The Falkirk FC Thread

15 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Yes but remember the MSG are all Falkirk fans, someone had a loaded gun to their head when they wrote multiple statements slating the support, and the BTB presentation that none of us have seen definitely had glaring holes in it.

Not true , I know for a fact Michael Schenker supports SV Hamburg and Gary Barden likes Hull. 

Nobody will ever convince me that the club would be in safer hands with MC than it would with the fans. It may take 3/4 years but IMO he will eventually piss off and leave us in the lurch, probably with a mountain of debt for future owners to service. This guy inst a fan, he hasn't ever been involved in football, he is only in it for 1 reason, and the fact he cant even admit that makes it even more worrying. I really didn't want our club to go down this route but as it now looks more than likely its going to happen i can only hope for the best but TBH i will still be expecting the worst.

You are right to hope for the best and expect the worst. MC strikes me as a total fanny and not capable of running a bath never mind a time consuming football club . The real agenda whatever the detail of that is seems to have been designed by the men in the shadows. Lawyers football agents or whoever they are one thing is certain it’s about money not love.
Fasten your seatbelts we are about to go on a roller coaster that will eventually end in tears and need the fans to bail us out! It’s their guarantee of cash back as we have already evidenced we can raise 800 k to push the club forward how much will we pay to save it from Armageddon 4 years down the line is the question. Ironically some of the best times I’ve had as a fan were under the stewardship of the last ego maniac at the helm mr G Fulston

12 hours ago, ALLY B FFC said:

Saddened to hear about Jim Jeffries, I hope he is on the mend soon. The fact that takeover drivel was posted after Bud1876, highlights why so many fans read, but never post.  A genuine Falkirk legend, manager of the millennium. Get well soon JJ. 

100% agree. If folk get a chance, check out the Walking Down Hope Street Road Podcast with  JJ, emotional stuff - his story telling of how he managed to sign Stainrod gave me shivers if only becuase if he hadn't pulled it off, how different my Falkirk supporting life would have been. 

41 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

100% agree. If folk get a chance, check out the Walking Down Hope Street Road Podcast with  JJ, emotional stuff - his story telling of how he managed to sign Stainrod gave me shivers if only becuase if he hadn't pulled it off, how different my Falkirk supporting life would have been. 

Agreed. It's an excellent listen and brings back some fantastic memories.

32 minutes ago, champions said:

Agreed. It's an excellent listen and brings back some fantastic memories.

also loved hearing about how him and Billy Brown would get in the car after training and drive down South to watch English games scouting for players..how they got the likes of Alex Taylor... I know some Falkirk fans call Jeffries 'Judas' for leaving us when he did but I can forgive all that(plus I understand why he did move even though it hurt at the time) for the memories and quality of player he brought to the club during his time.

4 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

also loved hearing about how him and Billy Brown would get in the car after training and drive down South to watch English games scouting for players..how they got the likes of Alex Taylor... I know some Falkirk fans call Jeffries 'Judas' for leaving us when he did but I can forgive all that(plus I understand why he did move even though it hurt at the time) for the memories and quality of player he brought to the club during his time.

JJ and BB were both brilliant for us. Like you I was raging when they left but with experience and hindsight, I realise that they both loved Hearts and could not turn it down.

He was brilliant for us and for that I’ll always be grateful to him.

I hope Jim gets well soon and my thoughts are with him and his family at this tough time.

37 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

JJ and BB were both brilliant for us. Like you I was raging when they left but with experience and hindsight, I realise that they both loved Hearts and could not turn it down.

He was brilliant for us and for that I’ll always be grateful to him.

I hope Jim gets well soon and my thoughts are with him and his family at this tough time.

Summed it up perfectly for me too.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Summed it up perfectly for me too.

The thing is they should just have gone and that would've been that. Moving on to a bigger club. It was the announcing they were staying put at the door of brockville only to change their minds 24 hrs later that left a bad taste at the time.  All water under the bridge now and I certainly only look back on that time now with very fond memories.

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The thing is they should just have gone and that would've been that. Moving on to a bigger club. It was the announcing they were staying put at the door of brockville only to change their minds 24 hrs later that left a bad taste at the time.  All water under the bridge now and I certainly only look back on that time now with very fond memories.

I was one of those cheering at the door when they said he was staying then as you say 24 hours later i was in disbelief.

Then of course they brought in the c**t Lambie who dismantled at fantastic team.

Get well soon Jim.

2 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I was one of those cheering at the door when they said he was staying then as you say 24 hours later i was in disbelief.

Then of course they brought in the c**t Lambie who dismantled at fantastic team.

Get well soon Jim.

Did you not like Lambie then?

10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

aye..that certainly didnt help.... did they take any Falkirk players to Hearts with them(just to twist the knife!)....I'm thinking Stevie Fulton or am I getting totally mixed up?

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Con Stapleton said:
It is interesting and quite topical to remember that the Jeffries time in charge spanned the reigns if the Dean's and then Fulston. 
I think anyway.

I get you. So you are saying Ray McKinnon can be this generations Jim Jeffries for us?

Not really. More to do with ownership and how much the majority of people really care about this aspect when the team is successful, or even just good to watch. These two sets of owners, Fulston particularly, laid the foundations, in my view,  for everything that has happened since. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
27 minutes ago, Con Stapleton said:
It is interesting and quite topical to remember that the Jeffries time in charge spanned the reigns if the Dean's and then Fulston. 
I think anyway.

I get you. So you are saying Ray McKinnon can be this generations Jim Jeffries for us?

Let's not get carried away here a bit of realism 

3 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

The very opposite of Paul Hartley.

JJ will always be one of my all time heroes. That is Falkirk right there and everything that happened after Houston is not. 

Get well soon big man. Love ypu.