The Falkirk FC Thread

Deans article: Embezzlement and Fraud:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12676830.deans-face-court-and-a-battle-to-control-falkirk-fc/

Fulston your prob right but he done the same thing to Accies before moving onto us same promises of a new stadium etc next thing we know administrators are in, noticed they are still involved with football i think its at East Kilbride or somewhere out that way 

It’s a small point, but a crucial one. We didn’t have administrators brought in because administration didn’t exist back then. We had McGruther.....brought in as provisional liquidator.

When the administration process arrived a couple of years later, it was immediately seen as a viable business model by Livingston.....spend money you don’t have to get to the top flight, go into admin with no penalty, then do the same thing again.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I actually thought it was closer to the 250k wikipedia says 250k but there was an interview done with him on one of the news articles which says 150k, Personally i know at the time it was 250k banded about we paid for him.

It was rumoured we paid around that 150k because the fee was tied to appearances, if I remember correctly he was fit pre getting released and not getting a game due to the above.

I do recall a reserve game he didn't play in because he didn't have the right insoles. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

A lot of the comments about the proposed hotel seem to be coming from people who only ever see the inside of one on their holidays.

The stadium site is perfectly placed for a decent level business oriented hotel such as Marriot, Hilton, Mercure or Holiday Inn.

Nothing like that in the area, almost literally an open goal for a prospective owner.

As someone who spends literally weeks of every year cooped up in conference facilities in hotels, the placement of a decently equipped one in East Central Scotland that isn't in Edinburgh with superb transport links to it, would suit many many organisations down to the ground.

Airth Castle is at Airth while MacDonald Inchyra is up for sale with the rest of the MacDonald group but that is by and by.
If you look at the web the hotels to stay in Falkirk as a tourist it's pretty dire so the market is there.
Get round the businesses in the area and find out what they want in exhibition and conference facilities. Funeral teas, Weddings, Divorce celebrations, All the Local Loyal Rangers supporters clubs get together ( only joking ) the cost of repairing the damage and disinfecting after they have gone makes that one a non starter.
If that can be tagged onto the 4th stand as an annex all the better.

We wont be buying the Inchyra because Campbell's traditionally hate McDonalds

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Aye and where did it all end?

Too many trumpeting MC and the promise of the world either did not live through ‘98 or have forgotten the pain, dread and fear of those 3/4 months when we didn’t know if we would have a football club to support again.

I will never forget that first ever party on the pitch in the marquee when at the end of the night we were all up signing you will never take my Falkirk away. I looked to my right and there was Scott Crabbe, a died in the wool Jambo singing it at full pelt like us. It meant a lot to him and I feel emotional typing this, thinking back.

I want to see my club punching at its weight, I want to see the stadium completed and I want to see us developing our own players again. But fist and foremost I want my club to be safe and not have that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach ever again that I might lose it.

Where it all led to is what I was getting at as stated in the subsequent post. 

What were, evidently, the best memories of a lot of fans were bought and (not) paid for by Fulston. An asset stripper that had previous before turning up at Kilbowie on promotion day and doing a lap round the park to rapturous applause.

Where it all led to is what I was getting at as stated in the subsequent post. 
What were, evidently, the best memories of a lot of fans were bought and (not) paid for by Fulston. An asset stripper that had previous before turning up at Kilbowie on promotion day and doing a lap round the park to rapturous applause.

Happy wee memory of standing behind Fulston in the queue at the Europcar desk at Luton airport as his credit card was knocked back.
Karma ya bass!

13 hours ago, BigSpow said:

The club has next to no assets so how can he rack up 10M of debt? Secured on what exactly? 5 years worth of future season ticket money.... never happen!

And how much assets do you think Bury had?

We have the North Stand , football facing Main Stand & land. The future season ticket money is unlikely but as we know it's happened before. More than enough to borrow against and not from some reputable high street bank. MC seems to be a bit of wheeler dealer and I'm sure he knows his way around raising finance.  

Another way of racking up significant debt is signing players - John Park does not fish in the lower leagues you know . There are European Football Agencies who will pay for your signings then you pay them back when the player is sold on (as well as some decent interest)  - very risky business in these Bosman days & of course players can get injuries.  Players values can go up as well as down.   

1 minute ago, SometimesShitRaith said:

Just a reminder that we have Hendry, Spencer, Vaughan, Allan, Anderson, Dingwall and Bowie. + Victoria, Smith and Matthews when they return from injury. See you on the 6th.

1 minute ago, SometimesShitRaith said:

Just a reminder that we have Hendry, Spencer, Vaughan, Allan, Anderson, Dingwall and Bowie. + Victoria, Smith and Matthews when they return from injury. See you on the 5th.

Is there an Echo in here ?

24 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Another way of racking up significant debt is signing players - John Park does not fish in the lower leagues you know . There are European Football Agencies who will pay for your signings then you pay them back when the player is sold on (as well as some decent interest)  - very risky business in these Bosman days & of course players can get injuries.  Players values can go up as well as down.   

Are you able to provide any examples?