The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

As I've said before, I think McKinnon should have gone after relegation, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt going into this season. Was happy with the squad he built - it is more than good enough to win this league, but it isn't happening. Time to go. We can't afford to gamble promotion this season.

Agree ! but worryingly  who would want to come to Falkirk in the situation we find ourselves. the only option is to stick with McKinnon until the ownership drama is settled. Nobody of any quality will come near us until that is done.

53 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Wouldn’t dispute your assessment of our starting teams exploits tbf. But my angle of interest is, if you guys are going to be our biggest competition then maybe not all is lost. 

Sammon, McManus, Tidser and Gomis would have improved our performance no doubt, perhaps not the outcome but definitely better performances than they people who were given a chance today. 

Don't dispute your assessment either...but don't discount Forfar or, especially, East Fife. EF look very strong this year, and have some depth to weather injuries.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agree ! but worryingly  who would want to come to Falkirk in the situation we find ourselves. the only option is to stick with McKinnon until the ownership drama is settled. Nobody of any quality will come near us until that is done.

It's a brilliant situation to come in to - best facilities and biggest budget in the league by a mile. If you're competent you should win the league.

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I'd just tell him to stay away from the club for a few weeks and get someone else to take the team on a temp basis till the takeover is complete or doesn't happen. It's obvious the players cant stand his tactics and philosophy and have downed tools.  Surely someone else couldn't do any worse and you never know they may even manage to get the players playing. Let's face it we are getting nothing as long as this fuckwit continues in charge.

For Seaside 1, the players we have are good enough. The manager we have is not. That is really all there is to it.

If McKinnon has friends in the media, he is going to need them. It should be clear to everyone now that he is a dud.

The owners need to make their move pretty damned quickly.

Just now, Marshmallo said:

It's a brilliant situation to come in to - best facilities and biggest budget in the league by a mile. If you're competent you should win the league.

Agree we should be a gig somebody would want - but it comes down to how the club is seen at the moment. New owner then maybe their own idea on who they want as a manager. That plants enough doubt to put people off. 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd just tell him to stay away from the club for a few weeks and get someone else to take the team on a temp basis till the takeover is complete or doesn't happen. It's obvious the players cant stand his tactics and philosophy and have downed tools.  Surely someone else couldn't do any worse and you never know they may even manage to get the players playing. Let's face it we are getting nothing as long as this fuckwit continues in charge.

Totten caretaker ?

if McKinnon does go he's cost us a fortune. taken us down, compensation, wages, and also lower crowds due to relegation and turgid football. add Hartley into the mix and we really have wasted so much money on terminating employing managers and swapping playing staff every 6 months. what an inefficient way to run a club.

recruit someone, anyone who's mantra is to play attacking entertaining football. what I'd give for an Ian McCall right now...

It's a shame Lee Bullen wouldn't come back up to Scotland. Always done well at sheff wed when asked to take charge. 

Not while a certain director is at the club he won’t