The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So, seven weeks for due diligence........maybe. If the MSG have seen the colour of his money, then their interest in what is happening on the park will quickly diminish......but maybe not for all.  SA said the MSG (or him personally) were “going nowhere”. I am still unsure if that statement still has to play out, or if it was bluster, but SA never struck me as the blustering type.

Interestingly, the prospective buyers of Bury were granted 3 days for their due diligence checks, and they found enough in that time frame to walk away.

I can only imagine our mob have given him 14 days to quit with sweet talk, and provide evidence of funding or its game over. Seven weeks just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, and it particularly doesn’t give the impression of anything “going well”.

I have said it before but my theory is having got to crunch time MC is now scurrying around trying to convince his potential investors to part with their cash and back him now.

This is why we have the prolonged delay - stands to reason that MC would want to paint a rosy picture during this period. 

I have said it before but my theory is having got to crunch time MC is now scurrying around trying to convince his potential investors to part with their cash and back him now.
This is why we have the prolonged delay - stands to reason that MC would want to paint a rosy picture during this period. 

The cash is there they are scurrying round trying to justify where it came from and prove there us more to see their plan(bullshit )through .
Whatever these backers have been promised it has not been a scheme devised by mr MC . He is simply the stooge to front the deal.
Long ago I jokingly called this project third lanark - I’m afraid to say that possibility is now real.

The only person saying it will take another two weeks is MC. If he said it was raining I would look out the window and check. I still believe this pantomime will be done after this weeks BM, which is today.

Then the real serious talking needs to start.

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

To be honest we've had enough theories on here to last us a feckin life time.  Can we not have some cold hard facts please instead of I think, I bet or in my opinion which we've now had for weeks on here.  If you know something thats gen then stick it out there otherwise the whole thing is getting boring as feck.  The one fact that really bothers me just now is that we're facing another Saturday with clueless Mckinnon in charge.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

To be honest we've had enough theories on here to last us a feckin life time.  Can we not have some cold hard facts please instead of I think, I bet or in my opinion which we've now had for weeks on here.  If you know something thats gen then stick it out there otherwise the whole thing is getting boring as feck.  The one fact that really bothers me just now is that we're facing another Saturday with clueless Mckinnon in charge.

Thanks for being honest & apologises for boring you.

The main reason for theories , thinking (God perish the thought - pun intended)  & opinions is because of the severe lack of hard facts as Kenny Rodgers has covered his tracks very well, pretty much erased his business history (apart from the mini-cab firm & the holiday apartments when he did not refund his customers)  and given away next to nothing except trust me , it's all going well and we will have fun - did I tell you I sell hotels in secret.  

Therefore we are left with coming up with our own theories. 

You can of course be part of his Fawning Cheerleading Twitter Groupies or even be in the "Let's Give Him A Chance/Wait & See" Brigade - but personally I'd rather consider he might not be the answer & that we can possibly avoid a Bury situation in 2 years time by binning him now - before we give the majority control of the club to someone most sensible people would consider at least a wee bit shady.  Or am I way off the mark here?   

Anyway - You just look to Saturday and I will worry about the future of the club in the hands of someone not a fan of the club that we know very little about apart from what he wants us to know (again very little). Red flags anyone?

The thing I dont get or fully understand is the theory he will riddle us with debt as can't see how he can use the stadium to secure loans against as the club don't own it fully.
It is worrying that very little can be found on Mr Campbell and his constant use of twitter seems strange at the very least.

21 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

Thanks for being honest & apologises for boring you.

The main reason for theories , thinking (God perish the thought - pun intended)  & opinions is because of the severe lack of hard facts as Kenny Rodgers has covered his tracks very well, pretty much erased his business history (apart from the mini-cab firm & the holiday apartments when he did not refund his customers)  and given away next to nothing except trust me , it's all going well and we will have fun - did I tell you I sell hotels in secret.  

Therefore we are left with coming up with our own theories. 

You can of course be part of his Fawning Cheerleading Twitter Groupies or even be in the "Let's Give Him A Chance/Wait & See" Brigade - but personally I'd rather consider he might not be the answer & that we can possibly avoid a Bury situation in 2 years time by binning him now - before we give the majority control of the club to someone most sensible people would consider at least a wee bit shady.  Or am I way off the mark here?   

Anyway - You just look to Saturday and I will worry about the future of the club in the hands of someone not a fan of the club that we know very little about apart from what he wants us to know (again very little). Red flags anyone?

I just don't see the point in people coming up with endless theories and ideas about what could be happening. There's feck all we can do the now anyway until we find out how the due dilligence goes.  I'm still of the opinion that the MSG or at least Alexander and Ritchie won't just let the club fall into the hands of just anyone for a few quid.  I'm no fan of the way they have run the club from a football context but then there have been people with more money than them that have made mistakes in running football clubs.  Without the likes of Ritchie and liddell we simply wouldn't have a club just now so why go to all that bother of saving the club only to hand it over to any old scheister that turns up with a few quid?  Alexander has put cash in over the years too so why invest and state that whatever happens you'll always be there to watch Falkirk if you have no interest in what happens to the club in the future? Yes its time for these guys to move on but I cant really comprehend them handing it over to just anyone to make a few quid.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I just don't see the point in people coming up with endless theories and ideas about what could be happening. There's feck all we can do the now anyway until we find out how the due dilligence goes.  I'm still of the opinion that the MSG or at least Alexander and Ritchie won't just let the club fall into the hands of just anyone for a few quid.  I'm no fan of the way they have run the club from a football context but then there have been people with more money than them that have made mistakes in running football clubs.  Without the likes of Ritchie and liddell we simply wouldn't have a club just now so why go to all that bother of saving the club only to hand it over to any old scheister that turns up with a few quid?  Alexander has put cash in over the years too so why invest and state that whatever happens you'll always be there to watch Falkirk if you have no interest in what happens to the club in the future? Yes its time for these guys to move on but I cant really comprehend them handing it over to just anyone to make a few quid.

The point is ….in these days of spin and influencing - just like MC is doing right now with his charm offensive & daft promises - is that you can in some way make a difference by highlighting things that are not right, dodgy or possibly a danger to our fine club.

We know that members of the BOD visit this site , some are/were even posters - if we can influence these people in some small way it might counter the dafties on Twitter & COYB and not least MC himself.

I agree with you that guys like Sandy Alexander & William Moffatt will not let us fall into the hands of scoundrels - well not knowingly - but this guy is good at pulling the wool over your eyes.   

2 hours ago, Sanity check needed. said:

The thing I dont get or fully understand is the theory he will riddle us with debt as can't see how he can use the stadium to secure loans against as the club don't own it fully.
It is worrying that very little can be found on Mr Campbell and his constant use of twitter seems strange at the very least.

Old Marky Boy does like to set up a new company or 15.

Dale.png

Dale.png.1bb0e4ce39985b1549044d4917daaefb.png
This is my biggest worry about him. The current board need to set up some mechanism in the club to stop transfer of assets happening without agreement of MC+say10% of the shareholders. It's surely do-able. If MCs intentions are honourable then he won't have an issue with that.

20 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Interesting that Campbell continues to hype up the whole process about how well it's going. Almost as if he expects to be kicked out, so that he can turn round afterwards and claim to have been stabbed in the back as he never saw it coming. Headlines of "they were lying to me right since the very start", or something similar.

Whereas the only comment from Falkirk is Lex saying "we're just about there".

Where exactly is "there" Lex?

Is it the point where FFC conclude the sale? Or is it simply making a final decision and then telling the world?

Hmmm.

Obviously the whole deal hinges on whether LM is awarded the Bathroom Contract for the Hotel.

4 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That is either a sophisticated and gentle whoosh, or just a funny blonde moment Shadwell.

27 minutes ago, champions said:

Can someone explain the legalities around transferring assets between companies?

Would you only need to own 51% of a company to be able to do this?

Can’t say. I understand the legalities, but when you see what CW got away with at Ibrox, there’s not much to stop them doing a lot of damage in a short time frame. They had historical shares in Arsenal that had been on display for decades. It didn’t stop CW removing them, selling them, and pocketing the cash.

Obviously, the guy as Bury has been stripping as much as he could before it all caught up with him. The usual MO.

Assets aren’t always readily visible, but if there’s an opportunity to liquidate or remove them, people like this will always be sniffing around.

I have never felt our MSG to be corrupt or without ethics. They have however, been utterly inept and perhaps even negligent regarding most of the crucial decisions and appointments relating to the football club.

43 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:
2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Dale.png.1bb0e4ce39985b1549044d4917daaefb.png

This is my biggest worry about him. The current board need to set up some mechanism in the club to stop transfer of assets happening without agreement of MC+say10% of the shareholders. It's surely do-able. If MCs intentions are honourable then he won't have an issue with that.

I'm not sure how the club has enough strippable assets to warrant any sort of price. The stadium isn't ours, we don't have massive training facilities around and surely we don't have half a million in office furniture spread around the stadium. For asset stripping in the common sense you need a company that is underperforming enough in their actual operating field to be sold way under market value to a guy that thinks "the remaining stuff will be worth that alone". Falkirk FC isn't such a company in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The point is ….in these days of spin and influencing - just like MC is doing right now with his charm offensive & daft promises - is that you can in some way make a difference by highlighting things that are not right, dodgy or possibly a danger to our fine club.

We know that members of the BOD visit this site , some are/were even posters - if we can influence these people in some small way it might counter the dafties on Twitter & COYB and not least MC himself.

I agree with you that guys like Sandy Alexander & William Moffatt will not let us fall into the hands of scoundrels - well not knowingly - but this guy is good at pulling the wool over your eyes.   

Ive yet to see someone posting any facts on this though. Its all hearsay and guess work.. If would like to think the bod are basing their dd on more than that.