The Falkirk FC Thread

Click subscribe.
Start FM. Click new career.
Nex window there should be a drop down menu at the top right with something like "Database 19.3.0" or something in it, click there, make sure the "SPFL transfer window" box is ticked...
1246206639_FootballManager2018_ApplicationMenugwne.thumb.png.f926534700ec10a5c6f43cab143f7dab.png
...that screenshot is just an example photo, your list should only include the one thing. 
Then you just continue on as normal from there.

Running fine mate cheers for that.... got DKD back on loan aswel [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

That pizzas looking slightly underdone for my liking.

Maybe that's the way Connor likes his pizza?  He looks a lot happier with it than the one Partick Thistle gave him that looks a lot more cooked

I have no idea if this has any relevance to the current murky situation but it would seem that MC has resigned his position as a director of Markell :
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11238688/filing-history

I’m confused Markell is a UK company !!!! I thought it was a US company selling real estate in New York. It is not tax smart to trade in this way! There must be another reason anyone else got a scuby

31 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Why does everyone seem to want to give Connor Sammon Pizza?

image.png.c359d6a3b8d8260d1813e3f8aa650688.png

The tagline was meant to be "Benny T's Pizza Put A Smile On Your Face". It was intended as a nod to, and perhaps a pisstake of, the infamous Partick Thistle image.

The message seems to have been lost by adding it to his inclusion in the SPFL team of the day.

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The tagline was meant to be "Benny T's Pizza Put A Smile On Your Face". It was intended as a nod to, and perhaps a pisstake of, the infamous Partick Thistle image.

The message seems to have been lost by adding it to his inclusion in the SPFL team of the day.

Is this a wind up? Every single person knows why the picture was taken. Am I being whooshed?

i just called the number given in the contact page (in wales) and someone answered "Hello Bell Hydraulics", see link below, Guy Bell is listed as a former director. This is all just a bit to weird.
http://www.bellhydraulics.co.uk/

Have a look at the asset values....
http:// https://suite.endole.co.uk/explorer/postcode/np44-2pp

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Six years old, as it was laid in the summer of 2013.

The first game on it was a 3-1 victory over Morton 17/8/13 after our first thirteen friendliness / Stirlingshire Cup / Challenge Cup matches were played away from home.

That`s more like it...the big book of "Falkirk stats" is alive and well.....although you didn`t mention wind speed and direction????😜

Pretty sure it won't cost as much to resurface compared to the initial install.  I believe a large chunk of the cost was the original ground work but that won't need redone.  

Anyone know what the cost will be to resurface?

Having tendered a replacement pitch recently I can confirm it's not cheap.

Rule of thumb seems to be the pitch should last 5 years. Cheap sock pad 5 years also and a good one 10 years. Given the relatively light use our pitch gets, we might expect more than that.

There's plenty of variables, particularly the type of fill material, but you're looking at £275-400k to replace the pitch. If the shock pad (layer below the turf) needs replaced then you can add the best part of £100k to that.

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't really have an issue with that to be honest. At least it would mean that the players would have to be half decent to get any cash for them. If it got us better players and we get some of the cash for them then why not?

Well ! The reason why not is reality of what it is like on the pitch. You could put together 11 players that are great in their individual positions but playing together their limitations expose the limitations of the great players beside them and its a disaster. Here is the scenario. Midfield player good allrounder but if ball player in behind him he is slow on the turn. This exposes the good all rounder centre back  that is slow for his first 3 - strides. Result big hole in the middle of the park and games lost. What do you learn from that ? The best players don't make the best teams,sometimes conditions determine who gets a game, and sometimes the opposition can be exploited by a less talented player but with a game winning attribute. Get a grip Shadwell ! 

8 hours ago, Bigbri Bairn2 said:

Remind me never to try to buy FALKIRKFC. the dirt that would be dredged up would put me off

Not if you were a legit businessman with a sound company & financial history - you'd be fine.

That's at one of the end of the scale , at the other end is Mark Campbell - hence the dredging.

What relevance do these companies have?

If you look at the sports management company they list a UK address and postcode in Wales. If you look there you will find four companies in total. Three of which, coincidentally with ‘Bell’ in the name but no sign of the sports management company....

32 minutes ago, mic_17_uk said:

Given the relatively light use our pitch gets, we might expect more than that.

I don't know what the appropriate measuring scale would be, but I doubt that any of them would class our pitch use as light use.

We have 3 groundstaff who're on rota to be there from around eight in the morning to I think ten at night. On 363 out of 365 days in the year. In theory they're off Christmas and New Years Days, but it's not unusual for the first team to train on those day too. 

I believe the Foundation in particular make heavy use of it. They would almost have to, with over 1,000 players and god knows how many teams.

And yet they're still building a new pitch on the East side of the ground when they already have Woodlands. That would suggest the main pitch isn't available as often as they'd like.

I don't know what the appropriate measuring scale would be, but I doubt that any of them would class our pitch use as light use.
We have 3 groundstaff who're on rota to be there from around eight in the morning to I think ten at night. On 363 out of 365 days in the year. In theory they're off Christmas and New Years Days, but it's not unusual for the first team to train on those day too. 
I believe the Foundation in particular make heavy use of it. They would almost have to, with over 1,000 players and god knows how many teams.
And yet they're still building a new pitch on the East side of the ground when they already have Woodlands. That would suggest the main pitch isn't available as often as they'd like.

I stand corrected. I've been to TFS on non match days only a handful of times.