The Falkirk FC Thread

Your play from midfield to forwards was terrible. Whenever you got someone deep, into a corner, your crosses looked dangerous, otherwise it was either lob a cross from 30 yards out on the wing into the box or try to move the ball/drive through the middle and lose possession. Defending was average or so, with some crazy mental erros, two of which gave away penaties. Goalie looked pretty good.

With the exception of Dumbarton that’s been pretty much it so far. The man is so tactically inept its crazy he’s lasted this long.

that's the last 4 away games and we haven't scored a goal, never mind a win. all against tier 3 teams as well. not only that the entertainment value has been shocking.

while the manager has to take ultimate responsibility these players need to take a long hard look at themselves, most playing a tier at least below where they are accustomed to and probably on more money than most if not all rivals. shameful

we've only played to standard one game this season. simply not good enough

You are a third tier club, stop pretending to be a Championship club.

5 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

With the exception of Dumbarton that’s been pretty much it so far. The man is so tactically inept its crazy he’s lasted this long.

Also, his panic last minute signings when he realised his squad was to small are all crap.

And, what type of full time club doesn’t have a gk on the bench ?? 

You are a third tier club, stop pretending to be a Championship club.

Steady, it’s taken you Boys three years of humblings to come to that same conclusion!!!

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Your play from midfield to forwards was terrible. Whenever you got someone deep, into a corner, your crosses looked dangerous, otherwise it was either lob a cross from 30 yards out on the wing into the box or try to move the ball/drive through the middle and lose possession. Defending was average or so, with some crazy mental erros, two of which gave away penaties. Goalie looked pretty good.

Out of interest was that your ‘starting 11’ from the start of today? If so I’d fancy our chances were we to play our starting 11. Even though they aren’t much better the likes of Leitch, Moore and Longridge haven’t been seen as starters for the ‘bread and butter’ league games. 

I was quite surprised you only managed to score from two soft penalties as we’re pretty shite at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Steady, it’s taken you Boys three years of humblings to come to that same conclusion!!!

This sums it up!!

I genuinely felt sorry for Falkirk Faithful who made it through today. 

After the first 15 minutes there was only one team trying. McKinnon is no kind of Manager, you have a team sheet with a load of really big names ( at this level) but they are not playing as a team!!

For Raith that is the best I've seen them play for a while and they really gave the FFC   "defence" the runaround, no shape, no plan, no ideas, sad really.

Onwards (and maybe) upwards guys....BUT... you are gonna have a few sad Saturdays in the third tier if what I saw today is typical of FFC.

McKinnon must stay!!

6 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Out of interest was that your ‘starting 11’ from the start of today? If so I’d fancy our chances were we to play our starting 11. Even though they aren’t much better the likes of Leitch, Moore and Longridge haven’t been seen as starters for the ‘bread and butter’ league games. 

I was quite surprised you only managed to score from two soft penalties as we’re pretty shite at the moment. 

Damn close to the only lineup we can field. We started with 16 healthy and eligible. Add Vaughan (surprise) and subtract Bowie for sure and Davi possibly, we’re still up against it.

Your reserve team (pretty much who played today) looked little different than your starting team the last few road games. You have a bunch of player with experience above League One, but who don’t seem to be adapting to League One well and who certainly don’t look like they practice together. If Ray or whomever can conjure some team play, you’ll do well in this League...until then...

Actually thought we started ok, at least had a bit of width in the team. First penalty was horrendous and so were we thereafter.  The lad fell into our player who was jumping for the ball and for whatever reason the ref gave it, awful decision.

2nd penalty probably was one for me, looked like mcshane clipped his feet. 

Raith probably should have scored a third before we got our very soft penalty.  Had that gone in then who knows but overall we were still very poor as we have literally no idea how to attack.

Must win for McKinnon next week, but it would just be prolonging the inevitable, the guy is clueless and has to go.

Edited by champions

Seeing as the footie is boring uninspiring pish these days what sort of crowd do we reckon went today? We know that’s what decides leagues positions and all that.

also we round of best lineups? Mines -

Mutch (Bell injured) 

Miller Durnan Buchanan Dixon

Telfer Gomis Tidser Connolly

McManus Sammon

The biggest thing for me is the fact we haven’t improved in over a month. The Montrose game should have been a wake up call. We wouldn’t have won if it hadn’t been for that keeper error. We haven’t scored or looked like scoring since. Nothing has changed so whatever he is doing at training isn’t working.

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Damn close to the only lineup we can field. We started with 16 healthy and eligible. Add Vaughan (surprise) and subtract Bowie for sure and Davi possibly, we’re still up against it.

Your reserve team (pretty much who played today) looked little different than your starting team the last few road games. You have a bunch of player with experience above League One, but who don’t seem to be adapting to League One well and who certainly don’t look like they practice together. If Ray or whomever can conjure some team play, you’ll do well in this League...until then...

Wouldn’t dispute your assessment of our starting teams exploits tbf. But my angle of interest is, if you guys are going to be our biggest competition then maybe not all is lost. 

Sammon, McManus, Tidser and Gomis would have improved our performance no doubt, perhaps not the outcome but definitely better performances than they people who were given a chance today. 

1 minute ago, CC52 FFC said:

The biggest thing for me is the fact we haven’t improved in over a month. The Montrose game should have been a wake up call. We wouldn’t have won if it hadn’t been for that keeper error. We haven’t scored or looked like scoring since. Nothing has changed so whatever he is doing at training isn’t working.

Yeah totally agree, for me it’s the work during the week that’s clearly not right just now. Needs to be addressed pronto or Ray and Darren will find themselves on the dole. Let’s remember Hartley only still has a job cause his family ties at cove.

Ray's LinkedIn profile is looking more delusional by the minute. Given that he has failed to mention his incompetence and duplicity with Morton looks as though Falkirk ain't going to get a mention there either.

Why don't you punt your smug faced assistant manager ang bring in Hopkin as your defensive coach.  The resulting team would be a hoot to watch.

Canny be fucked wi all the hot takes about how "we are going to struggle in this league if x y and z."

Pretty fucking obvious regardless of time spent in this league or any other that when you have a manager who goes away from home with zero intent to try and win matches it is going to backfire with losses and it is going to be turgid for the fans.

Folk need to remember that no one fucking team including Clyde has looked any good. All thats happening is teams are taking advantage of a puzzlingly passive, slow and ponderous approach from us right from the word go.

We are inviting them to take a point or three, they are following the script.

There is no analysis about "disrespecting the league" or whatever tired cliche is going to come out next, we are getting exactly what we are being set up to get.

The evidence was there last season actually I can remember myself and few others discussing the fact that (in context with when Queens beat Utd at Tannadice and IIRC did Alloa not beat County away?) we were just never getting a freak 3 points like that because theres just no way we would go and take the chance even whilst trying for a draw.

Ray seems to think "happy to take a draw" is the same as making no attempt to win.

7 minutes ago, champions said:

Actually thought we started ok, at least had a bit of width in the team. First penalty was horrendous and so were we thereafter.  The lad fell into our player who was jumping for the ball and for whatever reason the ref gave it, awful decision.

2nd penalty probably was one for me, looked like mcshane clipped his feet. 

Raith probably should have scored a third before we got our very soft penalty.  Had that gone in then who knows but overall we were still very poor as we have literally no idea how to attack.

Must win for McKinnon next week, but it would just be prolonging the inevitable, the guy is clueless and has to go.

First Div faves. Give me a break.Had yous on ma coupon today.Usual Bairns let me doon.Long season ahead..Pish.!!!

5 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

4.21pm Falkirk's first shot on target - a 20 yarder from McShane that the keeper throws his bunnet over. 

Falkirk fans have to get real.Yes you are a big club,relatively speaking. And a great away support at the moment.One of my best freinds is a Falkirk supporter And even hes saying worrieying times ahead for the Bairns on and off the field. Ffs sake Falkirk,get a grip. 

Club can’t afford to wait to be sold before sorting out the manager. If they are selling to Campbell it isn’t happening in 5 minutes so get their heads together and bring in whoever they are wanting now. If they are not selling hunt him Monday morning if not before. Oh wait acting Chairman is away on holiday