The Falkirk FC Thread

My daughter was born at 4.46pm on 3rd August, 1994 and I could remember that by 7.20pm on that date I was at Brockville but I could never remember who we played or what the score was.

Just checked the better meddle site and it was Luton Town and we lost 3-1.

As said before it is an excellent database which I was unaware of.

Remember that game well. Dariusz Wdowczyk played as a trialist at full back.

1 minute ago, Falkirkfan6871 said:

Shocked to see in photos the amount of broken seats at Broadwood stadium. Reminds me of TFS now with missing seats in the North stand. A reality check of life in league one a new owner can’t come quick enough. 

Starks Park is the same, I think this is due to the team training at the park and pitch leasing.

Seats are getting broken all over the place to the degree that the north stand is getting stripped to replace seating elsewhere.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

No, he contributes (as have I) but it's maintained by Andrew Hulett. It's magnificent, as has been said.

John Meffen does the Falkirk FC Historian blog, which is unbelievable for the first 75 years or so of the club's history, as well as other nearby clubs.

Andy’s my mate from school and I’m meeting him for a few beers at the weekend so I’ll let him know that you guys love his work.

He’s put 1000’s of hours of work into it so will appreciate the feedback.

9 hours ago, Russ said:

Few wee changes Brett Young, Kyle Mitchell and Cieran Dunne are all gone.

Not so much you but few positional issues and Gary Millers wages of £1200 per week is mental. Finding it difficult to punt him.

Thats those three players removed, and Millers wage brought down to what seems to be a more realistic figure, thanks for letting me know about them 👍

If you let me know positional issues I can try and sort them for you too. 

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

There's so many experts in business investigative reporting on here, I'm surprised Douglas Fraser and Mark Daly are still in work! I guess they aren't allowed to use phrases like "makes me think", "probably", "I suspect" and "almost certainly".

You know I suspect Mark Campbell is almost certainly dodgy as hell, probably.  

He makes me think that anyway. 

Andy’s my mate from school and I’m meeting him for a few beers at the weekend so I’ll let him know that you guys love his work.
He’s put 1000’s of hours of work into it so will appreciate the feedback.
I sold Andrew's dad a number of old Falkirk programmes many years ago.. some of which I had bought from games I had attended.... and a few which i had spotted in a skip in Jackson Avenue.
He had a huge collection of them, which are probably the ones pictured on Better meddle.

After everything thats came out, they surely cant sell to this c**t.  The guy Bell is up for sexual harassment as well so thats 2 of them, get out the US before the trial relocate to UK, starts again his realtor website in the US doesnt exist anymore, 12-15 failed businesses in the UK, starts up sports/agency in the UK takes over club, puts players in the shop windows gets agents fee, player gets weekly wage moved on for transfer fee, agents cop a shed load of cash club gets little to nothing out of it.

sounds great where do we sign up.

Edited by AL-FFC

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

After everything thats came out, they surely cant sell to this c**t.  The guy Bell is up for sexual harassment as well so thats 2 of them, get out the US before the trial relocate to UK, starts again his realtor website in the US doesnt exist anymore, 12-15 failed businesses in the UK, starts up sports/agency in the UK takes over club, puts players in the shop windows gets agents fee, player gets weekly wage moved on for transfer fee, agents cop a shed load of cash club gets little to nothing out of it.

sounds great where do we sign up.

You would think that the case for “reasonable doubt” is a strong one, but you just never know.

Given that the MSG had no sleepless nights messing about their own customers in the form of BtB, then just maybe they are playing the same game with this guy, and have no intention of selling to him, and are just using him to make a point to the punters of “be careful what you wish for”.

Ultimately though, the MSG are pretty unstable in terms of what they are likely to do next, so all possible outcomes still seem to be on the table.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You would think that the case for “reasonable doubt” is a strong one, but you just never know.

Given that the MSG had no sleepless nights messing about their own customers in the form of BtB, then just maybe they are playing the same game with this guy, and have no intention of selling to him, and are just using him to make a point to the punters of “be careful what you wish for”.

Ultimately though, the MSG are pretty unstable in terms of what they are likely to do next, so all possible outcomes still seem to be on the table.

I had actually never thought of that scenario, i really still dont see any way back for them but given the options we have MSG or MC its like asking do you want a boot in the balls or a punch in the face both are going to hurt.  I am still hopeful that a bit of sense (if there is any) comes into play and they revisit the other bid since (IF) they do want out then the BtB option wont suit them and only a sale will do.