The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The number of times I've sat at TFS and spoke with my many many Falkirk mates about stuff that is in your face obvious that various FFC managers miss is incredible.

It seems as soon as you sit in a dugout you become blind. Maybe this is why certain managers prefer to watch from a higher position in the stand.

Whilst I'm slagging managers for missing the obvious I feel a word on our fans is needed. See when we get a corner can you please stop cheering them.

It's been a long time since we crossed 1 In and watched someone power a header into the net.

Probably equates to something like 1/150 we score from. Listening to seals clapping a corner is when you realise fans are like sheep.

Give us a break we've got feck all else to cheer at the moment.

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Give us a break we've got feck all else to cheer at the moment.

I'm harsh but fair.

Listening to fans at Airdrie cheer the corner award and then 30 secs moan about how shit it was is quite an experience to sit through.

At what point do fans learn?

There’s a horrific thought creeping into my mind. Now this is controversial, but hear (or read) me out.

I think (all things being equal) that Hartley just might be a better manager than McKinnon. If you set aside the madness of summer 2018, and the lack of clarity on who did what twixt Hartley, Super Mitch and our illustrious CEO, then Hartley taking the reins to avoid relegation was actually very successful.
He was also effective at Alloa. I don’t think anything that McKinnon has done comes anywhere close to Hartley’s high points.

As a decent human being, things are very different of course.

McKinnon has never won a league title of any sort as a manager, and that doesn’t look like it’s going to change this season. His post match interview was cringeworthy, and you can see he is laying the blame at the feet of the players.

Then he tops it off with “Our season starts now” nonsense. Just bewildering stuff.

Just now, JinglinGeordie said:

So you're telling fans they should only clap or get behind the team when there's a clear goalscoring opportunity?

Sighs heavily. .....yes...that's what I said.

The beauty of the written word is nobody can say you said something you didn't. Or so I thought

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Sighs heavily. .....yes...that's what I said.

The beauty of the written word is nobody can say you said something you didn't. Or so I thought

What about a dangerous free-kick outside the box? Are they allowed to clap/cheer then? 

Edited by JinglinGeordie

2 minutes ago, JinglinGeordie said:

What about a dangerous free-kick outside the box? Are they allowed to clap/cheer then? 

Why are you struggling with this so much?

Fans quite rightly have a go when Ray missed the bloody obvious week after week.

When I point out the fans miss the bloody obvious week after week I get shit from you.

Not my fault I can spot what's Infront of me.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Why are you struggling with this so much?

Fans quite rightly have a go when Ray missed the bloody obvious week after week.

When I point out the fans miss the bloody obvious week after week I get shit from you.

Not my fault I can spot what's Infront of me.

What happens when you do next score from a corner, are fans allowed to cheer/clap the following corner?

What happens when you do next score from a corner, are fans allowed to cheer/clap the following corner?

I can’t help. The pages that cover this scenario are missing from my supporters handbook. Sorry.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He'll go it just depends on whether its sooner rather than later. We have shown no signs of any improvement over the past few weeks so it's basically going to be like this till the current or new bod decide enough is enough.  Fortunately it looks like most of the other sides are of pretty similar standards to each other so chances are none will shoot off into a big lead and we just need to hope that someone sees sense and emptys him before it's too late.

Who do we go for ? Who would want the gig in the state we are in. Look at it from a potential managers point of view. Ownership up in the air. They would be the 3rd manager in 3 seasons. High player turnover with no continuity. No young players to work on. 

Before we do anything get the ownership settled. With that comes a new business plan. Then and only then do we sort out a new manager and hopefully a few seasons of continuity.

4 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Who do we go for ? Who would want the gig in the state we are in. Look at it from a potential managers point of view. Ownership up in the air. They would be the 3rd manager in 3 seasons. High player turnover with no continuity. No young players to work on. 

Before we do anything get the ownership settled. With that comes a new business plan. Then and only then do we sort out a new manager and hopefully a few seasons of continuity.

That's what I said m8. Either the current board or the new board will have to make a decision at some point depending on whether the takeover goes through or not. We cant go on indefinitely playing like we are without something happening. We just need to hope things move quickly now before we're out of the title race altogether.

Actually, Houston with JP as a Director of Football wouldn't be a bad shout. Houston was weak on recruitment, strong on coaching & tactics so let JP get the players whilst Houston gets them playing together. Maybe with Kerr as an Assistant Manager being blooded for the future.

Guest Ecosse83
6 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Actually, Houston with JP as a Director of Football wouldn't be a bad shout. Houston was weak on recruitment, strong on coaching & tactics so let JP get the players whilst Houston gets them playing together. Maybe with Kerr as an Assistant Manager being blooded for the future.

Not gonna lie but I'd fucking love that set up over what we have right now.