The Falkirk FC Thread

28 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This.
Spent last Saturday painting the spare room instead of going to Airdrie and this week it’s neck and neck between Kirkcaldy and IKEA.
It’s just not right!

It's a wee stroll through Perth with 10,000-20,000 like minded folk for me this weekend.

4 minutes ago, oot_the_loop said:

I cant be ersed to check the dates, so was it Rakish Bingham or Botti Biabi that kept him out of the accies team?

Steve Davies...

0_JS172710237.jpg

Hes the one on the right :lol:

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Spent last Saturday painting the spare room instead of going to Airdrie and this week it’s neck and neck between Kirkcaldy and IKEA.
It’s just not right!

Well, then it’s traveling to see Ray and John fight for the honor of putting together to worse team from their respective bin heap, or staying home and seeing how badly you can f’up putting together a Regissör or a Malsjö, eh?

Meanwhile, I’m laughing my ass off at this signing. Do us a favor and knock us out Saturday so we can stop worrying about this crap.

Well, then it’s traveling to see Ray and John fight for the honor of putting together to worse team from their respective bin heap, or staying home and seeing how badly you can f’up putting together a Regissör or a Malsjö, eh?
Meanwhile, I’m laughing my ass off at this signing. Do us a favor and knock us out Saturday so we can stop worrying about this crap.

I am to self assembly furniture what Ray McKinnon is to football management.
Either way a miserable Saturday afternoon awaits.

Interesting to see that we are joint third favourites to win the challenge cup ahead of a number of championship sides including the Pars and Morten.
Don’t see it myself, but I do find it quite amusing how small fry some higher division clubs are perceived by the bookies...[emoji3]

Interesting to see that we are joint third favourites to win the challenge cup ahead of a number of championship sides including the Pars and Morten.
Don’t see it myself, but I do find it quite amusing how small fry some higher division clubs are perceived by the bookies...[emoji3]
Measuring the size of your club by odds made on an utterly diddy trophy? Crack on.

7 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Don’t see it myself, but I do find it quite amusing how small fry some higher division clubs are perceived by the bookies...emoji3.png

That's not how it works m8, you'll just have had more people putting money on you to win, likely based on the fact Championship sides dont take it too seriously, and you're spending a fortune on your side.

12 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Just Youtubed David McMillan's goals.  He might be past his best but at least he has a proven goal scoring record.  How many times have we signed strikers in the past few season who have barely scored any goals at all in the career?  

He's only 30 and his track record is in Ireland

I hope he does fit in well and find the Irish form he hasn't so far, I'd have been happier with this signing if it was instead of Johnstone but that's us got 6 players who can play striker. We have gone from having a small squad to having one of the most unbalanced squads I've seen since the Yogi ochilview season.

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think the football budget has been a mess from day one. From the time it took to get one in place, to initially having the funds for only a squad of 17, to then being given additional money on a piecemeal basis months afterwards. This latest cash was only made available after the transfer window closed.

It can't be easy to plan a squad of players when the goalposts keep changing every five minutes.

Let's not forget that the 17 man squad was made up generally of championship players who are probably still on championship wages, some of which on above average championship wages.

I don't think we can point fingers at the board re budget, Ray was given biggest budget in the league, which he had choose to spend which has been increased due to season ticket sales being greater than they had budgeted for.

The finger pointing is keeping a manager who is a serial failure to piss the budget against the wall, so that they can keep face whilst they still remain

Edited by MrDust

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

That's not how it works m8, you'll just have had more people putting money on you to win, likely based on the fact Championship sides dont take it too seriously, and you're spending a fortune on your side.

We made 8 changes in the first game, I'm expecting us to make less tomorrow due to Ray being under pressure to deliver.

Bookies can be erratic regarding odds outside the top league on league business but if you are betting on the teacake cup winners, then you have a betting problem.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Rumours there could be another 2 still to come in.

Thank god we have a fair few on short term contracts until January. The squad is going to be huge!

I reckon he'll score goals at this level if given the chance to do so. Just very worrying that mckinnon sees finishing off chances as our biggest issue when its creating the bloomin chances in the first place thats the big problem. Mckinnon like gerrard at sevco has pressed the panic button and just started signing any half decent player available in the hope that he'll get lucky no matter if that player is really needed or not.

13 hours ago, MrDust said:

For a 30yr old, McMillan hasnt played a lot of football... 

Those stats that Falkirk published were wrong. He started over 120 games for Dundalk in his 3 or 4 years there and scored over 70 goals. 

I saw every game he played for Saints and I'm still not sure what type of player he is, or certainly what his strengths are. His career in Perth is done but will watch with interest to see how he does with the Bairns.