The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Is "the Falkirk way" similar to "the Arbroath way"?

Falkirk over the last 30 years (give or take a few really poor managers) have played in a very attacking manor and it's the way we like to see our teams play. Ray has turned match days into a dour depressing shit fest that people are just fed up with now. I haven't a clue who could take us back to playing that way, but one thing's for sure it isn't Ray McKinnon.

Houston did start with a cautious style at first but that was dropped pretty quickly due to it not working and fan pressure.

Ray hasnt really changed all that much, we arent as defensive as we were but we are completely useless in an attacking sense and still not great in a defensive one either

1 minute ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Falkirk over the last 30 years (give or take a few really poor managers) have played in a very attacking manor and it's the way we like to see our teams play. Ray has turned match days into a dour depressing shit fest that people are just fed up with now. I haven't a clue who could take us back to playing that way, but one thing's for sure it isn't Ray McKinnon.

Eric Joyce?  He was known for his attacking behaviour down at some Manor in London. :D

1 hour ago, falkirkzombie said:

yes, some 16 year olds let down lex Millers tyres on the last game of last season therefore the full fan base cannot be trusted....if it wasn't this there would be some other ridiculous reason.

I'm assuming that he didn't actually come out and say that - but surely he's had to give a proper reason as to why the fan bid isn't acceptable? If the fans have the money and it's purely out of spite I'm amazed you're still getting over 3k through the gates.

Playing the ‘Falkirk way’, the f**k is this pish about?

We’re hardly like Barcelona with a style of play ingrained through all youth systems. In general and couldn’t give a f**k how we play as long as we win but with the competitive advantage we’ve got this season we should be going out and being attacking and aggressive with our play.

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

We’re hardly like Barcelona with a style of play ingrained through all youth systems. In general and couldn’t give a f**k how we play as long as we win but with the competitive advantage we’ve got this season we should be going out and being attacking and aggressive with our play.

Falkirk have always had a couple of technical players with a great touch and ability to beat a man ever since I started going to games in the mid 90s.

I'm assuming that he didn't actually come out and say that - but surely he's had to give a proper reason as to why the fan bid isn't acceptable? If the fans have the money and it's purely out of spite I'm amazed you're still getting over 3k through the gates.
As metal as it is The Major shareholder Group did cite it as a reason to the BtB guys.

There are people within the club who dont want the fans in under any circumstances, as for their reasons, i have no idea.

Im assuming the MC bid was very impressive on paper as was his presentaion, and im sure the BtB one would have been a bit more realistic, its easy to promise the world but more difficult to actually deliver it.

2 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

As metal as it is The Major shareholder Group did cite it as a reason to the BtB guys.

There are people within the club who dont want the fans in under any circumstances, as for their reasons, i have no idea.

Im assuming the MC bid was very impressive on paper as was his presentaion, and im sure the BtB one would have been a bit more realistic, its easy to promise the world but more difficult to actually deliver it.

The fact this Campbell character is using twitter to pass information about his bid and garner support would be extremely worrying for me.

A shame that the MSG don't want to involve the fans, sadly I fear that attitude is more prevalent in boardrooms around the country than we'd like.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Falkirk over the last 30 years (give or take a few really poor managers) have played in a very attacking manor and it's the way we like to see our teams play.

It's amazing how easily you can construct a (ludicrous) narrative for yourselves after disregarding all the times when you had haddy players and haddy managers. 

27 minutes ago, virginton said:

It's amazing how easily you can construct a (ludicrous) narrative for yourselves after disregarding all the times when you had haddy players and haddy managers. 

It's actually quite easy to ignore the shite years. But of course, Morton fans already know how to ignore shite decades years.

37 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your used to it, we're not.

Not according to Neil Scally [emoji23]

3 hours ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Might be true, might be pish. As has been mentioned, there are maybe a handful of clubs in world football who it's potentially reasonable to use the  "the *insert team name here* way" phrase about, due to consistently playing in either a relatively unique style or consistently being the benchmark for a certain style. The idea that Falkirk are one of these clubs is laughable. As is the idea that anyone outside of a few deluded Falkirk fans could begin to start telling you what "the Falkirk way" is.

All supporters are basically the same:
losing and playing shite football = really unhappy
losing and playing attractive football = unhappy
winning and playing shite football = happy
winning and playing attractive football = really happy

Edited by Gordon EF

5 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Might be true, might be pish. As has been mentioned, there are maybe a handful of clubs in world football who it's potentially reasonable to use the  "the *insert team name here* way" phrase about, due to consistently playing in either a relatively unique style or consistently being the benchmark for a certain style. The idea that Falkirk are one of these clubs is laughable. As is the idea that anyone outside of a few deluded Falkirk fans could begin to start telling you what "the Falkirk way" is.

All supporters are basically the same:
losing and playing shite football = really unhappy
losing and playing attractive football = unhappy
winning and playing shite football = happy
winning and playing attractive football = really happy

bollocks.  don't give a monkeys what other folk think.  i enjoyed watching stainrod, crunchie, latapy, samuel, sibbald, duffy etc etc .   we've had players, at least one, you'd pay to watch that could go past a man with a bit of style or flair.  noone's comparing us to barcelona.  we're saying we're used to attacking football or at least one or two flair players at our level.