The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't really have an issue with that to be honest. At least it would mean that the players would have to be half decent to get any cash for them. If it got us better players and we get some of the cash for them then why not?

agree this would be fine and is pretty much how MC described us operating however the problem could come if we just sign any old rubbish just to pay a agent fees to fairway/markell/bell sports management......aren't Dunfermline in a similar situation with Jackie Mac's agency, or have they cut ties?

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Wouldn't really have an issue with that to be honest. At least it would mean that the players would have to be half decent to get any cash for them. If it got us better players and we get some of the cash for them then why not?

Your opening the club up to the likes of Dennon Lewis and Dallison again in the hope they bring in some cash and how much of the fee would go to agents

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Your opening the club up to the likes of Dennon Lewis and Dallison again in the hope they bring in some cash and how much of the fee would go to agents

I can't see John Park wanting to tarnish his name in the game by signing any old shite. Surely it would be to the advantage of the owners also if we were signing good young talent unearthed by park and then making money out of the transfer fees.  To get these players to sign you also need to have a decent team. Not much chance of players worth anything signing for a club in the lower echelons of Scottish football.  There's a lot worse things that could be done to the club than this by Campbell. If this was his plan along with developing the area I wouldnt have any issues. However, I doubt that this is what people including the btb boys are worried about.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I can't see John Park wanting to tarnish his name in the game by signing any old shite. Surely it would be to the advantage of the owners also if we were signing good young talent unearthed by park and then making money out of the transfer fees.  To get these players to sign you also need to have a decent team. Not much chance of players worth anything signing for a club in the lower echelons of Scottish football.  There's a lot worse things that could be done to the club than this by Campbell. If this was his plan along with developing the area I wouldnt have any issues. However, I doubt that this is what people including the btb boys are worried about.

Like i say its second guessing but with the sports management things seeming to pop up bell/fairway etc it seems like this is just another way to try and make some decent money  the concerning thing is the lack of accounts filed for any of his businesses and all been folded or closed.

11 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Like i say its second guessing but with the sports management things seeming to pop up bell/fairway etc it seems like this is just another way to try and make some decent money  the concerning thing is the lack of accounts filed for any of his businesses and all been folded or closed.

Noone seems to know really where his cash has come from. As I've said before though all we can hope is that having done the job before when selling their own companies the likes of Ritchie and Alexander are a lot better at carrying out due dilligence and checking this guy out than they were at running a fitba club.

28 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Noone seems to know really where his cash has come from. As I've said before though all we can hope is that having done the job before when selling their own companies the likes of Ritchie and Alexander are a lot better at carrying out due dilligence and checking this guy out than they were at running a fitba club.

Don’t know about Ritchie, but when Sandy Alexander sold the majority of his shares he exited to a combination of existing shareholders/directors, bank and I think private equity.  All known quantities.

The only thing the shareholders need to do (and it’s generally their lawyers that would do it, usually by checking with the buyers own lawyers) is check that the source of funds is legitimate, to cover anti-money laundering requirements.  Anything they do beyond that is their choice, because they are concerned for what happens after they’ve gone. 

People keep talking about this diligence period as if it’s the club doing diligence on MC, but more likely it’s the other way round.

If any of you fancy an early go with Falkirk in League One, on FM, then I've made an updated database.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1839962895

Let me know if anythings wrong with it pls.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would doubt it but don’t know for certain. Why would they discuss similar things that the clubs DD was handling. Could the club have asked them not to?

I just thought they would be interested in keeping the line of dialogue open where they can ask him questions regarding his plans and  background. Surely better to cover both bases by giving the info to the club and also asking him to clarify it.

35 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

Don’t know about Ritchie, but when Sandy Alexander sold the majority of his shares he exited to a combination of existing shareholders/directors, bank and I think private equity.  All known quantities.

The only thing the shareholders need to do (and it’s generally their lawyers that would do it, usually by checking with the buyers own lawyers) is check that the source of funds is legitimate, to cover anti-money laundering requirements.  Anything they do beyond that is their choice, because they are concerned for what happens after they’ve gone. 

People keep talking about this diligence period as if it’s the club doing diligence on MC, but more likely it’s the other way round.

Surely they go through the same process whether well known quantities or not.  Sandy Alexander has stated he will always be a fan who turns up to support the club. You would think therefore it would be important to him to actually have a club to support in the future.

I just thought they would be interested in keeping the line of dialogue open where they can ask him questions regarding his plans and  background. Surely better to cover both bases by giving the info to the club and also asking him to clarify it.

My only assumption is that they have sent in the info and then left the club to get on with it.

4 minutes ago, falkirkbairn10 said:

How do you add this to the game? Never done it before emoji51.png

Click subscribe.

Start FM. Click new career.

Nex window there should be a drop down menu at the top right with something like "Database 19.3.0" or something in it, click there, make sure the "SPFL transfer window" box is ticked...

1246206639_FootballManager2018_ApplicationMenugwne.thumb.png.f926534700ec10a5c6f43cab143f7dab.png

...that screenshot is just an example photo, your list should only include the one thing. 

Then you just continue on as normal from there.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

How long has the plastic pitch been down for?

5 years iirc. It’s due to get it’s major maintenance/ ripped up quite soon i think. Personally the only regrets i have about it going in would be around maybe loosing out to a player if they have said they don’t like the surfaces. 

Always played quite true on our pitch imo, not like seen on some other grounds. Never thought that the pitch took anything away from the quality of play. 

21 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

5 years iirc. It’s due to get it’s major maintenance/ ripped up quite soon i think. Personally the only regrets i have about it going in would be around maybe loosing out to a player if they have said they don’t like the surfaces. 

Always played quite true on our pitch imo, not like seen on some other grounds. Never thought that the pitch took anything away from the quality of play. 

Six years old, as it was laid in the summer of 2013.

The first game on it was a 3-1 victory over Morton 17/8/13 after our first thirteen friendliness / Stirlingshire Cup / Challenge Cup matches were played away from home.

36 minutes ago, BountyBairn said:

Pretty sure it won't cost as much to resurface compared to the initial install.  I believe a large chunk of the cost was the original ground work but that won't need redone.  

Anyone know what the cost will be to resurface?

12 minutes ago, champions said:

Pretty sure it won't cost as much to resurface compared to the initial install.  I believe a large chunk of the cost was the original ground work but that won't need redone.  

Anyone know what the cost will be to resurface?

Not sure of an exact figure, but Carpetright have artificial grass for 14.99 /sq.m. with another 10% off using a discount code. Plus fitting and underlay.