The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

f**k sake all this Lavery talk, unfortunately the boy couldn't stay fit enough to get a crack at the first team. No one's fault, move on!

8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Personal opinion is that he has something of a Charles Green lite vibe. Does his homework, plays buzzword bingo with the support, and gives of the sense of seeing the club as supporters do. The truth I am sure, is very different.

There are so many iffy practices that an owner can pursue in order to strip money from a football club, and I reckon this guy will be up to speed on every single on of them.

One guy takes over, and we are left hoping for a benevolent dictator. I reckon that isn’t what we will get. Quite the opposite in fact.

A potential lesson/warning from the Bury situation.

Some similarities & potential nightmares we could be exposed to with a dodgy owner having most of the shares.

Mysterious new companies, multiple dissolved businesses , asset transfers, loans taken out against the assets  - there are serious red lights here people!  

http://priceoffootball.com/bury-minutes-to-midnight/

9 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Is there any danger of MC being able to sue the club, for expenses or whatever, if they are just messing him about? That would be peak MSG.

(Not seriously asking btw).

That very scenario has happened before and for more than just expenses (sorry to bring up Leeds again).

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-latest/leeds-united-sport-capital-sues-gfh-for-33m-over-failed-leeds-takeover-bid-1-7078765

A potential lesson/warning from the Bury situation.
Some similarities & potential nightmares we could be exposed to with a dodgy owner having most of the shares.
Mysterious new companies, multiple dissolved businesses , asset transfers, loans taken out against the assets  - there are serious red lights here people!  
http://priceoffootball.com/bury-minutes-to-midnight/

I’m certain the board will be well aware of this risk and I fully expect them to drop MC in the next few days . It’s not the bad press that alarms me it’s the lack of good press. Has anyone anywhere got some positive info on Mr C ?

When was the last time anyone made a success out of a business bought for a pound, I mean we have Rangers, Bury and BHS to name bought 3 and all of them went down the tubes.
I think Craig Whyte and Philip Green probably did ok out of these deals. Its all about which gauge you are using to measure success.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
52 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:
When was the last time anyone made a success out of a business bought for a pound, I mean we have Rangers, Bury and BHS to name bought 3 and all of them went down the tubes.

I think Craig Whyte and Philip Green probably did ok out of these deals. Its all about which gauge you are using to measure success.

The best entertainment Scottish football has provided since 1978

Edited by NewBornBairn

9 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

f**k sake all this Lavery talk, unfortunately the boy couldn't stay fit enough to get a crack at the first team. No one's fault, move on!

Nah let's all scrutinize every aspect of it over and over until we make an ill informed conclusion after 100 pages of shite reading.

14 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Nah let's all scrutinize every aspect of it over and over until we make an ill informed conclusion after 100 pages of shite reading.

Nah let's fawn all over him on Twitter and ask him if he wants to buy a golf course.

"A takeover by American businessman Mark Campbell fell through in June after the investor pulled out over fears he would bankrupt the club."
Taken from a Sky Sports News report this morning on a Sunderland takeover story.

He pulled out because he feared he would bankrupt the place ?

Doesn’t make sense