On a warm summer's eve
On a train bound for nowhere
I met up with the gambler
We were both too tired to sleep
So we took turns a-starin'
Out the window at dumfermline
The boredom overtook us,
And we began to sing .
If you hate the fucking fifers hate fucking fifers hate the fucking fifers clap your hands

The f**k is this shite?

See whenever you think we’ve reached an all time low with the patter in here some c**t steps up with something completely horrendous.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

For f**k sakes have none of you ever passed the time with "would you rather'?

OK, how about Mark Campbell, Ray McKinnon and the MSG. Which one would you f**k, marry and kill?

P.S. Killing them all is not an option

4 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was there. There wasn't anything earth-shattering revealed, as most of the questions from the floor were the usual stuff - best goal scored, favourite ground, hardest opponent etc - but Buchy told a couple of interesting stories.

Generally, when you join a new club you have to go though an initiation ceremony which often involves singing for your teammates. When Buchanan joined Dunfermline he sang Amarillo. 8)

He also explained that when he was made captain he wanted to try and do something to show the fans that the players appreciated their support. He asked if he could hand his captains armband to a young child at the end of each game and I think he's done that at every one so far.

Mind you, given that I've heard folk shouting at him to Feck Off when  he ran to the crowd at Peterhead, Clyde and Airdrie it hasn't really gone down too well. :wacko:

Any chance he could hand the armband to the young child before the game …...then just bugger off.

Are we going to see some sort of display of deep cringe from MC do we think? Half time pep talk perhaps?

Would doubt that.

IMO, as he is not going near the Boardroom I believe, this is a tactic to put pressure on the MSG to sell to him.

If MC takes over then over the next 20 years he has to win a scottish cup or get to a few finals, be in the top league at least 30% of the time, get in Europe  more than once, don't release any bad club statements and if things go wrong on the pitch then keep backing the manager (or change them quickly) to do better than the MSG/board have done, no wonder we are hounding them out, non bairns must look at us compared with real basket case clubs and think WTF, almost old firm fan type of entitlement. 

That said, scrapping the academy, the terrible way we appointed ray, and the badly judged statements have meant the last few seasons have been an absolute disaster, the EGM showed the communication between board members was so bad and we could as a club be run far better. We really are at a crossroads now, without being ITK I do think there will be a takeover (MC or A.N Other) the board want out, we can only hope new owners are good for the club not charlatans out to scam the club. 

Anyway, to quote Ray "the season starts today" COYB.

8 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

If MC takes over then over the next 20 years he has to win a scottish cup or get to a few finals, be in the top league at least 30% of the time, get in Europe  more than once, don't release any bad club statements and if things go wrong on the pitch then keep backing the manager (or change them quickly) to do better than the MSG/board have done, no wonder we are hounding them out, non bairns must look at us compared with real basket case clubs and think WTF, almost old firm fan type of entitlement. 

That said, scrapping the academy, the terrible way we appointed ray, and the badly judged statements have meant the last few seasons have been an absolute disaster, the EGM showed the communication between board members was so bad and we could as a club be run far better. We really are at a crossroads now, without being ITK I do think there will be a takeover (MC or A.N Other) the board want out, we can only hope new owners are good for the club not charlatans out to scam the club. 

You don’t have to be ITK mate you just have to kid on that you are.

Thats how it works on here.

Absolutely not everything they have done has been bad. However they have run their course and it is long past their sell by date. The last 10 years have been on the whole complete failure. A cup final apart (when we didn’t play a top flight team until the final) and a great season with Houstie at the helm we have under achieved compared to clubs like Hamilton, St.Johnstone and Ross County.

Where I am with you is who takes the club on. I want a club to support in ten years time not some three year hit then Gretna.

11 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

In case you've missed it, Falkirk are in League One. The third tier, below Alloa, Arbroath and Queen of the South. That is completely unacceptable and is down to a decade of gross mismanagement. The club has provided point and laugh material to the country over that full timescale on a regular basis.

55 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

So you're criticising our sense of entitlement but think we're entitled to better?

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Thank goodness I am not attending home games. There is potential for anything to happen - and most of it embarrassing.

I'm going to hospitality today (birthday present) and have to say I better not drink too many pints, I might not be able to keep my mouth shut 🙈

It will be interesting to see what the mood is like in there though!

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

As long as Marky boy doesn’t charge us £75k a year rent for a stand or charge over inflated interest rates on soft loans then he’ll do just fine. Don’t dare try and insinuate that the MSG/board have acted in the best interests of this club. It’ll be interesting to find out just how much of a profit they have made from this deal once it all comes out in the wash. Then we’ll see who the real charlatans are.

Good riddance to them all!