The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

This isn't meaning to be disrespectful or patronising to any other team in this league but this division is utterly disgusting to get out of.  Obviously, Falkirk have a far greater budget than ourselves and any other team in this league but you'll find every team will see you as a massive scalp. You'll see teams use every tactic in the book going, and your players will get really rough treatment. I'd expect Falkirk to hammer us in October as they'll start to get results. The standard of part time football isn't anywhere near as bad as it was with more and more players opting for jobs as PTs where they can keep themselves fit, work flexibly and maintain better nutrition (Scott Agnew is a really good example). 

I think McKinnon will take a few results where he'll grind out wins, then begin to get his players to play with a bit more freedom. 

BA, I can’t see how you can actually believe that after having seen McKinnon’s strategy in person.

However, the rest is bang on. Raith crippled themselves, possibly for years, with ill-managed attempts to buy promotion that were crippled by poor hiring decisions from both the Board and the selected coach(s). Now we’re trying a “hybrid” system whose results, I fear, will simply be slightly smaller monetary losses rather than the big promotion win we want and need.

McKinnon, in his mind, is a Championship manager+, and acts accordingly. His personnel decisions and selections are informed by this worldview, and he stubbornly refuses to recognize anything different. I expect that in private he is noting that 2 out of 9 is only 1 point less than he feels you need, and that a win on the road will cure that and leave you a point to the good...at home he has 6 from 6, so he’s on track. McKinnon considers the season so far a success, that’s the simple reality.

The next question is can you afford to bin McKinnon? There’s a price to be paid to terminate his contract, and you need to have a replacement lined up, who is it? The revenue in League One is likely insufficient to pay your team, and certainly insufficient to cover binning McKinnon and hiring any decent replacement. All the calls for players face the same issue, money. All the calls for money face another issue, can Falkirk assure promotion, and you cannot, especially with McKinnon. It’s a dog chasing it’s own tail.  

Here’s the really ugly truth, the MSG won’t do shite until this whole takeover fiasco is over, and that leaves you staggering through the season, hemorrhaging funds and fans for another month plus. By the time that settles out, a long winter of discontent is likely to be settling in, with financial considerations coming into the focus of the Board as the first quarter of League One financials get laid out, along with just how little time they have bought with the crumbs carried over from the last Championship season. Even with bumper attendance, something increasingly less likely, the overall costs must be dwarfing income right now, so the idea of binning McKinnon would solely depend on a belief that an assured promotion would be in place with the new manager.

So, who is this football messiah? Till then, looks like a rather rollercoaster ride of a season for us all.

6 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Anyone who thought we were going to run up 100 + points needs to have a word with their dealer about the quality of their drugs.

That would mean they were good drugs, surely. 

Think after the past 2 seasons no one was realistically expecting 100 pts, as we all mentioned on paper we have a great team but unfortunately games arent played on paper.  Even if we were to get shot of RM who comes in and takes over as the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round dont fill me with much confidence and especially if the MSG who presided over the last 2 hiring are anything to go by (they got us into this shit situation in the first place).

Looking at the position from the outside it looks a huge call to entrust Falkirk’s immediate recovery strategy to Ray McKinnon.

I firmly believe that Falkirk will win this league by a very distinct margin at the end of the day but failure to do so would be mis-management on a huge scale.

Unless there is a marked improvement in the next few weeks I think he will be replaced as the consequences of a prolonged stay in League 1 don’t bear thinking about.

I firmly believe that Falkirk will win this league by a very distinct margin at the end of the day but failure to do so would be mis-management on a huge scale.

If McKinnon is given the full season then there’s not a chance that we’ll win the league. He’s literally no clue how to break a team down so any team playing against us just need to be structured and organised defensively and the worst they’ll get is a point.

His stubbornness to drop a select few players, incapable of making a positive substitution and no idea how to set up a team to attack are all going to cost us.

Mckinnon is a feckin useless manager who has one idea on how to set out a team which failed miserably last season and has continued to fail miserably this season.  A midfield of slow one paced players, last season it was osman, paton and mcshane and this season its tidser, mcshane and gomis. Absolutely no pace or width in the side as the fullbacks are expected to do that even though they arent good enough in an attacking sense to do so.  He recently signed 3 new players in longridge, moore and millar who havent added anything of note to the team apart from extra bodies.  The guy is a complete failure of a manager and can boast only half a season at raith as any form of managerial success. He needs emptied and the post should be advertised instead of us just appointing anyone that comes and begs us for a job.

Just read through that wee twitter thread. 

This Mark Campbell (full name given so that searchable) is the next thing down from small time. Does anyone know what the next thing down from small time is? Cos thats him. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Who was the boy that was originally from Falkirk and has managed in a couple of different countries? He had a fair level of success as well and I think he was mentioned as an option at one point or may even have applied. 

Wasnt it some guy Rennie?  

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Lecturer said:

Does anyone really think we’re going to bin McKinnon?

We probably should but if his contact is up at the end of the season I really can't see the board paying him off. Imagine how embarrassing that would be for them,just can't see it. 

Games have been pitiful so far and a few more games of the same clueness nature and they just might surprise me.