The Falkirk FC Thread

That's possible but I have my doubts. 
For all the bad decisions they've made, most if not all of the MSG are genuine Falkirk fans. It would take some amount of spite for them to deliberately sabotage the club they've supported and given thousands of hours to for their entire lives. One person maybe, but half a dozen of them? 

How many did it take to talk the rest out of selling to BtB though?

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that one or two in the inner circle, not even neccessarily MSG members, are the loudest voices and bullying through their agenda.

I wouldnt rule out the spite angle, and they have fucking reeked of it for a long time now.

I highly doubt ALL members of the MSG wanted the clubs Twitter to be making snide digs at fans about season tickets for example, but that happened repeatedly.

I dont know how many voices are in the room but if the loudest ones are shouting one way its sometimes easy to get carried along.

For all the bad decisions they've made, most if not all of the MSG are genuine Falkirk fans. It would take some amount of spite for them to deliberately sabotage the club they've supported and given thousands of hours to for their entire lives. One person maybe, but half a dozen of them? 

Got to agree with this, despite all the f**k ups don't believe they have intentionally made the desicions to harm the club even though the thought process behind some of the decisions has been flawed or I'll informed.

40 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Agree with this. Although BtB would have given more power to the fans, was there anyone within BtB who could lay their hands on say £200k in the event of an emergency or unpaid HMRC bill?

Perhaps MC offers more financial clout if ever required and that was a deciding factor in making him preferred bidder.

Just now, champions said:

Agree with this. Although BtB would have given more power to the fans, was there anyone within BtB who could lay their hands on say £200k in the event of an emergency or unpaid HMRC bill?

Perhaps MC offers more financial clout if ever required and that was a deciding factor in making him preferred bidder.

remember the BtB bid involved the Current MSG diluting their shares so SA, MR for example would still be there, but taking your example scenario, if 200K needed to be raised quickly between 30 odd people/businesses, i couldn't see that being a problem, only taking 5-6K each.

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

remember the BtB bid involved the Current MSG diluting their shares so SA, MR for example would still be there, but taking your example scenario, if 200K needed to be raised quickly between 30 odd people/businesses, i couldn't see that being a problem, only taking 5-6K each.

Fair enough. Would be interesting to know whether this scenario was part of the BtB proposal.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Also bear in mind there was a seperate grouo of BtB patrons who were fucked off by the MSG

Yes but remember the MSG are all Falkirk fans, someone had a loaded gun to their head when they wrote multiple statements slating the support, and the BTB presentation that none of us have seen definitely had glaring holes in it.

The biggest disgrace in all of this, regardless of whether or not MC is a charlatan or not, and whether the MSG could resonably foretell he was, or not, is the way the MSG treated the fans by proxy tbh. 

The theme of them thinking we are stupid carries on regardless. Unfortunately going by the twitter threads, plenty are. Just wave a shiny set of keys in front of us. 

2 hours ago, champions said:

100% Yes, There were numerous persons that have that kind of money.  If you knew some of the individuals who were prepared to be Patrons you have to ask why are they entertaining Campbell. 

Update:

As many of you who came along to Saturday’s match against Forfar will be aware, Mark Campbell was in attendance as a guest of the Board of Directors. In addition, the directors and Mark had positive and productive meetings over the weekend and have agreed to work closely with our respective legal advisers to progress Mark’s offer to the shareholders of Falkirk Football Club, and the planned investment in the club and its facilities.

Mark and the directors are excited by the possibilities the investment can unlock both on and off the field.  We are entering into an extremely important stage as we progress matters forward with both our legal team and Mark’s. This work can be time consuming, however all parties are committed to concluding this process at the earliest opportunity. A further announcement to supporters will be made as soon as possible.

Many thanks for your patience and of course your continued support for the team.

Falkirk FC Board of Directors

Another statement that doesn't really tell us anything.
Made only because folk are seeing this guy cruising around the Bar and the Directors Box on a matchday, announcing it by tweet, and wondering what the fucking hell is going on.

These c***s were touting the deal being done before the window shut [emoji23] Be lucky if its done by halloween. Pathetic.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

In fairness, he probably should be dropped

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

The invisible caravan he tows around the pitch got a flat 

Really surprised he's not ripping it up in League 1. Ray should put him further forward and he'll do well. Expensive player to have on the books when he's not contributing anything.