The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'm gonna say it now Tommy Robson is bloody bang average at best 😂

He’s shite.

Said it before but if the young team hadn’t made up a catchy chant about him early doors he’d have been getting hounded out like the rest of them.

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:
Goes out for pints every other weekend so he’s good imo.
Penrice is a better fullback and is only 20.

I will come to your house and make you watch videos of Paul Dixon crossing from 40 yards out

Only if I can add Mark Kerr floaty freekicks to the playlist.

Robson hooked 7 mins before half time also.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:
It's back on TV two weeks today!
Friday 27 September, 10:30pm, BBC Scotland channel (115 on your Sky box)

Excellent plugging. Nice to see some more Mark Campbell esque internetting skills on show too. I'll be watching. And can I just say I hope there has been absolutely no improvement in your clothing choices this season.

Need to make sure I'm out that night.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe we should do a mini poll of who thinks we would currently be better off if Robson was in our team instead of Dixon.

It's a yes from me. We would have more points.

Both pish!

6 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Anyone at that meet the players thing last night? 

I was there. There wasn't anything earth-shattering revealed, as most of the questions from the floor were the usual stuff - best goal scored, favourite ground, hardest opponent etc - but Buchy told a couple of interesting stories.

Generally, when you join a new club you have to go though an initiation ceremony which often involves singing for your teammates. When Buchanan joined Dunfermline he sang Amarillo. 8)

He also explained that when he was made captain he wanted to try and do something to show the fans that the players appreciated their support. He asked if he could hand his captains armband to a young child at the end of each game and I think he's done that at every one so far.

Mind you, given that I've heard folk shouting at him to Feck Off when  he ran to the crowd at Peterhead, Clyde and Airdrie it hasn't really gone down too well. :wacko:

What used to be good about watching Falkirk was seeing a young player starting his career. Knowing you saw somebody that's a bit quality and you can say. Saw him play his first team game class act and enjoying them getting better and better before moving onto a higher level.

Tiger McLaughlin , Stuart Kennedy, Gary Gillespie , Brian Irvine , David Weir , Bryan Martin , Kevin McAllister , Scott Arfield are good examples.

Gave them away for pennies mind you, but it gave you a sense of pride that it was out club that gave them their chance.

Gone ! we will not see that again for at least a decade and that is a generation of fans missing out on a priceless moment of being a fan.

What a mess. Have never seen this club devoid of a sense of direction since the George Miller management era.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker