The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, champions said:

Agreed, you're bullying of shadwell was out of order.

1 hour ago, champions said:

Nobody is bullying anyone so shut your hole four eyes 😂

Make up your mind. 

The bullying does exist, I've seen it happen to pretty much every new poster who signs up. I must be an alias because I'm not just meekly hiding in the background. It's pathetic paranoia from the bully's.  I've also witnessed those who raised concerns on MC rounded on. Shouted down and told nobody is interested. We are better than this as a group. Yes it's fucking pish right now but taking it out on fellow fans is not the way forward. 

14 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Make up your mind. 

The bullying does exist, I've seen it happen to pretty much every new poster who signs up. I must be an alias because I'm not just meekly hiding in the background. It's pathetic paranoia from the bully's.  I've also witnessed those who raised concerns on MC rounded on. Shouted down and told nobody is interested. We are better than this as a group. Yes it's fucking pish right now but taking it out on fellow fans is not the way forward. 

Perhaps the internet isn't for you mate

6 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Plus Lewis Toshney, age 27 

Another point I forgot was we do have a few injury prone players in the squad, Toshney, Bell and Johnston have all spent large spells out in the last 2-3 yr, I will never work out why we gave Johnston a year contract, he will now be 4th in the pecking list with no reserve football to even getting to challenging for a place.

3 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

He's got a fanbase to win over as it looks like we will be on his back from day one something needs to change the trouble is we swap MSG for a dodgy bloke or wheel the trebuchet out for Ray.  Thing is John Park needs to have someone in the frame just now for when/if Ray gets punted.

the other thing is i dont want the club to sign any person without a club so his buddy thats a sports agent can get him in the shop window in the hope he's half decent and the club get a minimal fee on top of what MC and his buddy get as a kickback for said player moving on. As you just know thats the angle for the academy coming back they sign up with his pal as their agent.

John Park the scout having managers in his list ?

Yes he has contacts but somehow some of us have John Park as this football supremo because he picked up half a dozen or so players for Celtic who went on to be sold for millions(forgetting the bigger list of those who failed) 

I get he will have contacts but his experience is in youth academy and scouting, not management at senior level

13 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Another point I forgot was we do have a few injury prone players in the squad, Toshney, Bell and Johnston have all spent large spells out in the last 2-3 yr, I will never work out why we gave Johnston a year contract, he will now be 4th in the pecking list with no reserve football to even getting to challenging for a place.

John Park the scout having managers in his list ?

Yes he has contacts but somehow some of us have John Park as this football supremo because he picked up half a dozen or so players for Celtic who went on to be sold for millions(forgetting the bigger list of those who failed) 

I get he will have contacts but his experience is in youth academy and scouting, not management at senior level

At the meeting MC said that all footballing matters will be down to JP  i dare say he would come up with better than what the current MSG came up with which cost us. in Ray.

Lazy journalism as usual though. Scrapping the academy is a million miles away from the reason we find ourselves in League One now, as the article suggests.

I never read it all. But those who claimed at the time we had nothing coming through this proves they were wrong

At the meeting MC said that all footballing matters will be down to JP  i dare say he would come up with better than what the current MSG came up with which cost us. in Ray.

What do you do if John Park signs a load of dross or makes an arse of things? Can’t blame a new head coach for dud signings and Park won’t be removed as he’s Campbell’s stooge and on the board.

Just the risk you take I guess. I do like how John Park is seen as some sort of footballing demigod because he once thought one of the wolds best defenders looked alright.

27 minutes ago, Enigma said:

What do you do if John Park signs a load of dross or makes an arse of things? Can’t blame a new head coach for dud signings and Park won’t be removed as he’s Campbell’s stooge and on the board.

Just the risk you take I guess. I do like how John Park is seen as some sort of footballing demigod because he once thought one of the wolds best defenders looked alright.

If you were to choose between John Park or Lex Miller picking a manager who would you trust, am well aware he is a scout but he has to have better connections than what we have managed to turn up so far.

2 hours ago, champions said:

Perhaps the internet isn't for you mate

Trying to force me out. This is exactly the behaviour I was talking about. 

RE DKD; we shouldn't need him to win the league comfortably but with this clown in charge we probably do need him to win the league comfortably. Get him signed up. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I never read it all. But those who claimed at the time we had nothing coming through this proves they were wrong

1 lad on the books of Sevco proves absolutely nothing...yet. At the time the academy got the bullet, very little talent had come through for a while and the last thing I was concerning myself with was young lads who might turn out to be assets a further 5/6/7 years down the line. We had just avoided relegation from the Championship and the focus had to be on the immediate future of the Club, which was promotion back to the top flight. That needed investment - it’s just a shame Hartley and Mitch completely fucked that investment otherwise we might be sitting here calling the decision a master stroke. 

Edited by Relegator Ritchie