The Falkirk FC Thread

5 mins to take over a business?  has that ever happened? he may be the real deal or he may be a charlatan, really don't think you know enough to make the call, and I don't either.  if anythings certain now then its the fact that KJ and the btb mob have came out of it all looking ropey at best. I for one am delighted that the btb bid has failed, credibility has went right out the window and im pretty certain a lot of their backing has too. we all want the best for the club, and we all know we need change. time to take a gamble? for me yes. MC wont kill the club, may well be the best thing we could of hoped for, or may be a chancer, wont kill the club tho and where we are now imo hes worth a punt. from what I hear its 99% done anyway

I was saying 5 minutes as a figure of speech. Bearing in mind this “group” and we only know John Park maybe part of it and that he has denied publicly that Guy Bell and Stevie McBride are not involved (frankly anyone believing that is more gullible than most) have been speaking to the MSG/BoD since April.

I absolutely know enough about him to make a call he his not worth a punt. I wouldn’t trust this guy with a Jacobs club far less our football club. His business track record speaks for itself and I believe there is more on that front that is to come out yet.

BtB ship has sailed. In hindsight the MSG were never selling to them. The model IMO was good as it spread the burden to 40/50 people if there were financial problems. But as clearly you can only focus on personalities let’s leave it at that.

Thank goodness however there are still some people around the club who care about its long term future rather than those who want to get a quick narcotics rush and be damned with consequences.

7 hours ago, muppetshow said:

5 mins to take over a business?  has that ever happened? he may be the real deal or he may be a charlatan, really don't think you know enough to make the call, and I don't either.  if anythings certain now then its the fact that KJ and the btb mob have came out of it all looking ropey at best. I for one am delighted that the btb bid has failed, credibility has went right out the window and im pretty certain a lot of their backing has too. we all want the best for the club, and we all know we need change. time to take a gamble? for me yes. MC wont kill the club, may well be the best thing we could of hoped for, or may be a chancer, wont kill the club tho and where we are now imo hes worth a punt. from what I hear its 99% done anyway

Unbelievable.  You will fully deserve what happens if this goes as badly as it really might. 

I genuinely feel sorry for the Falkirk fans (and in fairness there are plenty on here) who possess the capacity for actual thought.

Time to take a gamble !!!

Not a chance, if this guy is not 100% the real deal then no way should our board/msg be doing any sort of gamble on the future of our club.

I also disagree with your comments about Kenny and the btb bid. For me all they have done is raised concern with regards to the MC bid, as to whether he is a genuine person and has the financial backing to complete the deal. I obviously cannot speak for others involved but they would still have my backing and financial support.

13 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No idea but I find it astonishing that the MSG/BOD have a track record of make awful calls for nearly all their 21 years in charge and now people seem to trust they have this one right.

Anyone but the MSG is not the answer to our club’s problems IMO selling to some outsider with a dreadful business track record who seems slippier that a fish taking over when no one knows him from Adam.

IMO if this guy was the real deal and able to do what he says he can do the deal would have been done in 5 minutes. It is taking so long because he isn’t able to provide the detail the Board want immediately and the MSG are trying to tie the guy down to things post the deal to somehow protect the club.

Set aside the BtB deal for a minute they turned away someone who you could see instantly what he was about and also a former player who was planning to invest decent amounts and the club knew exactly the people involved.

There is something about this MC deal that we are not being told IMO.

All far too shady for me.

My view is they have dealings hidden in the background that if they ever came to light would show how f**ked up and clueless they are/were.  Way I see it if/when it comes to light who would you believe former player or a shadier than shady thing that's just been told your shady.  That would be the reason i reckon they want MC as preferred bidder either that they were/are expecting us to run away with this league and hoping it reverses the fans opinion of them knowing fine well MC won't pass due diligence (in this case that plan has backfired spectacularly like all the rest of their ideas).

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Add Yogi to that list, an absolute colossus for us in a defence that was feared in the SPL during arguably our most successful & certainly enjoyable period.

Now a figure of much derision by many on here and across the greater fanbase due to how his managerial stint ended.

That's fair ! Would include Yogi in the list plus he did pretty well for us in the dugout and behind the scenes with youth getting a chance. Remember may opposition teams fans saying to me in the pub afterwords ' Falkirk were the best footballing side they had seen that season ' But and its a big but some also said with no end result !

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's fair ! Would include Yogi in the list plus he did pretty well for us in the dugout and behind the scenes with youth getting a chance. Remember may opposition teams fans saying to me in the pub afterwords ' Falkirk were the best footballing side they had seen that season ' But and its a big but some also said with no end result !

Certainly as a player and for his first few seasons as a manager. Had some major flaws in the dugout but did  a decent job when he had his feet firmly on the ground . As soon as the delusions of grandeur took over though he turned into a complete feckwit and behaved like a wean at the finish.  Same problems arose at the end of his tenure at ICT and his disastrous time at Raith.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

My view is they have dealings hidden in the background that if they ever came to light would show how f**ked up and clueless they are/were.  Way I see it if/when it comes to light who would you believe former player or a shadier than shady thing that's just been told your shady.  That would be the reason i reckon they want MC as preferred bidder either that they were/are expecting us to run away with this league and hoping it reverses the fans opinion of them knowing fine well MC won't pass due diligence (in this case that plan has backfired spectacularly like all the rest of their ideas).

I wouldnt believe a former player any more than a shadier than shady thing to be honest. Would you have been happy for Alan Mackin to take us over. He's an exe player?  The only bid you could rely on was the fans bid you're taking a gamble with any of the others.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

My opinion of Yogi has mellowed considerably over the years but I still do firmly believe that the success we achieved under him was, in good part, in spite of him rather than because of him.

32 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I wouldnt believe a former player any more than a shadier than shady thing to be honest. Would you have been happy for Alan Mackin to take us over. He's an exe player?  The only bid you could rely on was the fans bid you're taking a gamble with any of the others.

Alan Mackin gladly f**ked the Shire over he knew how much that land was worth, in all honesty i wouldnt expect Gowser to try and f**k us over. The BtB was only a dilution of the MSG shares it wasnt a take over but we would have had a say with a couple of fans on the board, though would any of the MSG have taken any notice is a different matter mind you. 

Any bid was going to go with a risk why they opted for the dodgiest one out them all is beyond me though (Is John Park still involved or going to be or has he done a runner).

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Alan Mackin gladly f**ked the Shire over he knew how much that land was worth, in all honesty i wouldnt expect Gowser to try and f**k us over. The BtB was only a dilution of the MSG shares it wasnt a take over but we would have had a say with a couple of fans on the board, though would any of the MSG have taken any notice is a different matter mind you. 

Any bid was going to go with a risk why they opted for the dodgiest one out them all is beyond me though (Is John Park still involved or going to be or has he done a runner).

There was also a fans bid to takeover the club but they pulled out due to the pissing about by the bod. Why wouldn't you expect gowser to feck us over. Guy was a half decent player for us for two seasons before buggering off to sevco leaving us with hee haw. Apart from that I know absolutely nothing about the guy or his backers. I'd just be as concerned re his bid as the MC one.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There was also a fans bid to takeover the club but they pulled out due to the pissing about by the bod. Why wouldn't you expect gowser to feck us over. Guy was a half decent player for us for two seasons before buggering off to sevco leaving us with hee haw. Apart from that I know absolutely nothing about the guy or his backers. I'd just be as concerned re his bid as the MC one.

Its more the fact Gowser hasnt had a string of failed businesses following him and a string of businesses to do with sport management register the day MC declared his interest in us not to mention hasnt f**ked a pub landlady over for cash, some dodgy taxi firm  and a hairdressers.

The MC bid has warning signs and bells all over it yet for some reason our illustrious leaders in the MSG think he's the pick of the bunch even without hearing the others out.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

A couple of funny observations from MC's Twitter mayhem;

1. He's actually replying to someone called Willy Stroker (@BoabyTaster)

2. The guy that won the Keane tickets didnae want them .

I really hope he keeps this Twitter stuff going after he takes over.

Think some roaster that wanted a James tribute band booked at the TFS was onto him a while back think that was along the same time Redding golf club want him to put a bit cash into them as well.

9 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Its more the fact Gowser hasnt had a string of failed businesses following him and a string of businesses to do with sport management register the day MC declared his interest in us not to mention hasnt f**ked a pub landlady over for cash, some dodgy taxi firm  and a hairdressers.

The MC bid has warning signs and bells all over it yet for some reason our illustrious leaders in the MSG think he's the pick of the bunch even without hearing the others out.

1. Did he really shaft a landlady, and if so did she ever take him to Court?

2. In what way was the taxi business dodgy?

3. What happened with the hairdressers?

Fellow Bairns, I'm thinking about selling my Brockville Hope Street Turnstyle sign. Where's the best place to advertise it? On here? I bought it for £170 at the Brockville auction in May 2003 and have all the paperwork. thanks.1970332548_20190930_1534382.thumb.jpeg.ef6980e417a1120e967caa0dd9eee6bd.jpeg755698947_20190930_1535412.jpeg.f69acd732311a24dd17814ab8d620962.jpeg

There is a ffc memroblia selling site on Facebook

I know that Alan Gow revealed all the people he wanted involved to the BOD/MSG during his presentation.

On the other hand we have MC saying he can’t reveal some of them on twitter