The Falkirk FC Thread

I’d agree, I think Ray should be given time, win us the league then be moved on. Hopefully MC and John Park will have this sort of thing in mind. When does his contract run out?
This season is one to do the neccessary then forget about. If he can do it without incurring more expense and humiliation then he should. The plus side is its not too far till January so if he performs till then we know he can realistically do it.

If he fucks it, the beard to be feared and Park can empty him and give themselves/a new guy a chance for hopefully not too many points lost.

Ray could jusfiably be sacked for getting 4 points out of every six because that would likely indicate a return to shitting the bed away from home. Even if that type of form can win you the league, we need performances. Ray has answered (this isnt really debatable) a lot of questions re rigidity of set up in the last two games. In doing so he has made the rod we all hold for his back bigger because there will be no acceptance of returning to anything other than wide men and go for it, home or away.

44 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I’d agree, I think Ray should be given time, win us the league then be moved on. Hopefully MC and John Park will have this sort of thing in mind. When does his contract run out?

End of this season

As has been mentioned if we go play the same formation the next two weeks as the last two then Ray should be good enough to get us out this league then let him go in may when his contract is up as imagine in the championship he will revert to his narrow formation.
Got a feeling he will change it for the raith game though

Well, I took in the first leg of Raith Rovers (upper half L1), and QotS (rank rotten Championship). The gap in quality between the two was a bit of an eye opener tbh. Queens midfield had no-one remotely close to Tidser, yet they absolutely tore Raith to shreds, and dominated all over the park. 

Shite.... clearly didn’t watch any of the two games.

3 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

As has been mentioned if we go play the same formation the next two weeks as the last two then Ray should be good enough to get us out this league then let him go in may when his contract is up as imagine in the championship he will revert to his narrow formation.

If we win the league, do you really think we will let Ray go ?

I said afore a ball was kicked my fear was we win the league and Ray gets an extension, he will be so out of his depth again in the championship, he has been out of his depth in league one

3 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Almost certainly. If the East Fife game wasn’t at home, he’d be changing for that. I suspect the Stranraer game was the exception rather than the rule. They had a poor record and known deficiencies, so he decided to take a chance and play home rather than road strategy. Now, with a couple of wins under the belt, he’s liable to return to his form, certainly for the road trip to Raith, and perhaps he might over react to East Fife’s strong start and shore up the back line for the game at the cost of attacking width. Ray is a millstone around Falkirk’s neck, and I certainly think he will not succeed if given a chance all season.

I think we'd have a much better chance of getting something from the game if Falkirk came out and attacked us. So far this season our worst results have come against teams who've sat in and looked to counter. Last season we picked up more points on the road than at home and I'm sure we picked up more points against the teams in the top half of the table than the bottom. We probably had a better W/D/L record against Championship sides than the teams at the bottom of League One last season.

Falkirk would much prefer the same I'd have thought. Hopefully both teams go for it and we could get a cracking game.

Edited by Gordon EF

Almost certainly. If the East Fife game wasn’t at home, he’d be changing for that. I suspect the Stranraer game was the exception rather than the rule. They had a poor record and known deficiencies, so he decided to take a chance and play home rather than road strategy. Now, with a couple of wins under the belt, he’s liable to return to his form, certainly for the road trip to Raith, and perhaps he might over react to East Fife’s strong start and shore up the back line for the game at the cost of attacking width. Ray is a millstone around Falkirk’s neck, and I certainly think he will not succeed if given a chance all season.
I don't disagree with the comment on the trip to Raith and I hope this doesn't happen.

The way we've played the past 2 games is how Ray has said he wants to play, so I'm taking it as these plans, coupled with suitable personnel getting in the team and up to speed, coming to fruition.

Changing manager now will not make Falkirk certainties to win the league. Maintaining performances like the last two games, I think, will.

Ray has signed a squad, many of whom have said they like him. Punting him any time soon will put a lot of noses out of joint. On top of that there are all the costs of firing/hiring and signing another batch of new players. A squad which IMO, doesn't require wholesale change to achieve our objective.

Shite.... clearly didn’t watch any of the two games.

Hoho. It was as one sided as any game I have seen in recent years. It was a mauling. Time to accept it for what it was.

On the second game, you are right. I never saw any of it. Who really wants to see a dead fixture like that other than QotS supporters.

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hoho. It was as one sided as any game I have seen in recent years. It was a mauling. Time to accept it for what it was.

Pretty much, but this season we're not pinning our hopes on wasters like Nathan Flanagan or Jamie Barjonas, we don't have lumbering oafs like Nat Wedderburn and don't have players who'll show up for one game and disappear for five (Grant Gillespie). 

I don't think we'll win the league this season, but our midfield is far superior compared to last season. 

45 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Must be really shite being a Raith fan. You'd quite rightly give them a good chance of finally winning the league if a Morton, QoS or Alloa had come down last season. 

As it is, they're fucked from Day One, even with McKinnon as an anchor weighing us down. Brutal 

Guess NHS is letting the head cases loose again...this nutter needs checked back in.