not drawing a line in the sand for MC to pay up or feck off.

I am beginning to wonder if some of the current MSG namely SA want to stay in some capacity with some of their shares, MC is on record of saying it's a clean sweep.

There is obviously something slowing down the deal

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You are getting defensive. I havent blamed anyone for anything. Despite hounding me for percentages I can clearly never give, you have been spouting pish about what the "mass opinion" was. How about you give me some percentages?

Once again, I never blamed anyone for anything. You said the mass opinion was very much MSG GTF. I said that you cant really square that with very strong season ticket sales. That is a self evident point, and would be, even in the absence of attmepted boycotts etc. But since there were boycotts, and as customers whose only recourse against proprietors is to withdraw custom, the fact that there were so many renewals flies in the face of your sans-evidence claims about mass opinion.

But even taking all that into account, it is still irrelevant to my point, which is still as valid as when I made it, that our fanbase is split in factions sufficiently, and is only getting more so, that its nigh on impossible for the fans to do anything about the planned sale to MC.

That was the point I made. You then came steaming in looking for statistics, despite making similar claims yourself and being unable to back them up with statistics.

I did give you my figure, 100% of the season ticket renewals I knew of wanted the MSG to GTF, yet you suggested you spoke to a circle of folk who were in both camps and cant give even a rough figure.

Why remove this ? Your previous quote if you aren't blaming anyone ?

"Not sure you can square that sentiment with over 2000 st renewals"