The Falkirk FC Thread

Just a reminder that we have Hendry, Spencer, Vaughan, Allan, Anderson, Dingwall and Bowie. + Victoria, Smith and Matthews when they return from injury. See you on the 5th.

Absolutely no one cares about any of the jobbers that have been unable to get you out of this league shagger.

10 hours ago, Con Stapleton said:

Where it all led to is what I was getting at as stated in the subsequent post. 

What were, evidently, the best memories of a lot of fans were bought and (not) paid for by Fulston. An asset stripper that had previous before turning up at Kilbowie on promotion day and doing a lap round the park to rapturous applause.

We were alright as long as we were in the top flight but as soon as we got relegated we were never going to be able to afford the wages guys like Andy Gray etc were on at that time. No relegation clauses in those days unfortunately. 

We were alright as long as we were in the top flight but as soon as we got relegated we were never going to be able to afford the wages guys like Andy Gray etc were on at that time. No relegation clauses in those days unfortunately. 
Andy Gray was fucking brilliant. Just looked at his wiki, has him as a forward but despite being very young, I remember him being a right back for us.... Am I misremembering?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Andy Gray was fucking brilliant. Just looked at his wiki, has him as a forward but despite being very young, I remember him being a right back for us.... Am I misremembering?

In pretty sure he played as a defender for us. 

Airth Castle is at Airth while MacDonald Inchyra is up for sale with the rest of the MacDonald group but that is by and by.
If you look at the web the hotels to stay in Falkirk as a tourist it's pretty dire so the market is there.
Get round the businesses in the area and find out what they want in exhibition and conference facilities. Funeral teas, Weddings, Divorce celebrations, All the Local Loyal Rangers supporters clubs get together ( only joking ) the cost of repairing the damage and disinfecting after they have gone makes that one a non starter.
If that can be tagged onto the 4th stand as an annex all the better.

All the better for who Falkirk FC or MC ! He is out to make money for himself . In this scenario we would have Mc owing one stand the council have the main stand our benevolent Sandy Alexander owning the other. Plus despite our better than average support we cant fill half the seats we have - why would we build more! Comparable clubs ie kilmarnock and Motherwell st mitten fans achieve similar support in the premier league . Why should we plan for any different. We are not in the hotel business and running a hotel profitably takes huge organizational effort , look at the balls up we have made of running a football club !

He played all over. Mostly as a defensive mid and latterly at centre back iirc. He was clearly a class apart from most of our players. I used to shout myself hoarse at Bannon telling him to put Andy gray on (much to the annoyance of the old boys around me in the South Enclosure). Still to this day I can't get my head around why Bannon persisted in not starting him.

11 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

He played all over. Mostly as a defensive mid and latterly at centre back iirc. He was clearly a class apart from most of our players. I used to shout myself hoarse at Bannon telling him to put Andy gray on (much to the annoyance of the old boys around me in the South Enclosure). Still to this day I can't get my head around why Bannon persisted in not starting him.

Probably because he was a completely hopeless manager.

16 hours ago, BigSpow said:

The club has next to no assets so how can he rack up 10M of debt? Secured on what exactly? 5 years worth of future season ticket money.... never happen!

There is more than one way to rake up debt, he could borrow against what the club does own, also he would be able to borrow against a business plan, to build a hotel for example or you can rake up debt to your suppliers you have a line of credit with and when it all get to much do a runner (which by the look of it MC has a history of doing). Not sure where you got the 10M figure from but it would surely be possible to build a significant amount of debt. Obviously we have no idea if this is his grand plan(we can only hope its not) but it is certainly justified to have concerns about it.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Think he played centre back in the cup final as part of  a back 3. Remember when he first arrived he had an arse the size of the side of a house. Lost a ton of wait thought and was a top player.  Still remember his long throws to Kevin James causing havoc.

Andy Gray was an absolute machine.

Loved him playing for us.

The lowest point would have been at a sun-drenched Forthbank, where that utter FUD George Clyde sent him off for a phantom elbow on one of their hammer throwers. Steve McCormick scored (as he generally did) against us later on to win the game 1-0.

I mind I got chatting to a pair of American tourists in Stirling that lunchtime, who wanted to take in a "saccergame" while visiting Scotland, so I took them along. The language, general abuse and thousand or so enraged Falkirk fans surrounding them must have been a bit of an eye opener for them.

7 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

That's great that you are finally looking for yourself - all the best with the project.  

If you're going to make a bold statement about sports agencies buying players on behalf of a club, at least be able to back it up with some examples, otherwise it makes you look like a buffoon who doesn't have a clue what they are on about.

Here to help.