The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Fair play.

The "Archives" I was talking about  searching through were my own. The league game was one of my first games taking pics for the Club and the Challenge cup game was nearer the end

LLeahyvClyde17.jpg

Edited by 60`s bairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

http://bettermeddle.org.uk/ has to be the most complete and best organized of any team's stat site I've seen. I realise it's an ongoing project, but kudos to whoever set it up and is still updating and developing it.

It`s a truly unbelievable database, what a work must have gone in to that. The detail includes reserve and U19 games going back decades. Fantastic piece of work.

My daughter was born at 4.46pm on 3rd August, 1994 and I could remember that by 7.20pm on that date I was at Brockville but I could never remember who we played or what the score was.

Just checked the better meddle site and it was Luton Town and we lost 3-1.

As said before it is an excellent database which I was unaware of.

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A lad called John Meffan I believe - he is on twitter

No, he contributes (as have I) but it's maintained by Andrew Hulett. It's magnificent, as has been said.

John Meffen does the Falkirk FC Historian blog, which is unbelievable for the first 75 years or so of the club's history, as well as other nearby clubs.

You would need to ask John Park himself why he's getting involved and were he would be looking for players. Certainly the plan would only work if we got out of league one anyway. You're not going to get it working in the seaside leagues.  Anyway we're discussing the where with alls of this kind of idea whoever was in charge . I'm not really wanting to get into all the pishy in the know chat/ google trawling  about Mark Campbell. 

John park could pick up a job at 150 k plus with a top club . Given that you have to figure out how he’s going to top that with us .The only angle is via some dodgy type contract that favors the sports management company that has been recently set up!
The level of complication makes me think the lawyer behind the sports management company is probably the brains behind whatever scheme is planned for our club .
He is almost certainly more involved or plans to be than is currently evident! Mr Campbell is I suspect just a front .

There's so many experts in business investigative reporting on here, I'm surprised Douglas Fraser and Mark Daly are still in work! I guess they aren't allowed to use phrases like "makes me think", "probably", "I suspect" and "almost certainly".

Edited by welshbairn

There's so many experts in business investigative reporting on here, I'm surprised Douglas Fraser and Mark Daly are still in work! I guess they aren't allowed to use phrases like "makes me think", "probably", "I suspect" and "almost certainly".

Many more mugs than experts

John Park's gone on here from "great news that he's involved" to the Sun's spin that he's walking away because he said he wouldn't be involved until the deal was done and he had a job, to "he's been at all the games" to he must be a crook as well then. Hope he stays away from P+B.

John Park's gone on here from "great news that he's involved" to the Sun's spin that he's walking away because he said he wouldn't be involved until the deal was done and he had a job, to "he's been at all the games" to he must be a crook as well then. Hope he stays away from P+B.
Park rhymes with Shark. You're no telling me thats a coincidence?

He hasn’t been at all the games