The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think it tells us that the takeover is going ahead. That's kind of significant IMO. 

"all parties are committed to concluding this process at the earliest opportunity" 

Admittedly it gives the impression that they want the sale done quickly now but the wording can be construed as "all parties want an early decision" which is a bit different.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Nothing in that about MC. That comment is about the MSG and whether we can trust them to have the best interest of the club at heart. For me we cant. Owing to form and incompetence, if not pure spite.

emoji23.png forgot about the bit at the end. Yeah, no way MC keeps up his incessant tweeting once the deal is done. Just watch.

It's his statement that he is not in it for the money that get's my alarm bells ringing - aye right do the supporters heads zip up the back  -  Not !

If he was to come out with a business plan with 1 - 3 - 7 - 10 year KPI ( key performance indicators ) with one yearly reviews on how they are getting on achieving them.

Can you image the backing he would get if he was upfront with a bit of Fergus McCann honesty. We will buy the stadium and surrounding land outright. Fourth stand build and will be a sports / entertainment venue working 7 days a week. Long needed quality hotel and spa built to offer facilities just off a main motorway and the Kelpies. Youth academy restarted learning lessons from what we did right and what we did wrong. When we make a profit my consortium will take ? % of the profits. When we sell up we recover our money + ? %.

That's credible and the support would say. Good on you we are behind you all the way. But this bullshit from the board and MC insults people intelligence. 

5 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's his statement that he is not in it for the money that get's my alarm bells ringing - aye right do the supporters heads zip up the back  -  Not !

If he was to come out with a business plan with 1 - 3 - 7 - 10 year KPI ( key performance indicators ) with one yearly reviews on how they are getting on achieving them.

Can you image the backing he would get if he was upfront with a bit of Fergus McCann honesty. We will buy the stadium and surrounding land outright. Fourth stand build and will be a sports / entertainment venue working 7 days a week. Long needed quality hotel and spa built to offer facilities just off a main motorway and the Kelpies. Youth academy restarted learning lessons from what we did right and what we did wrong. When we make a profit my consortium will take ? % of the profits. When we sell up we recover our money + ? %.

That's credible and the support would say. Good on you we are behind you all the way. But this bullshit from the board and MC insults people intelligence. 

Well with his experience of dissolving companies at least he should know his way around CVA's. MSG sell MC runs club into the ground (not far from it just now) MSG approach MC to buy back club for less than price they got paid.

Still think the plan is to fill the club with players signed to his agent pals punted for a fee MC and agent make a shed load club makes next to nothing.

It was a panic statement as they have probably been getting asked some awkward questions since Campbell had been so visible on Saturday. A case of, quick, say something to make all the nasty people talking to us.

By the looks of it, I would say the deal between Campbell and the MSG must be done by now, in principle, at least. I would imagine there will be a lot of wrangling being done to get the Council, Sandy Alexander and anyone else who has a say in the stadium and the surrounding area. If he is coming in, he'll be coming for the lot, not just bits of it. That's probably why it's taking so long.

10 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

It was a panic statement as they have probably been getting asked some awkward questions since Campbell had been so visible on Saturday. A case of, quick, say something to make all the nasty people talking to us.

By the looks of it, I would say the deal between Campbell and the MSG must be done by now, in principle, at least. I would imagine there will be a lot of wrangling being done to get the Council, Sandy Alexander and anyone else who has a say in the stadium and the surrounding area. If he is coming in, he'll be coming for the lot, not just bits of it. That's probably why it's taking so long.

I think that's spot on. The football side of things is an inconvenience. 

I have done some checking and in Falkirk articles of association as I thought the offer MC makes if accepted by the MSG will mean he has to offer all shareholders the same deal.
So I guess we will all find out in time at least that detail

Nobody will ever convince me that the club would be in safer hands with MC than it would with the fans. It may take 3/4 years but IMO he will eventually piss off and leave us in the lurch, probably with a mountain of debt for future owners to service. This guy inst a fan, he hasn't ever been involved in football, he is only in it for 1 reason, and the fact he cant even admit that makes it even more worrying. I really didn't want our club to go down this route but as it now looks more than likely its going to happen i can only hope for the best but TBH i will still be expecting the worst.

This is exactly what MC told my mate in the bar on Saturday.

The council have invested a lot of cash recently around the stadium - the electric points being the latest. Doesn’t look like they want to move any time soon.

When the club have asked in the past about purchasing the main stand why has it never happened? Yet they are going to sell to a stranger with a dubious background. Struggle to see it really.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's his statement that he is not in it for the money that get's my alarm bells ringing

I thought he said he wasn't intending to take any money out of the club on a day by day basis, but was hoping eventually to make a profit, ie by developing it and selling it on, I assume. Whether that's genuine or not I have no idea.

Edited by welshbairn

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The council have invested a lot of cash recently around the stadium - the electric points being the latest. Doesn’t look like they want to move any time soon.

When the club have asked in the past about purchasing the main stand why has it never happened? Yet they are going to sell to a stranger with a dubious background. Struggle to see it really.

That'll be why it will eventually all fall through then. Starting to see why he was given preferred bidder status. They knew it would never happen.

That'll be why it will eventually all fall through then. Starting to see why he was given preferred bidder status. They knew it would never happen.

You think?

I am pretty sure it will happen now

50 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Theres a lot of EU funding going towards the electric points, that was according to one of the contractors.  Not sure how that will work post Brexit. 

Apparently they are using us as a Guinea pig before installing something similar all the way up the A9.