The Falkirk FC Thread

We were crap today and we didn’t lose but Clyde, Peterhead and Montrose were better than Airdrie
And yet we just need to beat Peterhead on the 5th of October for the hattrick over them all.
Here's one for you.
"We weren't great today and we didn't lose, but East Fife and Forfar were streets ahead of Falkirk"

At least its all about opinions eh [emoji106]

5 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

The thing that really annoys me is McKinnon worked under 2 of the best football mangers EVER in Jim Mclean and Brian Clough and appears to learned absolutely f**k all! 

I was at a function a couple of years ago where Mckinnon was speaking and he had nothing good to say about either McLean or Ckough. 

Which probably tells you everything. 

Naturally every answer Mckinnon gave started with the word 'Listen'. 

I think what's even more telling than falkirk fans recognising how bad we are is that Clyde and Airdrie fans in the last week have both said we were very poor.

was so hoping a drop in league would at last mean some swashbuckling type football for our entertainment starved fans, alas...

Tbf Falkirk were the first team on my accumulator this week after us pumping Airdrie the week before and it should have been more! I've said from day one it wouldn't be as easy as some Falkirk fans were suggesting, 100+ points and all that chat but clearly yer manager isn't up to the task! I hope he stays a while longer all the same! [emoji482]

Tbf Falkirk were the first team on my accumulator this week after us pumping Airdrie the week before and it should have been more! I've said from day one it wouldn't be as easy as some Falkirk fans were suggesting, 100+ points and all that chat but clearly yer manager isn't up to the task! I hope he stays a while longer all the same! [emoji482]

Anyone who thought we were going to run up 100 + points needs to have a word with their dealer about the quality of their drugs.
We should be winning this league with the squad we have but this manager is draining the enthusiasm of both players and support with his woeful tactics.
Don’t like calling for someone to lose their job but this is not working.

6 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

And yet we just need to beat Peterhead on the 5th of October for the hattrick over them all.
Here's one for you.
"We weren't great today and we didn't lose, but East Fife and Forfar were streets ahead of Falkirk"

At least its all about opinions eh emoji106.png

East Fife and For far played us off the park as well to be fair.

Teams are setting out their stall to frustrate and get something out the game. It was always going to be a grind and fighting for every point we get.

There are going to be more results like this before the end of the season so we should get a reality check and get on with it.

100+ points , 100 goals , 5-6 goal hammerings every week , seaside league , diddy teams , won by xmas. 

It was deluded to the point of deranged to be coming up with that stuff and you all know who you are that came up with it.

We should be doing better. We should be more adventures. It should be a case this is how we are going to play see if you can stop us.

We absolutely battered Dumbarton. It was a complete performance. However, that’s been it. As mentioned by many, we would have drawn with Montrose but for a completely crazy moment by their keeper that you won’t see repeated in the next decade. 

We thought that Montrose game was a blip, a wake up call. It wasn’t. It was actually a typical example of a McKinnon team performance. Remember last season? We were all waiting on him pulling the pin, and going after the wins we needed. He didn’t do it then, and he won’t do it now....probably because he doesn’t know how to.

Teams are setting out their stall to frustrate and get something out the game. It was always going to be a grind and fighting for every point we get.
There are going to be more results like this before the end of the season so we should get a reality check and get on with it.
100+ points , 100 goals , 5-6 goal hammerings every week , seaside league , diddy teams , won by xmas. 
It was deluded to the point of deranged to be coming up with that stuff and you all know who you are that came up with it.
We should be doing better. We should be more adventures. It should be a case this is how we are going to play see if you can stop us.

I remember going to Love Street in December 2004. We won 1-0 with a howler from Craig Hinchcliffe. That put us 14 points clear in the Championship and effectively put the league to bed.

That season we probably had a budget double everyone else in the league just like this season.

We should be steamrolling this league but we have blown the budget again on a poor manager who has brought in average players outside 3 or 4.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

This isn't meaning to be disrespectful or patronising to any other team in this league but this division is utterly disgusting to get out of.  Obviously, Falkirk have a far greater budget than ourselves and any other team in this league but you'll find every team will see you as a massive scalp. You'll see teams use every tactic in the book going, and your players will get really rough treatment. I'd expect Falkirk to hammer us in October as they'll start to get results. The standard of part time football isn't anywhere near as bad as it was with more and more players opting for jobs as PTs where they can keep themselves fit, work flexibly and maintain better nutrition (Scott Agnew is a really good example). 

I think McKinnon will take a few results where he'll grind out wins, then begin to get his players to play with a bit more freedom. 

10 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

I think that confirms change unlikely if Mr Campbell takes over the reins anytime soon...unless he`s being duplicitous of course🙄

So the deal still hasn't been done. Your Board must  know what assets they are selling and how much they want for them.

It's down to the romancing realtor to come to an agreement and get his backers to stump up. Why doesn't he give an update on his position instead of deflecting to your mob.

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

So the deal still hasn't been done. Your Board must  know what assets they are selling and how much they want for them.

It's down to the romancing realtor to come to an agreement and get his backers to stump up. Why doesn't he give an update on his position instead of deflecting to your mob.

He has said he has to do DD on the club and board as they have on him then they sign a Special Purchase Approval, He also said he cant give away too much due to NDA which is a fair one. (its all on tiwtter)