The Falkirk FC Thread

50 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Might be true, might be pish. As has been mentioned, there are maybe a handful of clubs in world football who it's potentially reasonable to use the  "the *insert team name here* way" phrase about, due to consistently playing in either a relatively unique style or consistently being the benchmark for a certain style. The idea that Falkirk are one of these clubs is laughable. As is the idea that anyone outside of a few deluded Falkirk fans could begin to start telling you what "the Falkirk way" is.

All supporters are basically the same:
losing and playing shite football = really unhappy
losing and playing attractive football = unhappy
winning and playing shite football = happy
winning and playing attractive football = really happy

We have never been until recently a team that sits back and either plays for a draw, we have always been a fairly attacking team if you need proof of that you only need to look at games against the likes of Rangers and Hibs when they were in the Championship where we have came from behind to win.also we were the only team that broke Hearts unbeaten run in the championship quite decisively they are  pretty much a good example of a team not sitting back and trying to defend.

We for the past 3 seasons have been playing shite football or shitter than we have ever been since Eamonn Bannon and or Dave Clarke era

3 hours ago, falkirkzombie said:

Im assuming the MC bid was very impressive on paper as was his presentaion, and im sure the BtB one would have been a bit more realistic, its easy to promise the world but more difficult to actually deliver it.

I heard from a good source that his presentation was virtually non-existent & that the BTB & Alan Gow presentations were far better but I`ve no idea how true that is.

Just now, 60`s bairn said:

I heard from a good source that his presentation was virtually non-existent & that the BTB & Alan Gow presentations were far better but I`ve no idea how true that is.

They prob just went for the fact that john Park was involved and they said where do we sign up as he wouldnt risk his reputation to link up with a chancer, if this goes through then we are all hoping JP knows what he is doing as his rep will be done if this goes pear shaped. If JP does a runner in the first couple of months then i would say that would be a telling indication that MC is an even bigger chancer than we think.

4 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
12 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Ifs thats true, the money MC was offering must have been the deciding factor for them.

Wasn`t the best financial offer either from what I heard..and if that`s true, the attraction lies elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

Wasn`t the best financial offer either from what I heard..and if that`s true, the attraction lies elsewhere.

Did Gowser piss them off in his time with us as it seems to be dont sell to fans our former players as that way any misgiving wont come out publicly.

1 hour ago, Gordon EF said:

Might be true, might be pish. As has been mentioned, there are maybe a handful of clubs in world football who it's potentially reasonable to use the  "the *insert team name here* way" phrase about, due to consistently playing in either a relatively unique style or consistently being the benchmark for a certain style. The idea that Falkirk are one of these clubs is laughable. As is the idea that anyone outside of a few deluded Falkirk fans could begin to start telling you what "the Falkirk way" is.

All supporters are basically the same:
losing and playing shite football = really unhappy
losing and playing attractive football = unhappy
winning and playing shite football = happy
winning and playing attractive football = really happy

We got relegated from the top league in 92/93 and were the 4th top goalscorers in the league and tbh our wins last season were as horrific as I have ever seen and rarely was I happy about them. Id still want rid of McKinnon if he did the unthinkable and turn this around

We have had flair players or technically skillful players that you would pay to see over the last 30+yr or so, the likes of Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy topping the bill but with many others who have been below those three kings,but now its faceless players who are here for the £s under a manager who is so out of his depth.

23 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Did Gowser piss them off in his time with us as it seems to be dont sell to fans our former players as that way any misgiving wont come out publicly.

Gowser was the epitome of a model pro when he was with us. 

Some c**t want to explain to me why a shite presentation and less money got preferred bidder status, followed by a severely drawn out due diligence punctuated by numerous teenage girl style twitter sessions from MC?

Good question.

Would it be down to what’s been carried out in the background that they don’t want being found out, who you going to believe if whatever it was became public knowledge former player come dir of football, BtB guys on board or some chancer.

just surmising either that they know MC will f**k it up and doing this out of spite.

Or that they deliberately opted for the most shoddy, shaky bid so that they could have a lengthy and thorough DD process showing that they truly do have the good of the club at heart, before announcing that they discovered some things in the bid that made them concerned and that for the good of the  club, its better off if they stay in charge for another wee while for the good of the club, and in the process be the saviours of FFC like they absolutely have been all these years.  (for the good of the club).

Or maybe I'm being overly cynical.

16 hours ago, champions said:

Do you not want rid of McKinnon?

I didn't want the guy in the first place, I'd seen nothing in his managerial career which led me to believe he'd be good for Falkirk - other than just steady the ship but could not see him taking us forward. 

I have no idea why people on here lorded it up when we got him , other than to wind up the Morton fans and I cannot believe it cost us so much money to recruit him .

I believe he will be sacked & paid off soon and that will be more money.

When exactly will it be when Craig Campbell stops costing us? 

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Some c**t want to explain to me why a shite presentation and less money got preferred bidder status, followed by a severely drawn out due diligence punctuated by numerous teenage girl style twitter sessions from MC?

What a gullible p***k