The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Really surprised he's not ripping it up in League 1. Ray should put him further forward and he'll do well. Expensive player to have on the books when he's not contributing anything. 

How much is he on?

I'd heard a figure of £500 pw

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Really surprised he's not ripping it up in League 1. Ray should put him further forward and he'll do well. Expensive player to have on the books when he's not contributing anything. 

Its not that he is contributing nothing. He at least has a couple of assists and looked good when the rest of them looked good (Dumbarton were honking that day)

We played 4 4 2 the other day with Telfer and Gomis in the middle. I suspect if you swapped Tidser for Telfer there, he would do fine. He is being held back away from home though, sitting deep in a narrow midfield. I honestly cant say first hand what his strengths are specifically but I know they arent that. I do remmeber him playing higher up in the 1 each game at Cappielow last season and looking like a good player. 

42 minutes ago, champions said:

How much is he on?

I'd heard a figure of £500 pw

He was our highest paid player last season and probably had been for the past 3/4 seasons. Douglas Rae went above and beyond to get him back after his release from Rotherham so I'd imagine he'll be on or around £1k a week. 

43 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Do you want him back?

Yes but sadly I think he'd also be wasted in our midfield given our CM's just constantly press and allow the wide players to bring the creative spark after the ball has been hoofed up to McHugh from the back. 

16 minutes ago, Scosha said:

He was our highest paid player last season and probably had been for the past 3/4 seasons. Douglas Rae went above and beyond to get him back after his release from Rotherham so I'd imagine he'll be on or around £1k a week. 

How much were Morton paying him?

In the long history of pointless statements, that "update" has to be the most pointless.
Still, they didn't falsely accuse the fanbase of racism, so credit where credit is due.

Don’t you think that it means after all these weeks of speculation things are still progressing? I’d have thought that if they had concerns re MC they’d be saying so by now or their diminishing credibility would further evaporate?

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t you think that it means after all these weeks of speculation things are still progressing? I’d have thought that if they had concerns re MC they’d be saying so by now or their diminishing credibility would further evaporate?

It was a holding statement, say something without telling the plebs anything.

29 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

In the long history of pointless statements, that "update" has to be the most pointless.

Still, they didn't falsely accuse the fanbase of racism, so credit where credit is due.

I think it tells us that the takeover is going ahead. That's kind of significant IMO. 

They wouldn't be using phrases like "all parties are committed to concluding this process at the earliest opportunity" if there were still doubts about his cash, background or motives. Not unless they want to look like the biggest bunch of idiots since Neville Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in our time. 

It appears this is happening. He's convinced the MSG. It's almost a done deal. 

The question is what do they know that all us Doubting Thomases don't? 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think it tells us that the takeover is going ahead. That's kind of significant IMO. 

They wouldn't be using phrases like "all parties are committed to concluding this process at the earliest opportunity" if there were still doubts about his cash, background or motives. Not unless they want to look like the biggest bunch of idiots since Neville Chamberlain returned from Munich proclaiming peace in our time. 

Thats my reading of it too. No mention of due diligence ongoing which likely means it’s complete and going through legals for the purchase. 

They know that his cheque will clear.

I am unwilling to give them any credit for making any attempts to secure the future of our club or seek assurances on Campbells future activities.

They are our David Murray. The ones ultimately responsible should this f**k up. Watch MC go quiet on twitter etc very shortly.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

They know that his cheque will clear.

I am unwilling to give them no credit for making any attempts to secure the future of our club or seek assurances on Campbells future activities.

They are our David Murray. The ones ultimately responsible should this f**k up. Watch MC go quiet on twitter etc very shortly.

Give him a chance ffs

Give him a chance ffs

Nothing in that about MC. That comment is about the MSG and whether we can trust them to have the best interest of the club at heart. For me we cant. Owing to form and incompetence, if not pure spite.

[emoji23] forgot about the bit at the end. Yeah, no way MC keeps up his incessant tweeting once the deal is done. Just watch.