The Falkirk FC Thread

You would think that the case for “reasonable doubt” is a strong one, but you just never know.
Given that the MSG had no sleepless nights messing about their own customers in the form of BtB, then just maybe they are playing the same game with this guy, and have no intention of selling to him, and are just using him to make a point to the punters of “be careful what you wish for”.
Ultimately though, the MSG are pretty unstable in terms of what they are likely to do next, so all possible outcomes still seem to be on the table.
Is there any danger of MC being able to sue the club, for expenses or whatever, if they are just messing him about? That would be peak MSG.

(Not seriously asking btw).

2 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Is there any danger of MC being able to sue the club, for expenses or whatever, if they are just messing him about? That would be peak MSG.

(Not seriously asking btw).

I think the only way out for them would be for him to fail Due Diligence and them to say your funds or background dont look right.  This is one of those scenarios where they really should have checked the small print with his plans as there is no way is there any good intentions to the club in there.

Theres no way the MSG can frame this as a positive for them even if they knock his bid back. If they come with "he was a shyster and we protected the club from him" the obvious response would be that they worked with him for several weeks prior to PB status, and at the expense of the BtB group and other bids. This is on the MSG either way it goes. If he gets it and he is a shyster, its their fault he was the last show in town, and their fault for not detecting that he was a shyster.

If he doesnt get it, how the f**k did it cost us so much time and all the other bids to find out? MSG are in a corner here one way or the other and deserve nothing but pure fury from the fans if/when this collapses.

I dont have any negative feelings towards MC yet other than being wary of him and finding his social media habits cringy as f**k. The MSG on the other hand.....

This will all go away though, as long as we keep winning.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont have any negative feelings towards MC yet other than being wary of him and finding his social media habits cringy as f**k. The MSG on the other hand.....

I'm exactly the same of MC tbh i dont know what it will take for him  to convince me but i think we see where it is going, there is going to be very little of benefit to the club he brings apart from a mountain of debt we are going to be saddled with.

As for MSG i think there will always be that bitterness left behind even after the wins.

Personal opinion is that he has something of a Charles Green lite vibe. Does his homework, plays buzzword bingo with the support, and gives of the sense of seeing the club as supporters do. The truth I am sure, is very different.

There are so many iffy practices that an owner can pursue in order to strip money from a football club, and I reckon this guy will be up to speed on every single on of them.

One guy takes over, and we are left hoping for a benevolent dictator. I reckon that isn’t what we will get. Quite the opposite in fact.

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

After everything thats came out, they surely cant sell to this c**t.  The guy Bell is up for sexual harassment as well so thats 2 of them, get out the US before the trial relocate to UK, starts again his realtor website in the US doesnt exist anymore, 12-15 failed businesses in the UK, starts up sports/agency in the UK takes over club, puts players in the shop windows gets agents fee, player gets weekly wage moved on for transfer fee, agents cop a shed load of cash club gets little to nothing out of it.

sounds great where do we sign up.

Calm you jets. Innocent until proven guilty etc.  The accuser could just be some crazy American.

1 minute ago, champions said:

Calm you jets. Innocent until proven guilty etc.  The accuser could just be some crazy American.

Give him the benefit of the doubt on that one the rest of it am not so sure on.

42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Theres no way the MSG can frame this as a positive for them even if they knock his bid back. If they come with "he was a shyster and we protected the club from him" the obvious response would be that they worked with him for several weeks prior to PB status, and at the expense of the BtB group and other bids. This is on the MSG either way it goes. If he gets it and he is a shyster, its their fault he was the last show in town, and their fault for not detecting that he was a shyster.

If he doesnt get it, how the f**k did it cost us so much time and all the other bids to find out? MSG are in a corner here one way or the other and deserve nothing but pure fury from the fans if/when this collapses.

If it fails then they just go through the process again.

3 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Lavery scoring again tonight v Qarabag, a team consisting of various Azerbaijani internationals and experienced European players. And he couldn’t get a game against Alloa. I am absolutely seething and my head has fallen off 

Yeah absolutely nuts that he didn't get more of a chance..  He did have some injury issues but should have got far more game time

On a serious point. If you have a programme collection that you would like to do some good with. Please consider donating them to Footballing Memories. They are an organisation working with Alzheimer sufferers. Sometimes it will drag somebody back into remembering who they are, their family, who they went to the game with, pint in the Royal or the 1066, Brockville , Players, Great games. Then they drift away again but for these few minutes it's priceless. I donated my programmes from the 60's till now home and away international matches the lot. Lucky enough to have the memories but you never know I might some day need them again, and so might you !
Cracking idea.
If I had any left it would be a no brainier.... but sadly had to give all the programmes away when I moved across the Atlantic [emoji853]

Yeah absolutely nuts that he didn't get more of a chance..  He did have some injury issues but should have got far more game time

Yeah, you can now add another to Lavery’s total tonight. Now 3-1....

Shayne Lavery scores a screamer!Linfield are daring to dream!The striker shows another explosive burst of pace to trouble the Qarabag defender Huseynov. He steals the ball, charges forward, drops back onto his left foot and curls a wonderful effort into the top corner!