The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it would be interesting to know if there's any Falkirk supporters still in favour of McKinnon remaining manager? I personally can't see it, which is sort of unique when you think back to Peter Houston and even Paul Hartley. With them there was always a band of fans wishing them to stay.

12 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Have no fear , our hero Mark Campbell will have closely followed the rantings of his Twitter Cult and will bin Ray shortly after taking control. The money it will cost to get rid of Ray could be Marky's first loan secured unless of course he has already started building the 4th stand before then.   

Do you not want rid of McKinnon?

Just now, JB22 said:

I think it would be interesting to know if there's any Falkirk supporters still in favour of McKinnon remaining manager? I personally can't see it, which is sort of unique when you think back to Peter Houston and even Paul Hartley. With them there was always a band of fans wishing them to stay.

There's always one clown who thinks its too early(45 games of pish) or the team hasn't gelled yet. Its pretty obvious that we aren't going to get any better no matter how long he gets.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

There's always one clown who thinks its too early(45 games of pish) or the team hasn't gelled yet. Its pretty obvious that we aren't going to get any better no matter how long he gets.

True. Saying that though, there's something about this time that feels pretty unanimous. He's been in the job a year now and has done absolutely nothing to suggest he's going to get us out of this mess. Doesn't help he's a right boring b*****d as well...

1 minute ago, JB22 said:

I was in favour of giving him a few more games, possibly until after the 1st round of games, however after watching us against the team that is being billed s our biggest rivals to the title on Sat i now want shot of him, Raith Rovers were faster, stronger and in general just looked a better team than us, I still actually think he could get us promoted but even if he did I wouldnt want him leading us into a championship season. I also can't see anything changing until either the MC takeover goes though or its announced that its a dead deal, so we may have to put up with him for a bit longer.

Ray does not need any longer to prove to us he is not a very good manager.

If there were just some signs of improvement on the park, there would be some argument to give him a bit longer. But, if anything, he has spent a lot of money to take us backwards.

Ray appears to have one way of playing, and that has been sussed out, and Ray is lost as to how to change the team set-up. 

One definition of madness is to do the same thing time and time again and expect a different outcome, by this definition it appears that Ray is completely insane.

3 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

The only positive so far is I've not been that impressed by any off the opposition teams we have played so far, they have all been organised except dumbarton but have never came away thinking they look a good team

It's a league where teams are close in quality therefore being pragmatic is the rule and its dog eat dog. It would not surprise me at the end of the season that 4 wins could be the difference between a play off position and relegation play off. 

How's about a bit of patience and get the right owners in? Not some cowboy who will more than likely ruin us. 
Just to be clear just because I don't want Campbell anywhere near the club doesn't mean I want the current mob to stay. 
What I'd like to happen is to change the manager. Get someone in that will get us looking forward not going on a Saturday again. New owners won't happen over night but I do want the current lot gone but only if the new owners that come in have the best interests of the club at heart. 
Will there be such a thing as the right owners? The MSG won't sell to BTB, which only leaves it open for unknown businessmen, as I don't see some well known multi millionaire rocking up to buy Falkirk. Personally, I think we'll either have to stick with what we have or gamble on someone like MC. Some fans are slagging others for getting behind MC, however, these same fans seem to think a knight in shining armour will come and save us, which isn't going to happen.

I'm not sure about MC at all but I get the feeling we would all be asking the same questions whoever was buying the club.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's a league where teams are close in quality therefore being pragmatic is the rule and its dog eat dog. It would not surprise me at the end of the season that 4 wins could be the difference between a play off position and relegation play off. 

If we finish anywhere near the relegation zone then just shut the doors and hand the keys back to the Council and Superfan Alexander.

22 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Will there be such a thing as the right owners? The MSG won't sell to BTB, which only leaves it open for unknown businessmen, as I don't see some well known multi millionaire rocking up to buy Falkirk. Personally, I think we'll either have to stick with what we have or gamble on someone like MC. Some fans are slagging others for getting behind MC, however, these same fans seem to think a knight in shining armour will come and save us, which isn't going to happen.

I'm not sure about MC at all but I get the feeling we would all be asking the same questions whoever was buying the club.

And rightly so!

The issue is not the questions, it's the vague or downright worrying answers!

You have just wrote Rays LinkedIn...

Career Highlights
I managed to keep Falkirk in the 3rd division by being undefeated in 5 games at home and was only 4 wins from the play offs.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Has there ever been a reason for not selling to the fan backed bid?

yes, some 16 year olds let down lex Millers tyres on the last game of last season therefore the full fan base cannot be trusted....if it wasn't this there would be some other ridiculous reason.

3 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

How's about a bit of patience and get the right owners in? Not some cowboy who will more than likely ruin us. 

Just to be clear just because I don't want Campbell anywhere near the club doesn't mean I want the current mob to stay. 

What I'd like to happen is to change the manager. Get someone in that will get us looking forward not going on a Saturday again. New owners won't happen over night but I do want the current lot gone but only if the new owners that come in have the best interests of the club at heart. 

Patience??  My patience ran out when that p***k Ritchie stuck 2 fingers up to the fans and awarded Pressley a 3 year contract. 

No one other than BtB will have the best interests of the club at heart, but thanks to the spiteful MSG c***s, that won’t happen.

2 hours ago, JB22 said:

The Stennie fan it seems

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers-2-falkirk-0-your-views-1-4999941