The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Honestly how long are yous going to stick with McKinnon? He’s had more than enough time to “turn things around” but just seems to go from one disaster (relegation) to another (mediocre start to the season) 

Fans have given up on him its the bod that need to boot him asap.

This is depressing reading this morning. There is no doubt that McKinnon is the most negative manager we have ever had. He’s also tactically inept which is a shocking combo. It’s horrible going to watch his teams.

The fact he survived a relegation and is still in charge tells me this current board ain’t going to sack him.

Reality check for everyone. WE AIN’T GOING UP !!

17 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

For Raith that is the best I've seen them play for a while and they really gave the FFC   "defence" the runaround, no shape, no plan, no ideas, sad really.

Onwards (and maybe) upwards guys....BUT... you are gonna have a few sad Saturdays in the third tier if what I saw today is typical of FFC.

McKinnon must stay!!

Goalie apart, that will at some point be our back 4 in league business, you build your team from the back and we are a shambles there also

17 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ray seems to think "happy to take a draw" is the same as making no attempt to win.

I dont think you can throw that at him this season, he is just fukn clueless in the objective in how to attack

16 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Totten caretaker ?

I'd take Jean picking the team for noo

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

He should have gone in May. Alright he inherited an absolute mess from Hartley but he had enough time to turn things round.

He signed Lavery and Todorov, both of whom seem to be doing fine at new clubs and never gave them a chance. Zak was a star but he needed help and that was clear to see.

His negative, boring tactics got us relegated and for that he should have been sacked. We will do nothing with him at the helm.

Agree Harry. I can’t remember any manager we’ve had being as negative as this.

We are horrible to watch.

Surely it’s time for Mark Campbell and the Falkirk board to shit or get off the toilet. Thought it was all going to be done and dusted before the transfer window closed? The longer this goes on the longer Ray continues as manager and the less time any new manger has to turn it around.

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

At least he signed Burgess and Gunner which were good signings.

We also weren’t at level 3 of Scottish Football at the time.

McKinnon is a diddy no matter how much anyone wants to dress it up.

Dave Clarke was pragmatic. Marshall and Burgess were superb signings and he set the team out to survive. Big physical side not pretty to watch but he did keep us in the top league by winning at Parkhead.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Dave Clarke was pragmatic. Marshall and Burgess were superb signings and he set the team out to survive. Big physical side not pretty to watch but he did keep us in the top league by winning at Parkhead.

was that the Jimmy Gilmour effort hitting the divot and bouncing over Packie Bonner? I was there that day!

Just checked, Gilmour's goal was in '86 under Lamont, Clarke's reign was from Feb '87 'til Aug '88.

Edited by Bairn in Exile
checked info

33 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

25 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Gordon Marshall too.

Don’t forget Hugh Hill, to make up the foursome that Clarkie took with him and thus ended any chance East fife had of making it into the Premier League!!! 

30 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

was that the Jimmy Gilmour effort hitting the divot and bouncing over Packie Bonner? I was there that day!

Just checked, Gilmour's goal was in '86 under Lamont, Clarke's reign was from Feb '87 'til Aug '88.

Gilmour scored in the second last game of the season , so it would have been April or May 1987.

Lamont got us up, but bowed out as he felt it needed a FT manager, so Clarke stepped in, and saved us that season. We went down in 1988 and he got punted after 3 games of the 88/89 season and Jim Duffy took over.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

44 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My mind was taken back to Dave Clarke`s era too as the football was very negative..so much so that for the first time in 25 years I refused to buy a season ticket. However, in his defence, we were in the Premier League and he did hit teams on the break. What we are witnessing at the moment is much worse.

14 hours ago, AGPar said:

That's not true though, certainly not recently. Hartley got 3 league games and was out before the end of August. Houston failed to win any of his first seven league games the season before and was gone by mid September. You can accuse them of many, many things but I don't think failure to react in relation to an undeforming manager is one of them. I thought they were pretty ruthless in both of these decisions. Where I would question them is in the apparent complete lack of any scrutiny of his position at the end of last season after a woeful last 7 or 8 weeks culminating in relegation. McKinnon appeared to vanish for four or five weeks and the board went to ground whilst the flak was flying. Strong leadership was required, none was forthcoming. The difference may be that the likes of Lang and obviously Campbell are no longer in situ and someone like Miller is seemingly running the football side of things (god help us) and would presumably be front and centre of any decisions on hiring and firing. Confidence in all levels of management at the club amongst supporters must be at an all time low. 

Hartley is the only example I can think of of the board acting decisively. They dithered for far too long with Houston, and I would argue that the main reason we're in this situation is because they gave the hapless May far, far too much time when it was obvious from about three games in to that season that he was hopelessly out of his depth.

ETA I agree completely with your second point though. He should have been binned in May.

Edited by Gaz