The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You can't have been reading very carefully then.

Clearly not. 

Given the flow of the conversation it appears they are. That's fine, albeit someone who posts from two different accounts belittling the posting habits of others is amusing. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Monkey tennis was on this thread every day for weeks whilst there was hardly a thing posted on the queens thread. 

I wonder if the fact that the Queens thread was pretty quiet had any influence on how often I posted in it.  Obviously, I'm a desperately sad, lonely individual with nothing whatever going on, but even I am seldom in the habit of talking to myself in a chat room.

There was plenty happening with Falkirk and I was interested, so posted.  It really shouldn't represent a problem for anyone.  

I've hardly been here in weeks anyway, so it's bizarre that you're apparently still troubled.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

There's yer Mark Campbell retweeting some weird video raising awareness of how to spot if someone is planning a school shooting.

OK, that's far weirder than anything Bexley is Bonkers have come up with. I'm out. Is Alan Gow still about?

Edited by welshbairn

58 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I think the MSG hired an actor and a Russian bot for the whole 'MC' thing, either that or the guy is an utter rocket.

Spanish language retweet. If his Mexican girlfriend has the money she should elbow him aside and say what she's about. Her man is a truly awful salesman.

Edited by welshbairn

An honest question:

Most Falkirk fans here seem to believe the assembled team has enough quality to top the league, but is held back by the coach. So I looked up the team and info on the players, and I'm not as certain. There is a load of experience on the team, but...

The defense looks kinda old, and mostly on the way down. Doyle and Buchanan are good bets, as they are playing down skill levels, but all the others seem to have peaked and are trending down. You also have to wonder about their legs and injuries over the season.

The midfield should be the strength of the team. Telfer and Tidser, it seems, are playing slightly below their skill level, and Moore looks interesting, but is playing down at League 1 for the second year in a row...but he's only 21. Only Gomis seems to be really trending down, and from comments here, he's holding his own and more.

The forwards are a motly lot. Several on repeated loans and not showing an improvement in the level they are being loaned to.

By no means is this a weak team, but I'm not sure how much more a new coach can develop a lot from these players. They seem to be solid League One quality or better, in most cases, but I'm not sure that Ray's exactly set the world on fire with his signings. I'd be feeling worried about an aging backline, for sure.

So, what am I missing? Something has convinced a whole lot of people this team is better than the bits I can see here, what is it?

On 08/09/2019 at 09:43, Back Post Misses said:

About 30k I would guess plus another 15k or so for his assistant

lets all take the prophet as being the main man in the know...….. this another guess then yeah? like the 2 more players to be signed post the other day that oddly didn't materialise?  or the MC presentation was poor post? you obviously aren't anywhere near in the know as u like to make out, if I were you i'd stick to selling pens, paper and post-it notes or just deal in facts and do every FFC fan a favour...…….

lets all take the prophet as being the main man in the know...….. this another guess then yeah? like the 2 more players to be signed post the other day that oddly didn't materialise?  or the MC presentation was poor post? you obviously aren't anywhere near in the know as u like to make out, if I were you i'd stick to selling pens, paper and post-it notes or just deal in facts and do every FFC fan a favour...…….

Well that’s a bit of a rant, did he sell you a broken pencil?

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

An honest question:

Most Falkirk fans here seem to believe the assembled team has enough quality to top the league, but is held back by the coach. So I looked up the team and info on the players, and I'm not as certain. There is a load of experience on the team, but...

The defense looks kinda old, and mostly on the way down. Doyle and Buchanan are good bets, as they are playing down skill levels, but all the others seem to have peaked and are trending down. You also have to wonder about their legs and injuries over the season.

The midfield should be the strength of the team. Telfer and Tidser, it seems, are playing slightly below their skill level, and Moore looks interesting, but is playing down at League 1 for the second year in a row...but he's only 21. Only Gomis seems to be really trending down, and from comments here, he's holding his own and more.

The forwards are a motly lot. Several on repeated loans and not showing an improvement in the level they are being loaned to.

By no means is this a weak team, but I'm not sure how much more a new coach can develop a lot from these players. They seem to be solid League One quality or better, in most cases, but I'm not sure that Ray's exactly set the world on fire with his signings. I'd be feeling worried about an aging backline, for sure.

So, what am I missing? Something has convinced a whole lot of people this team is better than the bits I can see here, what is it?

Ageing backline ? Our back 4 has been - Doyle 28  - Durnan 26 - Buchanan 29 - Dixon 32

Dixon has been poor and shouldve been in the centre for me as he is looking well done at left back but I dont see the above as an ageing defence, experienced not ageing. Gary Miller at 32 the other defender we have should be strolling the league if he gets a start with the experience he has had

Gomis has been 100 times better than I expected, tbh he was the one signing I thought oh no at, probably due to his poor form at United and having his sidekick Prince Bauben stroll down our way last season and piss us about. I've never seen all the fuss with Tidser, Connolly and Telfer will be players who will probably have games where they play well and ones where they are invisible(which has happened) McShane is a better player than he is showing at the moment, Longridge probably will get match fit by the time his contract is up and McClean I think seems to do a job in the hole or a free role to roam and not stuck on a wing(we have a few of that type) It isnt a greatly assembled squad but still should be doing much better

Up front we have only one loan and he hasnt played yet and its a season loan, we have signed Sammon, McManus, Johnston. Sammon and McManus will get goals if they get service, Johnston has one knee and McMilan (loan player) is a goalscorer in Ireland and not done it in the top league here. I do hope McMillan does improve us and McKinnon has thrown his double six, like he did at Raith with Connolly. Id still want him gone at the end of the season or sooner as he isnt getting the best out of the players we have, no one seems to give a shit and its all too nice, we need a manager who can challenge these players to do it and not suggest in the last interview that the season starts now for Falkirk Fc

Ive not added Leitch and Moore as I think they will be simply bench players, as said, its unbalanced and not a wow squad but should be doing a hell of lot better than looking clueless each week

52 minutes ago, MrDust said:

...its unbalanced and not a wow squad but should be doing a hell of lot better than looking clueless each week

Thanks for  a simple and direct reply.

I was showing McManus on loan from Ross and McMillan on loan from St. J. I mistook Aiden as a loan, my error.

As for the aging back line, I'm just looking at the problems we are having with Davo and Bene, Davo more aging and Bene more injury-prone, and wondering where the youth is.

Cheers, and best of luck getting second, third or fourth behind us...I hope.  

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

Ageing backline ? Our back 4 has been - Doyle 28  - Durnan 26 - Buchanan 29 - Dixon 32

Dixon has been poor and shouldve been in the centre for me as he is looking well done at left back but I dont see the above as an ageing defence, experienced not ageing. Gary Miller at 32 the other defender we have should be strolling the league if he gets a start with the experience he has had

Gomis has been 100 times better than I expected, tbh he was the one signing I thought oh no at, probably due to his poor form at United and having his sidekick Prince Bauben stroll down our way last season and piss us about. I've never seen all the fuss with Tidser, Connolly and Telfer will be players who will probably have games where they play well and ones where they are invisible(which has happened) McShane is a better player than he is showing at the moment, Longridge probably will get match fit by the time his contract is up and McClean I think seems to do a job in the hole or a free role to roam and not stuck on a wing(we have a few of that type) It isnt a greatly assembled squad but still should be doing much better

Up front we have only one loan and he hasnt played yet and its a season loan, we have signed Sammon, McManus, Johnston. Sammon and McManus will get goals if they get service, Johnston has one knee and McMilan (loan player) is a goalscorer in Ireland and not done it in the top league here. I do hope McMillan does improve us and McKinnon has thrown his double six, like he did at Raith with Connolly. Id still want him gone at the end of the season or sooner as he isnt getting the best out of the players we have, no one seems to give a shit and its all too nice, we need a manager who can challenge these players to do it and not suggest in the last interview that the season starts now for Falkirk Fc

Ive not added Leitch and Moore as I think they will be simply bench players, as said, its unbalanced and not a wow squad but should be doing a hell of lot better than looking clueless each week

Plus Lewis Toshney, age 27 

6 hours ago, muppetshow said:

Gogs is one of the most hardworking, loyal and committed Falkirk fans I've ever met. I'd encourage you to focus your anger elsewhere because he is the last person that deserves it. 

Jesus how can folk get so wound up over something on a football forum. Honestly. If it’s not people saying things that aren’t 100% true, its other teams fans commenting. How can anyone take pie and bovril that seriously?