The Falkirk FC Thread

Interesting that Campbell continues to hype up the whole process about how well it's going. Almost as if he expects to be kicked out, so that he can turn round afterwards and claim to have been stabbed in the back as he never saw it coming. Headlines of "they were lying to me right since the very start", or something similar.

Whereas the only comment from Falkirk is Lex saying "we're just about there".

Where exactly is "there" Lex?

Is it the point where FFC conclude the sale? Or is it simply making a final decision and then telling the world?

Hmmm.

10 hours ago, Stainrod said:

I would save your energy !Mr MC us all about pretense and his moment in the limelight as a potential buyer of our football club. He thrives on adulation and being despised and loved equally as long as he is recognized as important .

You seem to know a fair about MC. How do you know him? Can you give us any info on the takeover? 

35 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Is it the point where FFC conclude the sale? Or is it simply making a final decision and then telling the world?

Hmmm.

That was my exact thoughts, not the clearest of comments. I`m just amazed that Mr Campbell didn`t realise people were on holiday etc when he was spouting that the deal would be concluded by the end of August🙄

Guest Ecosse83

Holiday season?? 😂

I'm now thinking the chances of this takeover happening are very very slim. I've said before that is rather have the current setup than have this Walter Mitty character come in and completely ruin our club. 

Maybe it has suited the board for Walter to show his face so numpties like me end up being happy with the status quo!!

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Holiday season?? 😂

I'm now thinking the chances of this takeover happening are very very slim. I've said before that is rather have the current setup than have this Walter Mitty character come in and completely ruin our club. 

Maybe it has suited the board for Walter to show his face so numpties like me end up being happy with the status quo!!

I cant see many being happy with the status quo tbh, another season of f**k ups by the MSG no thanks, although Kenny Rogers tribute act erm naw

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Interesting that Campbell continues to hype up the whole process about how well it's going. Almost as if he expects to be kicked out, so that he can turn round afterwards and claim to have been stabbed in the back as he never saw it coming. Headlines of "they were lying to me right since the very start", or something similar.

Whereas the only comment from Falkirk is Lex saying "we're just about there".

Hmmm.

I'm guessing a decision as to whether the deal with MC is going ahead.

In fairness to LM, I asked out about the MC deal and he said nothing, which was quite surprising.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Holiday season?? 😂

I'd far rather have neither. Which is exactly what we could have had if the MSG/board had broken the habit of a lifetime and put the interests of the club first. Instead, far more credible and genuine bidders were driven away and we're now left with a straight choice between Walter Mitty and the current lot, which means the likes of Miller and Thomson running the show whilst we hoofball our way through League 1 under Mr Negative. Incompetence off the scale. When does this farce end?  This summer was the optimum time for real change and they've completely and utterly blown it, again. Campbell did not select himself as the preferred bidder, so this is on them, their biggest and most embarrassing f**k-up to date, some achievement. 

So, seven weeks for due diligence........maybe. If the MSG have seen the colour of his money, then their interest in what is happening on the park will quickly diminish......but maybe not for all.  SA said the MSG (or him personally) were “going nowhere”. I am still unsure if that statement still has to play out, or if it was bluster, but SA never struck me as the blustering type.

Interestingly, the prospective buyers of Bury were granted 3 days for their due diligence checks, and they found enough in that time frame to walk away.

I can only imagine our mob have given him 14 days to quit with sweet talk, and provide evidence of funding or its game over. Seven weeks just doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, and it particularly doesn’t give the impression of anything “going well”.

Yeah there's absolutely no way this thing is going to plan if it requires more time. The extension is alarm bells and will result in absolutely nothing changing except further embarrassment for the club at the hands of the MSG and board. 

19 minutes ago, Typicalrovers said:

What have they been doing for seven weeks? Surely a businessman of his supposed worth would have bankers and agents able to provide proof of funding and evidence of his background, plans etc within days?

Nah...he forgot  they were all away on holiday, easily done.

Edited by 60`s bairn

What have they been doing for seven weeks? Surely a businessman of his supposed worth would have bankers and agents able to provide proof of funding and evidence of his background, plans etc within days?

I think someone said it earlier. Due diligence is not solely about his fitness to take on the role and whether the cash is available. It’s a two way street where the assets ([emoji16]) are agreed in terms of ownership and responsibility. There’s also a contract and terms to be agreed. If various parties have been on holiday, I can believe that more time might be necessary.
In saying all that, it was about two years ago I stated that closing the academy could come back to bite us and some of the strategic decisions could haunt us for years to come. I honestly fear that is where we have arrived just now if this goes through.....

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

I think someone said it earlier. Due diligence is not solely about his fitness to take on the role and whether the cash is available. It’s a two way street where the assets (emoji16.png) are agreed in terms of ownership and responsibility. There’s also a contract and terms to be agreed. If various parties have been on holiday, I can believe that more time might be necessary.
In saying all that, it was about two years ago I stated that closing the academy could come back to bite us and some of the strategic decisions could haunt us for years to come. I honestly fear that is where we have arrived just now if this goes through.....

The complex ownership thing with the Council would take time to go through whoever was the bidder, especially if they want to use the site for building a hotel and the like. If he's serious he'd be having talks with them as well, which could take forever.

8 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Looks like a longer wait:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-takeover-and-mark-campbell-what-s-going-to-happen-1-4993132

Falkirk fans have been waiting anxiously for news over the club’s impending takeover but they might have to wait a little longer as it could be hit by delays.

Saturday marks the end of the five-week time period set for preferred bidder Mark Campbell “to have everything in place and to complete the purchase of the club”, but the English businessman concedes it might be “a bit tight” and could be another two weeks before any possible deal is concluded.

Nevertheless, the 46-year-old remains confident of a deal being struck and is happy with how things are going.

Campbell told the Falkirk Herald: “That was the target set from the start, that’s what we’re trying to aim for but August 31 might be a bit tight.

“If we can get it done in the next two weeks that would be great.

“August is the holiday season and people have been off and only got back on August 12, so that’s why there might be a delay.

“At the moment I’m happy with how things are going.”

Campbell was announced preferred bidder by the club on July 26 after his “ambitious vision” and “multi-million pound” investment in the club and its facilities.

His plan is to return the club back to the Scottish Premiership, reinstate the club’s youth academy and build a fourth stand.

He added: “The board have been brilliant, the MSG have been fantastic, and I think we’re all singing off the same hymn sheet.

“If I’m being honest the whole process has been smoother than I thought it would be.”

The Falkirk board are set to meet on Thursday night to get an update on the takeover.

The club’s director Lex Miller said: “We’re just about there.

“We will get an up to date report at a board meeting on Thursday, and then we will convene and have discussions on it and look to make an announcement after.”

This is more or less what he said when he was trying to buy Sunderland before it all fell through.

The Sunderland realized he did not have the funds to take the club forward which is , to be fair, a polite way to say he is fur coat nae knickers.