The Falkirk FC Thread

Never witnessed The Bairns at this level before, so decided at the start of the new season to put an IG a page together to document it. 

Seemed a good idea at first, then we played our first league game and I realised this page will only serve as a grim reminder of our current state.

Either way, it’s started now, so enjoy (if possible):

https://www.instagram.com/seasidebairns/

PS - any technical issues from the auld duffers on here, don’t be afraid to shout for help x

Not much of a “stroll” is it? [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

To be fair on that one he didnt have a massive budget to spend and we had an Academy back then to bring players through where as the current case we are pissing money away on an auld pals act (AGAIN) or what was tried and tested at Raith/Morton/Dundee Utd, still on a positive at least he didnt sign Willo Flood (Yet)

He signed some pish though. For every Taylor or farid there was a White, Deuchar, khalis, Howarth, Smith or Perry. Absolute dross.

9 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Anything but tbh. That Falkirk arrogance tho innit.

No really. Most clubs our size with this size of a budget advantage have strolled this league.  Queens, sevco, dunfermline once they had sorted themselves out and Livi. Wasn't really too much to ask that we could do it but we have a useless clown in charge unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not much of a “stroll” is it? emoji23.png

Seems like we’ve got ourselves another looky loo.

look·y-loo

/ˈlo͝okēˌlo͞o/

noun

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

1.    a person who comes or stops to look at something out of curiosity, especially when such attention is unwelcome.

When I come onto Pie and Bovril I think I can honestly say that 99% of my time is spent on the Falkirk thread. I occasionally look in on the various Politics threads, the predictions threads, “Top of the league and you’re no” thread, and, in the past, the BRALT, all of which are genuine multi team supporter threads, (if that is the right expression?). I will also pop into and occasionally contribute to the match threads, Falkirk vs Whoever. For full transparency, I have posted once on the Morten thread ( commiserating with them for us poaching McKinnon, would you believe) and made one post on the QoTS thread, apart from that, zilch. In the main, unless a Scottish club is going bust (see BRALT) or are about to sign Lionel Messi, then I am not interested in the minutiae of goings on at other clubs. I just don’t understand supporters of other clubs regularly going on to another team’s threads and posting (sorry, Monkey Tennis, you know that I think that you are OK). Banter about us being Box Office Bairns aside, what is the fascination?

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No really. Most clubs our size with this size of a budget advantage have strolled this league.  Queens, sevco, dunfermline once they had sorted themselves out and Livi. Wasn't really too much to ask that we could do it but we have a useless clown in charge unfortunately.

You don't even need to look at full-time teams, Arbroath absolutely pissed this league last year and had the cigars out for the last 3 months. A well organised side with a small spread of quality should find this league no problem. Looking at Falkirk's current plight, it's just the organisation part you're missing.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You don't even need to look at full-time teams, Arbroath absolutely pissed this league last year and had the cigars out for the last 3 months. A well organised side with a small spread of quality should find this league no problem. Looking at Falkirk's current plight, it's just the organisation part you're missing.

I agree totally.

22 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Please stop taking everything so literally.

37 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Seems like we’ve got ourselves another looky loo.

look·y-loo

/ˈlo͝okēˌlo͞o/

noun

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN

1.    a person who comes or stops to look at something out of curiosity, especially when such attention is unwelcome.

When I come onto Pie and Bovril I think I can honestly say that 99% of my time is spent on the Falkirk thread. I occasionally look in on the various Politics threads, the predictions threads, “Top of the league and you’re no” thread, and, in the past, the BRALT, all of which are genuine multi team supporter threads, (if that is the right expression?). I will also pop into and occasionally contribute to the match threads, Falkirk vs Whoever. For full transparency, I have posted once on the Morten thread ( commiserating with them for us poaching McKinnon, would you believe) and made one post on the QoTS thread, apart from that, zilch. In the main, unless a Scottish club is going bust (see BRALT) or are about to sign Lionel Messi, then I am not interested in the minutiae of goings on at other clubs. I just don’t understand supporters of other clubs regularly going on to another team’s threads and posting (sorry, Monkey Tennis, you know that I think that you are OK). Banter about us being Box Office Bairns aside, what is the fascination?

This is another thing I find quite odd, you've signed up for a website that was specifically created to allow Scottish football fans to engage with supporters of opposing teams, then have the audacity to act surprised when the above happens. What exactly were you expecting?

Edited by TheBrit

5 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

This is another thing I find quite odd, you've signed up for a website that was specifically created to allow Scottish football fans to engage with supporters of opposing teams, then have the audacity to act surprised when the above happens. What exactly were you expecting?

I think whilst you expect users from other teams to flit in and out now and again you do wonder why some people spend more time on our thread than on their own. I would certainly find it strange if I was more interested in what was happening with say Dundee United than my own team. Would you not? 

6 minutes ago, TheBrit said:

Claims not to appreciate the "bullying" that goes on on here but  seems happy to attempt to mock me. Gotcha.

42 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

When I come onto Pie and Bovril I think I can honestly say that 99% of my time is spent on the Falkirk thread. I occasionally look in on the various Politics threads, the predictions threads, “Top of the league and you’re no” thread, and, in the past, the BRALT, all of which are genuine multi team supporter threads, (if that is the right expression?). I will also pop into and occasionally contribute to the match threads, Falkirk vs Whoever. For full transparency, I have posted once on the Morten thread (commiserating with them for us poaching McKinnon, would you believe) and made one post on the QoTS thread, apart from that, zilch. In the main, unless a Scottish club is going bust (see BRALT) or are about to sign Lionel Messi, then I am not interested in the minutiae of goings on at other clubs. I just don’t understand supporters of other clubs regularly going on to another team’s threads and posting (sorry, Monkey Tennis, you know that I think that you are OK). Banter about us being Box Office Bairns aside, what is the fascination?

You don't care about what other clubs are up to, that's fine - other people take a bigger interest and enjoy a bit of back and forth banter. Nobody needs to be "fascinated" to take 10 seconds out of their day to say something about Falkirk.

This forum would be boring as f**k if we all stuck to our own threads and only ever conversed in match threads.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You don't care about what other clubs are up to, that's fine - other people take a bigger interest and enjoy a bit of back and forth banter. Nobody needs to be "fascinated" to take 10 seconds out of their day to say something about Falkirk.

This forum would be boring as f**k if we all stuck to our own threads and only ever conversed in match threads.

As you say a bit of back and forth banter. You pop in now and again and add to the debate. Nothing wrong with that. However, we get some folk who are on this thread every two mins over prolonged periods and yet never on their own teams thread. I'd hate to think I'd ever spend more time on another teams thread than my own.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think Shadwell Dog's earlier post said it better than me, some people seem to post more on our thread than on their own.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

As you say a bit of back and forth banter. You pop in now and again and add to the debate. Nothing wrong with that. However, we get some folk who are on this thread every two mins over prolonged periods and yet never on their own teams thread. I'd hate to think I'd ever spend more time on another teams thread than my own.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

I think Shadwell Dog's earlier post said it better than me, some people seem to post more on our thread than on their own.

Meh, wind up merchants will always be looking for an easy bite and when a bigger team like yourselves end up in the shit you become an easy target - people know you're hurting and will look to play off that anger. Easy fix for you though, put them on ignore or simply just swipe past their posts. 

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I think whilst you expect users from other teams to flit in and out now and again you do wonder why some people spend more time on our thread than on their own. I would certainly find it strange if I was more interested in what was happening with say Dundee United than my own team. Would you not? 

First off, how do you know they spend more time on this thread? Secondly equating the number of posts made on an Internet forum to genuine interest is completely daft. Now if they started attending more Falkirk games than Dundee Utd games then I would find that odd. Posts on an Internet forum that take seconds to compose? Nah, not so much. 

1 minute ago, TheBrit said:

First off, how do you know they spend more time on this thread? Secondly equating the number of posts made on an Internet forum to genuine interest is completely daft. Now if they started attending more Falkirk games than Dundee Utd games then I would find that odd. Posts on an Internet forum that take seconds to compose? Nah, not so much. 

What's your thoughts on MC?