The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Enigma said:

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that the Falkirk board have destroyed a once decent club that used to produce their own talent or the fact that their fans have allowed them to get away with it. I remember the mass protests during the Anelka days, why are Falkirk fans meekly purchasing season tickets and then only having a wee whinge online? That board of yours should be hounded out the club.

Worked well for you guys anyway. You're in a worse state than us ffs.

I don’t know what’s worse, the fact that the Falkirk board have destroyed a once decent club that used to produce their own talent or the fact that their fans have allowed them to get away with it. I remember the mass protests during the Anelka days, why are Falkirk fans meekly purchasing season tickets and then only having a wee whinge online? That board of yours should be hounded out the club.
Of all the boring, endlessly repeated drivel on here as if League 1 is some mysterious far off land, the constant iterations of "once proud" "deserve better" etc are tied for most boring with "if you think that you will skate it" and "Falkirk fans need to realise...."

Change the record ffs. The games are boring as f**k for us we dont need our thread buried under the weight of a thousand equally inane takes on a very simple to understand situation.

Worked well for you guys anyway. You're in a worse state than us ffs.

The clowns that put us down (Drysdale, Young etc.) here are long gone, we’re still sorting out their mess but we’re in a much better place than we were 3 years ago.

If you can't afford to sack a hopeless manager what chances do you have of poaching Young from us? Good luck [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

See, these dafties go on about us not understanding this league. Pretty clear they don't understand how big clubs operate either.

Oh i see, so big clubs just plod along with a hopeless manager and hope for the best? I understand now. Should easily walk this league with 100 plus points they say...

See, these dafties go on about us not understanding this league. Pretty clear they don't understand how big clubs operate either.

Anyone know how much it’ll cost to buyout Ray? He’s signed through May 2020, so it’ll have to be a cash deal. Will the budget allow it before the takeover?

About 30k I would guess plus another 15k or so for his assistant

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
11 minutes ago, EFFC1938 said:
If you can't afford to sack a hopeless manager what chances do you have of poaching Young from us? Good luck emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

What's that got to do with Falkirk?

25 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The clowns that put us down (Drysdale, Young etc.) here are long gone, we’re still sorting out their mess but we’re in a much better place than we were 3 years ago.

You are a warning to us what can happen if the fans don't act.

10 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

I can’t believe how many league one supporters there are on this thread with no sense of humour and serious chips on their shoulders. Anyone who actually reads this thread would know that many of our own believe we have a team who should be capable of walking the league stifled by a manager who doesn’t have a clue.
I must admit, I’m not convinced that many of the players are as good as they are portrayed, but my main concern is that I genuinely don’t think half of them care a fig. The days of players that cared such as Vaulks, Sibbald etc are now long behind us since this strategy was adopted by the board.
The difference today was that the Raith players went out to prove a point that they are capable of winning the division. We went out thinking we’d breeze it, but, as usual never even looked like scoring....

I think it's harsh of fans to claim Falkirk fans all thought they were going to stroll the league, fans of most clubs thought that. Myself included, that was until I actually saw them play. I think it is more they thought they should stroll the league given their budget, not that they would stroll it. With their budget they should be strolling the league and it is fair enough to be raging that given the money spent they look really poor.

On paper the names look pretty good, but some aren't as good as people probably think (McManus, Telfer, Tidser) and tactically they looked way off it last week. There is also a certain profile of player that does well in this league which is energetic, in your face and aggressive, Falkirk seem to have built more of a slow, ponderous possession based side. Unless the players are amazing that really struggles to work in this league. Plus there is the added factor that teams will all be raising their game to play Falkirk and be that bit more aggressive, unless Falkirk are willing to deal with that they are going to have a tough season. The winning points total will be very low this year due to the competitive nature of the league which means they do have time to sort things out, if this had been last season they would already have been in real danger given how Arbroath steamed ahead so early on.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

I think it's harsh of fans to claim Falkirk fans all thought they were going to stroll the league, fans of most clubs thought that. Myself included, that was until I actually saw them play. I think it is more they thought they should stroll the league given their budget, not that they would stroll it. With their budget they should be strolling the league and it is fair enough to be raging that given the money spent they look really poor.

On paper the names look pretty good, but some aren't as good as people probably think (McManus, Telfer, Tidser) and tactically they looked way off it last week. There is also a certain profile of player that does well in this league which is energetic, in your face and aggressive, Falkirk seem to have built more of a slow, ponderous possession based side. Unless the players are amazing that really struggles to work in this league. Plus there is the added factor that teams will all be raising their game to play Falkirk and be that bit more aggressive, unless Falkirk are willing to deal with that they are going timid have a tough season. The winning points total will be very low this year due to the competitive nature of the league which means they do have time to sort things out, if this had been last season they would already have been in real danger given how Arbroath steamed ahead so early on.

To be fair all of us said the key words on the team "ON PAPER" it should win the league, unfortunately games arent played on paper and we realised that teams would set out to frustrate us.  Its not helped much by a manager that is just as much of a hindrance.

I think most of our support going by the football and also MSG we are pretty much past the point of caring now which shows how much of a shambles we are both on and off the field.

Hit the nail on the head.

If someone looks clearly from the outside at the actions of the majority of the support they would clearly see a support that has been indoctrinated into accepting virtually anything.

They had the chance this summer to make a statement and not buy an ST and just PATG. Over 2,000 rolled over and coughed up like good little boys and girls.

The MSG and Board at the same time said that you are not fit to run your own club and we will be going with someone who has a lot of doubts about him.

A lot of fans have lapped it up, trusted the MSG have made a good call, even after their disastrous track record. You really could not make up the logic of that trust.

I have travelled up and down the motorway from Yorkshire for the best part of 15 years now. Yesterday morning I didn’t feel great after being up in the night but would have jumped in my car in the past but the reality is I am wasting my money.

Campbell is a disaster in the waiting IMO. It may not be for 2/3 years but it will happen.

14 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

On paper the names look pretty good, but some aren't as good as people probably think (McManus, Telfer, Tidser) and tactically they looked way off it last week. There is also a certain profile of player that does well in this league which is energetic, in your face and aggressive, Falkirk seem to have built more of a slow, ponderous possession based side. Unless the players are amazing that really struggles to work in this league. Plus there is the added factor that teams will all be raising their game to play Falkirk and be that bit more aggressive, unless Falkirk are willing to deal with that they are going to have a tough season. The winning points total will be very low this year due to the competitive nature of the league which means they do have time to sort things out, if this had been last season they would already have been in real danger given how Arbroath steamed ahead so early on.

McManus scored 24 goals the last time he dropped to this level. He should be more than good enough if used properly.

7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If someone looks clearly from the outside at the actions of the majority of the support they would clearly see a support that has been indoctrinated into accepting virtually anything.

They had the chance this summer to make a statement and not buy an ST and just PATG. Over 2,000 rolled over and coughed up like good little boys and girls.

The MSG and Board at the same time said that you are not fit to run your own club and we will be going with someone who has a lot of doubts about him.

A lot of fans have lapped it up, trusted the MSG have made a good call, even after their disastrous track record. You really could not make up the logic of that trust.

I have travelled up and down the motorway from Yorkshire for the best part of 15 years now. Yesterday morning I didn’t feel great after being up in the night but would have jumped in my car in the past but the reality is I am wasting my money.

Campbell is a disaster in the waiting IMO. It may not be for 2/3 years but it will happen.

I think its got to the stage where the apathy has set in with them as well and with them IF they accept MC its a case of "we no longer care its not our problem any more you wanted rid you got what you wanted regardless of the implications or what happens next its not upto them"

100% spot on

Have said for a while the only thing that would get the message through to our board/msg was a drop in season tickets. As a support we should have stayed strong and not renewed, en-mass we didn't and we are reaping what we have sown.

If we continue to rock up in our thousands there won't be change. I personally don't think the MC take over will go through, my opinion only but I don't think certain members on our MSG wan't to sell and they have picked the MC bid as they know he doesn't have the funds.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, this is just my opinion and I would be delighted if MC does turn out to be the knight in shining armour we have all dreamed of.

2 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

It will be interesting to see how things pan out now. I think it's pretty obvious the manager isn't going to work and as soon as this amount of fans are against the manager it's usually curtains. 

As for a replacement I'd ask the question of Scott Gemmill. Very highly thought of and could be wanting to cut his teeth in club management now. Not sure if we could afford him but asking the question wouldn't hurt. 

Falkirk had a reputation for standing by their managers through hard times and giving them a chance to turn things round. We were never known as a hire and fire club. If anything when a job came up there were no shortages of applications because of that.

The problems we have now started the season after the cup final.

It was obvious that the team had to be rebuilt. McDonald was going anyway. Duffy  and Grant tragically  injured. Vaulks , Alston and Sibbald the best balanced midfield we have had for years moving on to bigger challenges. Loy got a gig at an SPL club. But Houston did not get the funds and the rest is history.

It all went wrong for Houston and I felt sorry for him at the end. He had gone toe to toe with Rangers , Hearts , Hibs , Dundee United and bettered them and came so close and nobody could question it was a team that tried and never gave up.

Great player and I hope in time he will be remembered for that.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Falkirk had a reputation for standing by their managers through hard times and giving them a chance to turn things round. We were never known as a hire and fire club. If anything when a job came up there were no shortages of applications because of that.

The problems we have now started the season after the cup final.

It was obvious that the team had to be rebuilt. McDonald was going anyway. Duffy  and Grant tragically  injured. Vaulks , Alston and Sibbald the best balanced midfield we have had for years moving on to bigger challenges. Loy got a gig at an SPL club. But Houston did not get the funds and the rest is history.

It all went wrong for Houston and I felt sorry for him at the end. He had gone toe to toe with Rangers , Hearts , Hibs , Dundee United and bettered them and came so close and nobody could question it was a team that tried and never gave up.

Great player and I hope in time he will be remembered for that.

He may not have been given a fortune but his recruitment was utter dross in the main. Alex Harris for fecks sake. The only two signings he made that were any good were Baird and Kerr.