The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Worth a try though. Don't know if league rules would allow him to own a Scottish club when he already has two abroad though?

Not so sure.

If a potential new owner has to be asked to consider buying the club, I'm not certain he/she would be the kind of person you'ld want in charge. It hardly suggests much in the way of commitment.

6 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Worth a try though. Don't know if league rules would allow him to own a Scottish club when he already has two abroad though?

Plenty of examples of owners having multiple interests across Europe (Man City & Girona, Watford & Udinese, the Red Bull clubs). As long as it's not two clubs under the same federation, it seems to be fine.

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not so sure.

If a potential new owner has to be asked to consider buying the club, I'm not certain he/she would be the kind of person you'ld want in charge. It hardly suggests much in the way of commitment.

Very true.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Campbell was hoping to have Sunderland and Falkirk at one stage?

Also very true.

7 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

A minor point but I actually think you’re being pretty harsh on Danny Lennon. I actually think he’s a decent manager with a good record in Scottish football terms. He was absolutely shafted at St. Mirren after winning those diddies the League Cup and to be honest, I’d swap him for McKinnon tomorrow.

Is there a manager in this division you wouldn't swap McKinnon with ?

I'm guessing most managers in this division have an actual achievement on their CV and not a nearly 

Would have preferred a McCann type hard nosed business man with a plan and open with everybody what he would do and what he would take out when he left.

He arrived at Celtic 1 hour from closing stating he would revamp the stadium. Put in place sound financial management with a 3 - 5 10 year plan with set KPI's year by year. When he would go he leave a financially sound club and would take 50 million with him.

Everybody knew where he stood - they did not like him for it at the time. But they have reaped the rewards big style.

Wonder if he is still around and fancies a gig at Falkirk !

57 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not so sure.

Alternatively you would be trying to entice someone who does not see the club as an easy way of making a killing by loading the club with debt.

On 26/08/2019 at 08:22, inreganhendrywetrust said:

Raith rovers fan here - I can feel your pain after we dropped down to this league we had a strong strong team yet could not get the results. It’s a very tricky league to get out of

No it isn't.  Several teams have absolutely pished it in recent years.  Teams with far less resources than Ray McKinnon (baby) has at his disposal.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

In the event that the Kenny Rogers tribute act fails the due diligence process I wonder if it would be worthwhile the club contacting Ineos owner Jim Ratcliffe.

Now I have no time for the man's politics or his commitment to fracking but he is an outrageously wealthy man with a transparent business history that does not include mini cab firms or coffee stalls and has an obvious connection with the area in the shape of the smellier half of Grangemouth.

Also he already owns two clubs through Ineos Football which is run by his brother, the clubs in question being Nice in the French top league and Lausanne in the Swiss second tier.

Worth a phone call I would have thought.

One of our new directors works for Ineos.

No it isn't.  Several teams have absolutely pished it in recent years.  Teams with far less resources than Ray McKinnon (baby) has at his disposal.

The Morton team that was down here in 14-15 finished on less points than the teams that have won it for the last two seasons. Think you might have found it a bit tougher against those teams than the Stranraer side who were your closest challengers then.

36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

The Morton team that was down here in 14-15 finished on less points than the teams that have won it for the last two seasons. Think you might have found it a bit tougher against those teams than the Stranraer side who were your closest challengers then.

Yep.  We scraped over the line but Thumbhead cobbled together a team of relative diddies at short notice and still got the job done.

50 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Given that the two clubs in question were Ayr United (finished 8th in 2014/15; 35 points behind The Famous and immediately below full-time Dunfermline) and Arbroath (then slumming it in League Two) I somehow doubt that we would. But I guess you do need to cling onto some sort of ridiculous fantasy to try and make your record of hapless failure seem credible.

IMG_0697.thumb.jpg.4443bf7ea76a50f26b7805bb5b9c3b13.jpg

I wasn’t joking...
I’ve read everything there is to read on this forum about MC and his failed business ventures, but I’ve also spoken in detail to people I trust who have reason to believe he has been discredited by certain people and deserves a chance. I’ve never been as angry or frustrated or felt as detached from the Club as I do now, and that’s solely down to the current imposters and their shameful mismanagement over the past few years. I’m so fucking sickened by the whole charade that I’m prepared to roll the dice in the hope of landing a double 6, because the status quo isn’t an option.

The only person who has discredited Mark Campbell will be Mark Campbell himself.

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

And?

No sure if he is hoping that he has a word with Jim Ratcliffe and mention to him he knows of a football team he might be interested in and its near one of his refinery's is what might be getting implied ..