The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

DKD released from County.

Dunfermline were linked with him during the summer. Think he might end up there. They've also released Armstrong who is the type of player we are crying out for, winger with pace so no use to McKinnon.

Dunfermline were linked with him during the summer. Think he might end up there. They've also released Armstrong who is the type of player we are crying out for, winger with pace so no use to McKinnon.

Yeah.... That might have been me that linked him with Dunfermline, unless you seen a different source....

Its pure hindsight of course but having seen the Louis Longridge we have got back, and with no reserves to sharpen him up, I am utterly seething at these Ross County based developments.

40 minutes ago, tirso said:

not sure what his huge failures have been recently.  did very well with morton, doing well with dumbarton.

would take in a heartbeat.

He won league one as you would expect and  had one decent season with morton in the champ when he was bankrolled by the sweetie magnate. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs. Dumbarton lost to us 6 0 and we're bloody awful. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah.... That might have been me that linked him with Dunfermline, unless you seen a different source....

Its pure hindsight of course but having seen the Louis Longridge we have got back, and with no reserves to sharpen him up, I am utterly seething at these Ross County based developments.

Crawford was quoted about 6/7 weeks ago as waiting for an attacking player who had played in the Championship last season to become available. It was reckoned to be DKD, although that may just have been some informed, or even uninformed, guesswork. They've also just signed two midfielders from Hearts on loan so that may rule them out.

Longridge has been poor so far, but there were few complaints when he signed, and it's still early days. The likes of Leitch and Moore are more questionable signings, they appear to be there to just pad out the squad. We might have been better keeping some part of the budget back to see if players of the quality of Armstrong and DKD became available late in the window, as often happens. Neither were getting a look-in in Dingwall.  All hindsight.

Crawford was quoted about 6/7 weeks ago as waiting for an attacking player who had played in the Championship last season to become available. It was reckoned to be DKD, although that may just have been some informed, or even uninformed, guesswork. They've also just signed two midfielders from Hearts on loan so that may rule them out.
Longridge has been poor so far, but there were few complaints when he signed, and it's still early days. The likes of Leitch and Moore are more questionable signings, they appear to be there to just pad out the squad. We might have been better keeping some part of the budget back to see if players of the quality of Armstrong and DKD became available late in the window, as often happens. Neither were getting a look-in in Dingwall.  All hindsight.

It is hindsight and like you say I personally had no complaints re Louis but f**k me he looks off it.

Dont want to get into the Lavery debate again but injuries aside, Lavery is a warning sign that Leitch and Moore are unlikely to get their chance under Ray. Squad fillers like you say. Who even knows if they are any good...

He won league one as you would expect and  had one decent season with morton in the champ when he was bankrolled by the sweetie magnate. They still lost in the first round of the playoffs. Dumbarton lost to us 6 0 and we're bloody awful. 

Granted Dumbarton were dreadful that day but since then the team/manager have learnt lessons and vastly improved, us on the other hand have regressed as our manager is absolutely clueless.

B5C7347A-BADD-4931-A619-004F0BD75564.thumb.png.99c7cc35d84fd4183f620919bebeb2b4.png

Got to admit as shite as he was I loved Carl Finnigan. Better than Denny Johnstone imo.

DKD released from County.

Bring. Him. Home.

Ken there’s next to no chance but would be a massive signing. Get him and another left-back in and the squad is there. Manager not so much.

Players that were at TFS last season that were rarely played or released are showing their worth elsewhere (Lavery, Irvine even Dallison ffs).

I do agree with pretty much everything you said expect the above. Dallison getting a regular game for Crawley shows just how shite the level is at League 2 down there than anything else he’s fucking hoaching. As for Andy Irving breaking into the Hearts team that’s just a complete mystery. He was rotten for us no better than the likes of Sammut imo.

likes of Leitch and Moore are more questionable signings, they appear to be there to just pad out the squad. We might have been better keeping some part of the budget back to see if players of the quality of Armstrong and DKD became available late in the window, as often happens. Neither were getting a look-in in Dingwall.  All hindsight.

Aye they 2 signings are definitely questionable and I’d be surprised if either start a league game for us. Robbie Leitch was a panic signing in the summer just to make up a number on the bench but now I can easily see him not playing a minute for us until he’s farmed away somewhere in January. Lewis Moore was really strange as well he was on loan to Forfar at this level last season with no real success then McKinnon starts spouting pish about him being able to play left-back when afaik he’s never played there in his life, certainly not a professional level.

Aye they 2 signings are definitely questionable and I’d be surprised if either start a league game for us. Robbie Leitch was a panic signing in the summer just to make up a number on the bench but now I can easily see him not playing a minute for us until he’s farmed away somewhere in January. Lewis Moore was really strange as well he was on loan to Forfar at this level last season with no real success then McKinnon starts spouting pish about him being able to play left-back when afaik he’s never played there in his life, certainly not a professional level.
Ray knows he has fucked it with only Dixon for LB, especially when you consider the context of emptying an attacking left back/fan favourite. Henis always going to get beaten with the Robson stick regardless of whether you rated him or not

Ray knows he has fucked it with only Dixon for LB, especially when you consider the context of emptying an attacking left back/fan favourite. Henis always going to get beaten with the Robson stick regardless of whether you rated him or not
When it was announced that Dixon was staying and Robson was going, I could understand the thought process. Keep a player who can play left back and centre back in a 3 or a 4, and get rid of a player who can only play left back/wing back. Ray has fucked it though, as he's now asking Dixon to play the style that suited Robson, which is never going to work. Keeping Dixon and playing a winger in front of him is fine, however, asking him to hit the byline just shows how poor Ray is

When it was announced that Dixon was staying and Robson was going, I could understand the thought process. Keep a player who can play left back and centre back in a 3 or a 4, and get rid of a player who can only play left back/wing back. Ray has fucked it though, as he's now asking Dixon to play the style that suited Robson, which is never going to work. Keeping Dixon and playing a winger in front of him is fine, however, asking him to hit the byline just shows how poor Ray is
There is however, nothing more baffling than seeing effective width against Dumbarton then making no attempt to continue with it.

Aye you have to frame that with how shite Dumbarton were that day but they have had results since so lets not talk down how good we were that day too much.

Its fucking ineptitude on a massive scale to choke back a team who are capable of that.

Ive figured it out lads and lasses.  

McKinnon is supporting his boardroom pals by deliberately playing dugshite away from home, the only place where those boycotting against the MSG will be able to see the Bairns play, in an attempt to force these folks back to TFS for the home games and join the 'real' fans for some proper sexy football.

Canni believe I didnae spot that before now.

Don't see anything wrong with him making the signings, we'd have been seriously short of numbers if he hadn't and folk would (quite rightly) be giving him a hard time for that.

Moore's the one that puzzles me a little though. McKinnon claims that he can play in a few positions down the left yet it appears that he hasn't got a left foot. In the current situation someone who could play LWB should surely be starting but, with the possible exception of the diddy cup matches, I can't see him taking the chance. I wonder if he even had the laddie watched? Seems like a lazy signing to me.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Don't see anything wrong with him making the signings, we'd have been seriously short of numbers if he hadn't and folk would (quite rightly) be giving him a hard time for that.

Moore's the one that puzzles me a little though. McKinnon claims that he can play in a few positions down the left yet it appears that he hasn't got a left foot. In the current situation someone who could play LWB should surely be starting but, with the possible exception of the diddy cup matches, I can't see him taking the chance. I wonder if he even had the laddie watched? Seems like a lazy signing to me.

Nae point in signing shite just for the sake it though.