The Falkirk FC Thread

McKinnon is actually starting to look to be incapable of winning a league competition. Wherever he has been, he has been one of those “never really good enough” types.

Now, handed the biggest ever advantage possible to play in the Seaside league, other than a big win against an awful Dumbarton, we are seeing the true measure of him as a manager, and it’s not good. He simply doesn’t have it. But for a once in a career howler by the Montrose keeper, we could have been looking at a W1 D2 L1 record. Very familiar stuff. No matter what league he manages in, he fucks it up.

Seems to me like the players are confused by being asked to do different things at home v away. Could be wide of the mark here but the midfield in particular (I say midfield but today it was represented by a gaping void of nothingness with intermittent Gomis) reminds me of Scotland under McLeish. They are all decent footballers but the way in which they are being instructed leads them to look lost. If the assumption on here is correct that McKinnon is purposfully setting us up like this away from home then he certainly needs to go.

like marshmallo first game for me this season. had seen the highlights of previous games and wasn't too excited about the squad and tactics to date however today was a new low.

we could have played all week and not scored, we need to be taking more risks one on one and getting low crosses into the box. we floated crosses in all day and they rarely found a Falkirk player. but we just keep doing it. more shots from 25 yards too.

I don't think I've slagged McKinnon off before today but the brand of football is utterly dire. he needs to take some responsibility for the players signed and tactics employed. 4 games in now we know what we're getting, teams defending in numbers, hitting us on the break and timewasting. I'd rather throw the kitchen sink at them and take whatever comes. goodwillie was the best forward player on the pitch. only bell gomis and Buchanan got pass marks for me.

9 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

You know it’s bad when our highlight is Cammy Bell bouncing a 10 year old ball boy and making him greet

That's how bad it is. We are so frustrated we are baying for blood from bodying ball boys. If we started positively then we wouldnt have to worry about time wasting and chasing the game. That's two weeks in a row the opponent has had one chance and took it while we huff and puff all day.

Edited by BMbairn
Spelling

You're calling for your managers head and we're four games in.  😂

You think 7 points from 12 is bad. Try and imagine being 8 points clear of Ayr, then being 9 points behind Ayr, having a chance to win the league on the final day of the season only for your top goalscorer to hit the post in the last minute, draw 0-0 and go on to get knocked out of the play offs by Alloa. 

2 minutes ago, SometimesShitRaith said:

You're calling for your managers head and we're four games in.  😂

You think 7 points from 12 is bad. Try and imagine being 8 points clear of Ayr, then being 9 points behind Ayr, having a chance to win the league on the final day of the season only for your top goalscorer to hit the post in the last minute, draw 0-0 and go on to get knocked out of the play offs by Alloa. 

I don’t think anyone is basing it on the four games this season solely, we were defensive and shite last season too. 

Tbf to Ray, McManus should have scored to give us a draw. However, the 1st half was poor, the build up was too slow and it didn’t change much in the 2nd half. At the moment we don’t seem to have the mentality of a team
that thinks they can be champions.

13 minutes ago, BudBairn said:

Tbf to Ray, McManus should have scored to give us a draw. However, the 1st half was poor, the build up was too slow and it didn’t change much in the 2nd half. At the moment we don’t seem to have the mentality of a team

That’s probably because beyond the wafer thin veneer, we have a manager who is not a champion either.

Or, more likely, we have too many players that think they only need to turn up to be champions....

Not had a go at the Manager before but that shambles today is completely down to rank bad management from McKinnon. Started off with the wrong tactics, far too narrow, and ended with no tactics at all just a punt and run mess.
Huge gaps in the midfield, hardly a surprise the lad Grant got man of the match as he had massive amounts of time and space to play his game.
We won’t be close to winning the league with this manager unfortunately.