The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Dunno but you can take that patter away to f**k off our thread anyway.

Calm down ffs

The 'Falkirk mongg'  was something the fuds used to call us. Was harmless banter.

Edited by champions

Just listened to Ray interview, deflect deflect deflect and deflect....oh we are 2nd, yep by winning one game deservedly and being shit in 3 other games

Lewis asking why is this, Rays reply...."I dunno"

Sums him up, any manager worth their salt rams it publicly X Y Z will be fixed and that they know the issue, even if they don't.

11 minutes ago, champions said:

Calm down ffs

The 'Falkirk mongg'  was something the fuds used to call us. Was harmless banter.

I was Beaver and Alf Hucker back in the day btw.  Is the Falkirk shuttle still a thing?  What about that psycho bloke that used to post on here?  This new generation of Falkirk fans are pitiful in comparison 😂

12 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

I was Beaver and Alf Hucker back in the day btw.  Is the Falkirk shuttle still a thing?  What about that psycho bloke that used to post on here?  This new generation of Falkirk fans are pitiful in comparison 😂

👍 shuttle still going strong, mostly young guys now with a sprinkling of seniors. Cant remember any psycho guy, it's been quite a while since I posted on here so my memory is hazy 😁

26 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Just listened to Ray interview, deflect deflect deflect and deflect....oh we are 2nd, yep by winning one game deservedly and being shit in 3 other games

Lewis asking why is this, Rays reply...."I dunno"

Sums him up, any manager worth their salt rams it publicly X Y Z will be fixed and that they know the issue, even if they don't.

Haven't watched the interview but did he begin any response with,"Look, (followed by weak explanation)"? That's when you know he's lost the plot.

A bit like when that guy from Falkirk TV says, "I'm sorry but..."

Haven't watched the interview but did he begin any response with,"Look, (followed by weak explanation)"? That's when you know he's lost the plot.
Make no bones about it, he probably did.

Just watched it....he says “Listen” about 4 times to begin a sentence, then spouts a load of shite as usual.

6 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Just having a wee nosey through this thread and it's been fucking delightful lately 😁.

One thing I will say is that any ton or bairns fan who said tidser is pish is talking absolute shite. He's a fantastic player and should be a standout. McKinnon had him playing deep on the midfield for is last season and he bossed games.  Surprised to hear that he isn't getting the best out of him. 

He's been utter dug shit. Genuinely abysmal. Total waste of a wage.

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

He's been utter dug shit. Genuinely abysmal. Total waste of a wage.

That's too far. His assist for Telfer against Dumbarton was sublime and he laid Sammons on against Montrose. It's not like he hasn't contributed. 

Gave my feelings on Tidser on the Montrose thread and that was after winning.

Dixon is awful going forward, the most positive I've read about him is he can defend, I don't even think he is that good at that. The floated crosses into the keepers hands would be best kicked to the ball boy, that would waste less time and be more useful than the boy behind the goal yesterday. If only we had a left back on the team who was good at attacking and might have stayed if offered, called Robson or something like that.

We are going through the motions so far, and that lies at the manager. I had already heard from someone from a past team that he was a soft touch and it shows for me.

Its a big week for us with the MC bid due to be announced (hopefully IMO to gtf), and  McKinnon better have a think if this is a team he can motivate or he can go with him.

His “We are 2nd in the league with a team that has just been built” is his early season “we are in the mix, we are there or thereabouts”. Of course, we then get the bluster of “we are going to grow stronger”.

If the team does indeed begin to forge understandings and results improve, I doubt that it will have much to do with McKinnon’s input. Two away games with one draw, one defeat and no goals tells you exactly how this guy is planning on playing this season.......just like last season. He gets to sign better players than last season, has the club now down in the seaside league, and yet he still tries to cobble together materplans in the hope of getting draws in away games. Jesus Aitch Christ.

2 hours ago, LargsTON said:

Tbh I dont know if him and St Sid are even alive anymore.   

I think they both still post on B and W Army, but under different names. The Captain is back on here after a long absence as Jeremiah Cole. Having a good go, for old times sake, on our Sevco match thread this week.

The clock is ticking for McKinnon now. He has been allowed to build his own squad which really should be capable of winning this league with a fair bit to spare.
Unfortunately his tactics are still woefully cautious and not even suited to the players that he signed.
I will be surprised if he is here for much longer unless he turns his entire footballing ethos on its head.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The clock is ticking for McKinnon now...I will be surprised if he is here for much longer unless he turns his entire footballing ethos on its head.

Looking at the fixture list, I’d pick September 22, after a woeful performance at Stair Park, for the parting of the ways..