The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Think we are close to the stage where a line needs drawn and we back the guy and his plans.

If the MSG/Board are being 100% honest with him, as recent as the last 48hrs, then this deal is almost complete and only the legal side of his & the clubs terms are being finalised. All shareholders are being written to apparently with regards the sale. 6-8 weeks to go is the timeline mentioned yesterday as 30 days notice is given to shareholders. He also said that a deal is close for the SS with Sandy Alexander.

We really need the in-fighting between the fans and silly comments to be done with. Some of the tit for tat comments here & on that FB page are brutal.

We all care about the club and it’s future, even the majority of the MSG/Board and they need to look at us and themselves in the future if this were to all go belly up.

McKinnon's heart was at Tannadice and he cares F all about teams like Falkirk,  Morton and Raith. He cares only about No 1

McKinnon's heart was at Tannadice and he cares F all about teams like Falkirk,  Morton and Raith. He cares only about No 1

I didn’t mention McKinnon. Sooner he’s emptied the better and I’m sure he will be.

I was talking about the likely new owner coming in & the current in-fighting.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Think we are close to the stage where a line needs drawn and we back Mark Campbell and his plans.

If the MSG/Board are being 100% honest with him, as recent as the last 48hrs, then this deal is almost complete and only the legal side of his & the clubs terms are being finalised. All shareholders are being written to apparently with regards the sale. 6-8 weeks to go is the timeline mentioned yesterday as 30 days notice is given to shareholders. He also said that a deal is close for the SS with Sandy Alexander.

We really need the in-fighting between the fans and silly comments to be done with. Some of the tit for tat comments here & on that FB page are brutal.

We all care about the club and it’s future, even the majority of the MSG/Board and they need to look at us and themselves in the future if this were to all go belly up.

Your deluding yourself, mate. There isn’t a team out there without some fans always discontented about the team, the staff, the Coach or the Board. It’s simply a wee bit more omnipresent when a possible transition is occurring. You think this is brutal, wait till whomever the new owner eventually is changes something a pretty good sized group of fan cherish...

Your deluding yourself, mate. There isn’t a team out there without some fans always discontented about the team, the staff, the Coach or the Board. It’s simply a wee bit more omnipresent when a possible transition is occurring. You think this is brutal, wait till whomever the new owner eventually is changes something a pretty good sized group of fan cherish...

It’s far from deluded to expect after 8 weeks & several communications from the club that we start to get on board with their preferred choice. The in-fighting isn’t going to change the fact he’s been given the go ahead to take the club on.

Of course, things may not always go well during his tenure (assuming it goes through) however things haven’t always went well during the current boards tenure either. Highs, lows and even further lows. We’ve had financial disasters avoided through some lucky situations that can never be planned for, by anyone.

Will I remain cautious? Absolutely, but no more than I have been under the present owners at times.

15 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree. Think a high tempo, high pressing game would work to the advantages Falkirk should have. Go all out at the opposition from kick off getting them into their own box in the first minute, corners, shots on target, desperate clearances all opposition players back and boss the game from there. Keep that up and it will find out the fitness of the part time players as the game on.

Our fitness is poor to apply a high pressing game we would be out on our arse after 30 mins !!  A good few of our games would have a neutral struggling to pick who the full time team is

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Think we are close to the stage where a line needs drawn and we back Mark Campbell and his plans.

Apart from applying serious boycotts or threats, then Campbell does appear to be our new owner, the sad part is the longer the takeover goes on means the longer McKinnon gets to stay. The current board wont empty him and Campbell surely wont do so straight away. We could be a fair distance of top spot by then and a new manager will take time to settle in.

Yet we have Ray suggesting all is going to plan

It’s far from deluded to expect after 8 weeks & several communications from the club that we start to get on board with their preferred choice. The in-fighting isn’t going to change the fact he’s been given the go ahead to take the club on.

Of course, things may not always go well during his tenure (assuming it goes through) however things haven’t always went well during the current boards tenure either. Highs, lows and even further lows. We’ve had financial disasters avoided through some lucky situations that can never be planned for, by anyone.

Will I remain cautious? Absolutely, but no more than I have been under the present owners at times.

So you will cautiously back him? Frankly, I don’t exactly understand what giving him my backing actually means.

They have my ST money. That’s what they’ve always got from me. How do I back MC, and more importantly, what has he done that is worthy of being backed (whatever backing him means).

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Yes I agree , he was an excellent player for us , one of my favs at the time.

And he was doing really well with the youth at FFC.

He was really lost as our manager though.

I really hate it when ex players become the manager - it always tarnishes their legacy. I hope we never see Stainrod or Latapy in charge , I'm hoping none of the MC twitter cult mention this seeing as how keane MC is to please the punters (well just now anyway).   

You make a good point about an ex player tarnishing his career with the club by managing them. There are 3 that come to mind.

John Prentice Captain of the 57 Cup winning team.

George Miller Great captain and leader on the park and the best left foot I have seen in a Falkirk jersey.

Peter Houston the Ginger god. Did that guy not give everything when he pulled on our jersey. There are not many players get substituted for not playing well. But the worse he played the harder he tried and got standing ovations for it.

Great players that should be remembered for what they did on the pitch not the dugout. So very sad !

Edited by HopeStreetWalker

So you will cautiously back him? Frankly, I don’t exactly understand what giving him my backing actually means.

They have my ST money. That’s what they’ve always got from me. How do I back MC, and more importantly, what has he done that is worthy of being backed (whatever backing him means).

Back, get on board with, accept it, give it a chance. Take your pick. I’m sure you knew what I meant?

If, and it’s still an if, the board are being up front & honest with the fans and indeed the new proposed owner, then we need to trust that they, as Falkirk supporters (bar 2 of them) are doing the right thing.

They all need to show their faces in the town & stadium again so would you take a punt on a dodgy buyer? Not sure I would.

I had zero confidence in them leading us to a brighter future under their stewardship but I certainly have confidence in them as Falkirk supporters & for at least Sandy and Martin, as successful businessmen who have concluded bigger deals than this.

I won’t be backing any plans from someone I don’t trust.

I won’t be backing any plans from someone I don’t trust.

Which is fair enough mate, up to everyone to choose how they follow/support the club now and in the future. But you must agree the in-fighting & name calling does no good at all. Especially when none of us can control how this goes?

If this guy is not who he says he is then why are the MSG/BOD continuing with this to this length?

Which is fair enough mate, up to everyone to choose how they follow/support the club now and in the future. But you must agree the in-fighting & name calling does no good at all. Especially when none of us can control how this goes?

If this guy is not who he says he is then why are the MSG/BOD continuing with this to this length?

No idea but I find it astonishing that the MSG/BOD have a track record of make awful calls for nearly all their 21 years in charge and now people seem to trust they have this one right.

Anyone but the MSG is not the answer to our club’s problems IMO selling to some outsider with a dreadful business track record who seems slippier that a fish taking over when no one knows him from Adam.

IMO if this guy was the real deal and able to do what he says he can do the deal would have been done in 5 minutes. It is taking so long because he isn’t able to provide the detail the Board want immediately and the MSG are trying to tie the guy down to things post the deal to somehow protect the club.

Set aside the BtB deal for a minute they turned away someone who you could see instantly what he was about and also a former player who was planning to invest decent amounts and the club knew exactly the people involved.

There is something about this MC deal that we are not being told IMO.

All far too shady for me.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Who's fault is that ? Certainly not the supporters. Campbell was named as the preferred bidder nine weeks ago last Friday. Between then and now I have yet to see a shred of evidence, something, one thing, anything at all in this guy's track record, CV, background, business career (ha) that makes me think "Yep, he's the man to take the club forward". The very opposite unfortunately. It's pure blind faith and hope-for-the-best territory. Who is he? What exactly does he want with a third-tier football club? What are these "plans"? Who else is in this with him? What are their backgrounds? How about the current mob emerge from the bunker and put some meat on the bones? How about they explain why they are "continuing to this length" when there are warning signals flashing left, right and centre? Nope, they'll continue to treat us like idiots to the bitter end.

The summer was the opportune moment for a reset. They should have either followed through on the share purchase scheme or sold the majority shareholding to one of the other, eminently more credible bids made. They've wasted it, as usual. Fudged, procrastinated, delayed, stuck their head in the sand, kicked the can down the road, and here we are in October, being asked to close our eyes and take a  massive, gigantic, blind of faith in relation to the whole future of the club. Weeks after Bury have gone and Bolton escaped death by the skin of their teeth. No thank you.

Our club is in the most dangerous situation with this guy IMO. None of us know what he’s up to and our MSG are not to be trusted with doing the right thing. More questions than answers and as someone previously said it’s been nine weeks. Realistically why would anyone apart from a fan want to buy our club? 

Sorry but I’m not jumping on the MC fan club. I’ve yet to see one positive thing written about this guy anywhere. Not one thing have  I seen saying he’s a good guy or he’s loaded etc. Everything written is negative from people that previously got into business with him or his staff taking him to court for sexual harassment. Fcuking hell, does that not scare the life out of you?

It does me.

22 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Our club is in the most dangerous situation with this guy IMO. None of us know what he’s up to and our MSG are not to be trusted with doing the right thing. More questions than answers and as someone previously said it’s been nine weeks. Realistically why would anyone apart from a fan want to buy our club? 

Sorry but I’m not jumping on the MC fan club. I’ve yet to see one positive thing written about this guy anywhere. Not one thing have  I seen saying he’s a good guy or he’s loaded etc. Everything written is negative from people that previously got into business with him or his staff taking him to court for sexual harassment. Fcuking hell, does that not scare the life out of you?

It does me.

Apart from the twitter fluffers who want to be friends with a celebrity I don't think many folk are comfortable with this.

Unfortunately it doesn't matter. He wouldn't have been allowed to stand in the tunnel area kissing Jean in the lead up to kickoff yesterday if this was likely to fail. And his latest tweets seem to confirm that it's now a certainty to happen.

There's nothing the ordinary fans can do now but wait, watch and pray. Pray hard.

The demos at the end of last season were the final nail in the coffin that convinced the MSG to sell.  If this guy turns out dodgy then demos and boycotts will be futile. He'll just return to the states and do whatever he wants without any fear of repercussions.

I hope that all  of us doubters will be proven wrong and that five years from now we'll all be typing retractions, apologies and thanking him  for deliverance.

5 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You make a good point about an ex player tarnishing his career with the club by managing them. There are 3 that come to mind.

John Prentice Captain of the 57 Cup winning team.

George Miller Great captain and leader on the park and the best left foot I have seen in a Falkirk jersey.

Peter Houston the Ginger god. Did that guy not give everything when he pulled on our jersey. There are not many players get substituted for not playing well. But the worse he played the harder he tried and got standing ovations for it.

Great players that should be remembered for what they did on the pitch not the dugout. So very sad !

Add Yogi to that list, an absolute colossus for us in a defence that was feared in the SPL during arguably our most successful & certainly enjoyable period.

Now a figure of much derision by many on here and across the greater fanbase due to how his managerial stint ended.

Add Yogi to that list, an absolute colossus for us in a defence that was feared in the SPL during arguably our most successful & certainly enjoyable period.
Now a figure of much derision by many on here and across the greater fanbase due to how his managerial stint ended.
Difference being Yogi should be remembered for his work on the pitch and in the dugout. Most successful manager in my time watching the club.

30 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
58 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Difference being Yogi should be remembered for his work on the pitch and in the dugout. Most successful manager in my time watching the club.

It was more the state Yogi left the club, massive divide between fans, players management. It wasn't helped with the fans group letter to the board during that season but the facts were the fans group view wasn't that of the majority of the fans.

It took us 2 seasons to get that gap between players and fans back again.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No idea but I find it astonishing that the MSG/BOD have a track record of make awful calls for nearly all their 21 years in charge and now people seem to trust they have this one right.

Anyone but the MSG is not the answer to our club’s problems IMO selling to some outsider with a dreadful business track record who seems slippier that a fish taking over when no one knows him from Adam.

IMO if this guy was the real deal and able to do what he says he can do the deal would have been done in 5 minutes. It is taking so long because he isn’t able to provide the detail the Board want immediately and the MSG are trying to tie the guy down to things post the deal to somehow protect the club.

Set aside the BtB deal for a minute they turned away someone who you could see instantly what he was about and also a former player who was planning to invest decent amounts and the club knew exactly the people involved.

There is something about this MC deal that we are not being told IMO.

All far too shady for me.

5 mins to take over a business?  has that ever happened? he may be the real deal or he may be a charlatan, really don't think you know enough to make the call, and I don't either.  if anythings certain now then its the fact that KJ and the btb mob have came out of it all looking ropey at best. I for one am delighted that the btb bid has failed, credibility has went right out the window and im pretty certain a lot of their backing has too. we all want the best for the club, and we all know we need change. time to take a gamble? for me yes. MC wont kill the club, may well be the best thing we could of hoped for, or may be a chancer, wont kill the club tho and where we are now imo hes worth a punt. from what I hear its 99% done anyway

5 mins to take over a business?  has that ever happened? he may be the real deal or he may be a charlatan, really don't think you know enough to make the call, and I don't either.  if anythings certain now then its the fact that KJ and the btb mob have came out of it all looking ropey at best. I for one am delighted that the btb bid has failed, credibility has went right out the window and im pretty certain a lot of their backing has too. we all want the best for the club, and we all know we need change. time to take a gamble? for me yes. MC wont kill the club, may well be the best thing we could of hoped for, or may be a chancer, wont kill the club tho and where we are now imo hes worth a punt. from what I hear its 99% done anyway

Is this Falkirk’s version of Chemical Ali? BtBs credibility is what.....lower than MCs? Someone paying you to write stuff like this?

Time to take a gamble.....he’s worth a punt. Based on what??? Ffs.

If you don’t know enough to make a call, then why the f**k are you making one?

13 minutes ago, muppetshow said:

I'm interested to know how you are so sure "MC won't kill the club"? Are you a time traveller?

You do know he has a history of liquidating his companies BTW, pretty much the only facts we know about him.