The Falkirk FC Thread

Rumours there could be another 2 still to come in.

If 1 isn’t a left back I’ll be fucking seething.

Callum Booth still no signed up by anyone after leaving Dundee Utd and the whole Bury situation in the summer. Rory McKeown and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair both free agents as well.

Wonder if there’s any chance of us loaning out Johnstone and/or Leitch as well. I’d imagine their game time is going to be very limited.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Prospective Falkirk buyer Mark Campbell insists his bid for the League One club remains on track despite attempts to destroy his credibility. (Daily Mail, print edition)

Bexley is bloomin bonkers

In the full article he confirms he has not spoken to the MSG in weeks and his contact with them is via one single POC.

He’s a nutcase. No way this is happening.

Be nice if our club had the decency to issue a comms to us long suffering fans though.

Callum Booth still no signed up by anyone after leaving Dundee Utd and the whole Bury situation in the summer. Rory McKeown and Aaron Taylor-Sinclair both free agents as well.

Wonder if there’s any chance of us loaning out Johnstone and/or Leitch as well. I’d imagine their game time is going to be very limited.

All three of those left backs would be streets ahead of Dixon.

Guest Ecosse83

Just read the Falkirk herald article, McKinnon really is a bloody fool. He is actually blaming the players for not taking the 2 chances the team created against Airdrie. 

He should concentrate on the team creating more chances not bringing in another striker in the hope he will take 1 of the few chances we will create. 

Get rid of the clown right now!!

1 hour ago, Russ said:

3 great shouts, he took McKeowen to raith and Morton very surprised he never rocked up in the summer.

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Just read the Falkirk herald article, McKinnon really is a bloody fool. He is actually blaming the players for not taking the 2 chances the team created against Airdrie. 

He should concentrate on the team creating more chances not bringing in another striker in the hope he will take 1 of the few chances we will create. 

Get rid of the clown right now!!

Agreed.  We should be capable of putting teams under a high press and forcing them into mistakes.  Surely having a full time team would give us some advantage in terms of fitness, organisation and attacking intent. Apart from dumbarton I've yet to see it.

Edited by champions

2 hours ago, Radford said:

Those stats that Falkirk published were wrong. He started over 120 games for Dundalk in his 3 or 4 years there and scored over 70 goals. 

I saw every game he played for Saints and I'm still not sure what type of player he is, or certainly what his strengths are. His career in Perth is done but will watch with interest to see how he does with the Bairns. 

It was soccerbase, they can be a little wayward with players in Ireland. 

You obviously have watched his goals in Ireland on YouTube and you can see why St Johnstone signed him, one can hope it's been too big a jump from Ireland to our top league and he feels at home in the third tier. 

While admittedly we've been far from great in basically every game other than Dumbarton, I don't think it is as bad as some of you are making it out to be. I think we have been relatively unlucky in-front of goal recently. We are getting the shots on goal (27 on target so far, one of the highest in the whole of Scotland, although admittedly I'm not sure how many of these came from one game), we just aren't converting them. Two games on the bounce where we have had the goalkeeper of Clyde and Airdrie feature in SPFL's Team of the Week. That's not going to happen every week is it? 

Width from wingers is required and I hope we see it soon because Dixon and Doyle going forward are hopeless, but I think there has been a pretty big overreaction on every platform available.