The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Yes

If that`s aimed at me, I`m not trying to convince you or anybody else, I`m replying to posts stating facts as I know them. They are correct to the best of my knowledge but it`s up to you whether you choose to believe it or not. If anybody else has more knowledge on the subject, I`m quite happy to be corrected.

9 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:
Apparently there were some "RESERVATIONS"

Apparently they weren't Apache on the other bids

Also heard they wanted to change the tune when we scored to wigwam bam

25 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

If that`s aimed at me, I`m not trying to convince you or anybody else, I`m replying to posts stating facts as I know them. They are correct to the best of my knowledge but it`s up to you whether you choose to believe it or not. If anybody else has more knowledge on the subject, I`m quite happy to be corrected.

No it’s wasn’t aimed at you, but to answer your question I have heard people say there are no investors from India involved. I’m calling bullshit on that is all I’m saying. Gow and his team are no more trustworthy than Campbell.

10 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

No it’s wasn’t aimed at you, but to answer your question I have heard people say there are no investors from India involved. I’m calling bullshit on that is all I’m saying. Gow and his team are no more trustworthy than Campbell.

It wouldnt surprise me if the Indian investor one was dreamed up by our board to try and bump up the price and gain a bit more cash on the sale.  The concrete ones at the time was the Scott Davidson one and the group of local business men but they bolted at the deadline being extended for to allow 2 other bids to get more time to submit an offer. So out of them all  decided on the most high risk to the future of the club, you couldnt make this up

1 hour ago, Top Bins said:

Is this the bloke who used to work with Lewis on Falkirk TV doing the commentary and interviews? It could be a completely different Tony Smith and I could be way off the mark.

Well, whatever Tony Smith chooses as a cause worthy of his backing, I am happy to be on the opposite of. One of life’s great sycophants is Mr Smith.

You can bet the brown nosing is 100% our guy seeking to get to be Campbell’s pet if the deal goes through.  Gives me the boak.

24 minutes ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

I agree that there are no guarantees with any bid. However, Gowser would have to go through the same DD process and if there was a problem, hopefully it would be highlighted and he would be booted. I also agree he & his backers won`t be coming into this looking to lose money. I think the attraction for him  would be taking the role of Director of Football and moving the club forward. Making a profit from taking the Club into the Premiership would be a bonus. Haven`t a clue what his backers would be looking to gain just as I don`t know what MC`s backers are looking for.

It’s plainly obvious that any successful businessman worth his salt would stay off Twitter, acting like an attention seeking teenager. I don’t obviously work in these circles but it comes across very unprofessional and very needy especially at a crucial time of the DD process. Just very puzzling in my eyes.
Part of the reason he's not trusted by many on here is that he had near zero social media or internet presence before making his bid. He can't win. Hopefully we'll get some clarity either way on his funding and business plan very soon.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Part of the reason he's not trusted by many on here is that he had near zero social media or internet presence before making his bid. He can't win. Hopefully we'll get some clarity either way on his funding and business plan very soon.

Disagree. It’s because he has a track record of failed companies and debt that he has tried to conceal. I couldn’t give a monkeys about his social media presence.

If he had a track record of brilliance in his business career, then there wouldn’t be as many concerns.

In what way can “he not win”? It all depends on the game he is trying to play.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:
Disagree. It’s because he has a track record of failed companies and debt that he has tried to conceal. I couldn’t give a monkeys about his social media presence.
I he had a track record of brilliance in his business career, then there wouldn’t be as many concerns.
In what way can “he not win”? It all depends on the game he is trying to play.

If he had a track record of liquidations and bankruptcies Craig Whyte style I'd agree, I haven't seen any evidence he has. Starting and closing a string of companies and directorships is not unusual in business and is not a black mark on its own. I haven't a clue whether he's genuine or a conman, but when the "evidence" against him includes some Bexley landlady complaining she didn't get an 80 grand refurb of her pub done for free, I'm not going to jump to conclusions.

Edited by welshbairn

We have the discting stench of McLeish's Scotland. Players looking like they aren't trying because they are having to play a system that makes no sense to them.

The idea that we are going away from home for draws in as eason where we absolutely have to win the league is fucking batshit mental. Get tae f**k Ray. Golden opportunity to build, put some credit in the bank and maybe prove yourself as a competent Championship manager next season, instead you are playing for draws (and sometimes getting them) away from home in the seaside league.

Just fucking go and stop wasting everyones time.

I’ve back McKinnon to the hill but that’s it for me now. Absolutely awful yet again. Then he takes off arguably our best two players on the park today. Turgid stuff all over. That’s a year ago today since he came in and he’s had three squads and the football has remained the same in all three. Dumbarton game aside, we’ve struggled in every league game this season thus far. Bin him now.