The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, JB22 said:

You only have to look as far as Mr McKinnon's LinkedIn page to understand what he regards as success....

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.51.49.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.17.png

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 13.52.02.png

......and there it is for all to see. He sees success in terms of unbeaten runs. Seriously, if this guy managed a side that drew all 36 league games, and got relegated with 36 points, he would consider that as a success.

Somebody needs to explain to him that losing W12 D1 L23 is better than his “unbeaten runs” patter. As someone mentioned above, he is not a winner, and he does not seem to demand that his teams are winners either.

We are going to Airdrie for a point.

Gary Locke's is brilliant - 

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/gary-locke-47a7443a

Edit - Scroll down and read the Hearts 13-14 season bit.  Looks like he thinks goals scored are better than points won (see the ICT mention).

Edited by TheScarf

"I am a technically-minded and commercially-astute Football Manager who has established an exceptional success record in the Scottish game, leading the likes of Brechin City, Raith Rovers and Dundee United to considerable domestic and cup achievements in their respective leagues"

You guys are lucky to have yer man Ray. 😂

The big issue yesterday (and what I suspect will be the case this season) is a severe lack of width.

Doyle seems like a character and a decent defender, but relying solely on him and Dixon (my god) to provide your crosses/attacks isn’t going to win you the league.

Most teams will sit in, keep the middle of the pitch compact which will make it difficult for Tidser and Telfer to play balls through the middle.

High floated crosses from 30 yards out by Dixon are not only terrible but it doesn’t suit the strikers we have either.

A reality check for those who’d thought we would win the league at a canter, can see many away games being like that this season. It’s up to us to pass it quicker, use the full width of the park, and provide proper chances for our strikers.

Mikey Doyle is real 100% guy with a great attitude BUT his ability doesn’t really match his enthusiasm and when he plays RB he bombs forward at every opportunity but is the last person you want delivering the vital cross. Most QOS fans were disappointed to lose him but for me he is better at centre back where he has a defensive job to do with no attacking distractions.

Mikey Doyle is real 100% guy with a great attitude BUT his ability doesn’t really match his enthusiasm and when he plays RB he bombs forward at every opportunity but is the last person you want delivering the vital cross. Most QOS fans were disappointed to lose him but for me he is better at centre back where he has a defensive job to do with no attacking distractions.

Second last.

He’s like David Beckham compared to Paul Dixon’s float it to the ‘keeper pish.

Looking at the fixture list, I’d pick September 22, after a woeful performance at Stair Park, for the parting of the ways..

So what are we going to do . It’s pretty obvious the current board can’t pick a manager or they don’t create the right environment for him to work in ! Are you seriously suggesting we pay Ray off and let them choose another failure ! The model is broke I’m afraid ! I suspect we will have to accept another year in this league to finally force them out . Ray or Ray Mark 2 won’t make much difference IMO! Hartley is proving that given some latitude he can build a winning mentality - but it only works if it’s his gig completely. Now I didn’t like Hartley but I witnessed how he and his family were treated and I can tell you I knew right then he would not be motivated to do a job for us! I feel Ray is probably getting a bit of the same ! Managers are like players and they need to be valued ! Who from the board or MSG is going to show they really care that they live and breathe success for the club - Nobody I’m afraid and the managers pick up on it and their enthusiasm is dulled and this is in turn picked up on by the players. On Saturday Clyde were pretty shite but they had a togetherness a spirit that we don’t have and won’t have unless we have change (Not MC ) They can’t even pick a successor they’re so far up their arse !

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

So what are we going to do . It’s pretty obvious the current board can’t pick a manager or they don’t create the right environment for him to work in ! Are you seriously suggesting we pay Ray off and let them choose another failure ! The model is broke I’m afraid ! I suspect we will have to accept another year in this league to finally force them out . Ray or Ray Mark 2 won’t make much difference IMO! Hartley is proving that given some latitude he can build a winning mentality - but it only works if it’s his gig completely. Now I didn’t like Hartley but I witnessed how he and his family were treated and I can tell you I knew right then he would not be motivated to do a job for us! I feel Ray is probably getting a bit of the same ! Managers are like players and they need to be valued ! Who from the board or MSG is going to show they really care that they live and breathe success for the club - Nobody I’m afraid and the managers pick up on it and their enthusiasm is dulled and this is in turn picked up on by the players. On Saturday Clyde were pretty shite but they had a togetherness a spirit that we don’t have and won’t have unless we have change (Not MC ) They can’t even pick a successor they’re so far up their arse !

The way Hartley was treated? He was a total c**t of a man. I cant believe you're defending that cretin

13 hours ago, Stainrod said:

So what are we going to do .

Well, as a Rovers fan, I hope nothing. As a football fan, you have to decide if Ray’s win at home, tie on the road plan is acceptable to Falkirk and it’s fans. Even executed perfectly, it’s “only” good for 72 points...which wins League 1 most years, but not all.

Reality is you’ll never win 18 at home and tie 18 on the road...so where does that leave you? Maybe beat the bottom 3 once and tie once at their place...adds 6 points (78)...pair of ties at the middle 3...even on points (78)...lose one and tie one to the top 3 on the road...minus 3 (75). So now you can have perhaps one loss or three ties at home if you want to win the League. Reality is 4 or 5 home loses or ties likely...minus 8 to 15 (60-67). That’s likely playoff territory, and as we proved recently, no sure thing.

I’m afraid your board will finally decide to dump Ray, the question is will it be in time to save your season.

Edited by TxRover
Adding a missing period...stupid phones.

1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Were you at the game sir?  Did you witness our no6, Ray Grant dictate all of the play in the midfield?  We were far from what you describe.  Were any team sh1te, it would have been the one with no width, relying on hopeless LB and RBs to provide the width that you lacked in midfield, and do that hopelessly.  Clyde were not the rubbish that you suggest.  We were way better than you were on the day.  I get it that you are a sore loser.  But don't put us down for our good performance.