The Falkirk FC Thread

Seriously tempted to sign up to twitter purely to get into this fucker. If he does come in, he better stop being so fucking small time for a start.

I would save your energy !Mr MC us all about pretense and his moment in the limelight as a potential buyer of our football club. He thrives on adulation and being despised and loved equally as long as he is recognized as important .
The more dangerous guy is the lawyer pulling the strings in the background . I find it very worrying the decision seems to be going to the wire .

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Seriously tempted to sign up to twitter purely to get into this fucker. If he does come in, he better stop being so fucking small time for a start.

Please do, and please give prior warning to any convo so we can watch with interest 🍿

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

You will never get anything other than short extremely vague answers …...with little winking emojis (he's supposed to be a serious business FFS)……...but at least the replies will be quick, seems like he has nothing else to do.   

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ratcliffe is a pretty insular character. The idea that he can be approached and asked to buy FFC deserves the same level of credence as those lads hawking their golf course out to Mark Campbell.

There's little chance of Ratcliffe buying Falkirk , but if he did I would not think he would be partaking in a beauty parade prior to the sale going through, constantly interacting with zoomers on Twitter and making wild promises to hoodwink the fans.

He could not be any different - not least because he has money and we all know who he is. 

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's a diddy with no experience of being given any sort of attention, doing an impression of what he thinks a benevolent wealthy person would be like.

Definitely this.

2 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

There's little chance of Ratcliffe buying Falkirk , but if he did I would not think he would be partaking in a beauty parade prior to the sale going through, constantly interacting with zoomers on Twitter and making wild promises to hoodwink the fans.

He could not be any different - not least because he has money and we all know who he is. 

If Ratcliffe did buy Falkirk, his first move would be to get his efficiency guys in, and would want to see more £££ in the pocket of those wishing to multi-task. He would field a team of 8 players in total with the right back doing the goalie’s job.

57 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If Ratcliffe did buy Falkirk, his first move would be to get his efficiency guys in, and would want to see more £££ in the pocket of those wishing to multi-task. He would field a team of 8 players in total with the right back doing the goalie’s job.

Then a complete re-write of H&S rules which would mean players wearing hard hats and safety glasses with the manager doubling up as announcer so he can shout out instructions as the game progresses. Hmmm, come to think of it, that last one might be an improvement??😉 

Our strikers would be gubbed. He doesn't like strikers.

The governing bodies of both Scotland and England should take a leaf out of French and German rules that have maximum amount of sole ownership at a club can be no greater than 49%.

A rule like that may have saved Bury with interested parties who weren't gonna line Dales pockets.

It's having an owner with more than 50% that worries me, very much our MSG who do what they want, cause they can

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The governing bodies of both Scotland and England should take a leaf out of French and German rules that have maximum amount of sole ownership at a club can be no greater than 49%.

A rule like that may have saved Bury with interested parties who weren't gonna line Dales pockets.

It's having an owner with more than 50% that worries me, very much our MSG who do what they want, cause they can

It’s quite something that so many individually successful people can be brought together to achieve complete regression of a business the size of FFC. 

I think that may have been a harder outcome to achieve than some moderate success. They  have a collective talent for failure. 

Looks like a longer wait:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-takeover-and-mark-campbell-what-s-going-to-happen-1-4993132

Falkirk fans have been waiting anxiously for news over the club’s impending takeover but they might have to wait a little longer as it could be hit by delays.

Saturday marks the end of the five-week time period set for preferred bidder Mark Campbell “to have everything in place and to complete the purchase of the club”, but the English businessman concedes it might be “a bit tight” and could be another two weeks before any possible deal is concluded.

Nevertheless, the 46-year-old remains confident of a deal being struck and is happy with how things are going.

Campbell told the Falkirk Herald: “That was the target set from the start, that’s what we’re trying to aim for but August 31 might be a bit tight.

“If we can get it done in the next two weeks that would be great.

“August is the holiday season and people have been off and only got back on August 12, so that’s why there might be a delay.

“At the moment I’m happy with how things are going.”

Campbell was announced preferred bidder by the club on July 26 after his “ambitious vision” and “multi-million pound” investment in the club and its facilities.

His plan is to return the club back to the Scottish Premiership, reinstate the club’s youth academy and build a fourth stand.

He added: “The board have been brilliant, the MSG have been fantastic, and I think we’re all singing off the same hymn sheet.

“If I’m being honest the whole process has been smoother than I thought it would be.”

The Falkirk board are set to meet on Thursday night to get an update on the takeover.

The club’s director Lex Miller said: “We’re just about there.

“We will get an up to date report at a board meeting on Thursday, and then we will convene and have discussions on it and look to make an announcement after.”